• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

dc89

isQ8oS0o2BpSc.gif

Yes, whatever Nasri has done (?) was much worse.

It's pretty obvious what he was aiming for there.

Horrendous challenge. He's facing a ban here, no doubt about it.

jtb

Banned
Being serious now, I thought Ozil and Cazorla were very poor. I thought we defended well and stopped them from finding too much pace between the lines. But at the same time the two players mentioned were very sloppy with their passing and Ozil, in particular, played like he didn't really give a shit. Complete contract to Rooney who was sensational.

I thought Cazorla was alright, not particularly poor but not good either. Ramsey on the wing was a mistake. Giroud and Ozil were pretty terrible though, constantly losing possession. Giroud's pretty useless without any pace on the wings.

Scum

RvP did nothing wrong. He deserves to celebrate his goal. Call him a cunt when he decides to do this ->

ie62tjkOl2Awo.gif

I feel bad for Lamela, he had a breakout performance on Thursday and didn't even get on the pitch today. It might not have changed the result but it can't be good for his confidence.
Exactly. AVB also needs to clip Townsend 'round the back of the head and make him realise he's there to assist Soldado and not pretend to be Bale. That's why i'd like to see him switched to the left.

And now we'll show you our shit defending

teach us AVB
Are you seriously missing a big chuck of your backline through injury??

Showaddy

------------------ Soldado -----------------
Townsend ---- Eriksen ---- Lamela

More roaming
Float/Drill crosses

Yep Iv'e been begging for this for weeks. Townsend has THE worst conversion rate in the league (2.2% FFS!) he cannot play as an inverted winger for Spurs when there's so little space about him. Lamela's shown he's got composure and the ability to play in the tight spaces, why we brought on Defoe today I do not know.

Also I was shocked at how easily Sandro took control of the game when he came on. AVB must know that Dembele-Paulinho just doesn't work by now and that Sandro has to play.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
RvP did nothing wrong. He deserves to celebrate his goal. Call him a cunt when he decides to do this ->

ie62tjkOl2Awo.gif

Exactly. AVB also needs to clip Townsend 'round the back of the head and make him realise he's there to assist Soldado and not pretend to be Bale. That's why i'd like to see him switched to the left.

Are you seriously missing a big chuck of your backline through injury??
Yeah Chiellino, Lichtsteiner and Caceres are out

to this day i still have no idea how a tiny table made it out there :lol :lol

Pretty sure it's one of those the stewards sit on, easily to take right there.

Remember seeing someone throw a scooter out from one stand to the other in Serie A once, like some old ass clips they were showing, now that was weird.

Clegg

I thought Cazorla was alright, not particularly poor but not good either. Ramsey on the wing was a mistake. Giroud and Ozil were pretty terrible though, constantly losing possession. Giroud's pretty useless without any pace on the wings.

This game highlighted your need for another quality striker. Giroud isn't as bad as I first thought, but he is definitely limited in what he can do. Bringing Bendtner on was a sign of Wenger's desperation.

Ozil just never got going. I know he can create a moment of brilliance out of absolutely nothing, but surely he should be expected to at least put in a modicum of effort. He looked like Berbatov at his laziest.

jtb

Banned
I couldn't care less about RVP celebrating. what pisses me off is how his fitness has been basically perfect since he left Arsenal. just fucking fire the entire medical staff already.

Clegg

What's up with City tho?

Sport Witness ‏@Sport_Witness 6m

Top 8 losses this season, all competitions: Man City 5, Arsenal 4, Man United 3, Chelsea 3, Liverpool 3, Spurs 3, Southampton 2, Everton 2.

Scum

Yep Iv'e been begging for this for weeks. Townsend has THE worst conversion rate in the league (2.2% FFS!) he cannot play as an inverted winger for Spurs when there's so little space about him. Lamela's shown he's got composure and the ability to play in the tight spaces, why we brought on Defoe today I do not know.

Also I was shocked at how easily Sandro took control of the game when he came on. AVB must know that Dembele-Paulinho just doesn't work by now and that Sandro has to play.

---------------- Soldado/Kane -----------------
Townsend ----- Eriksen ----- Lamela
------ Sandro --- Paulinho/Holtby

to this day i still have no idea how a tiny table made it out there :lol :lol

Oh shit! Just noticed that! :lol
Congrats on the win, btw. :p

Yeah Chiellino, Lichtsteiner and Caceres are out
Ouch. :-(

Arnie

Higauin needs to isolate himself with Ogbonna. He just rolled him before.

Surprised Rafa hasn't stuck someone on Pirlo.

Damn, that was close from Inisgne.

Lightning

Banned
I couldn't care less about RVP celebrating. what pisses me off is how his fitness has been basically perfect since he left Arsenal. just fucking fire the entire medical staff already.
It's only been just over a season since he left. And he was fine his last season with us as well.

We need not overreact to this loss. It's not that bad and one of the hardest fixtures of the year out of the way.

Showaddy

---------------- Soldado/Kane -----------------
Townsend ----- Eriksen ----- Lamela
------ Sandro --- Paulinho/Holtby

Yeah pretty much. This is another international break following a disappointing defeat this season, hopefully AVB sits down and realises what he's got to do.

Top Bottom