• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

Arnie

Tim Krul broke the record for most saves in a single Premier League match, with 14. I don't really think we could have done any more, we were always going to concede a goal with Friedel playing. By all accounts we had a shit first half but I can't really complain about a lack of response, we were battering them second half.

My biggest annoyance is that AVB got the team wrong, Eriksen did not deserve to start this match. It should have been Lamela or at worst Holtby, Eriksen has dropped off a cliff since we played Chelsea. He's trying too hard. Also if Sandro was fit then he should have started, we always need either him or Capoue playing.
Tim Krul is a red herring.

See through the smoke, Usho.

Your team is clank without end product. It's slow, uncreative, restricted, frightened almost. Most of your players are playing far below their best level. There's a drought in confidence. You have serious problems creating actual chances, despite what the BBC sports stats screen is having you believe. And Soldado is lost at sea in a dinghy.

Put the optimism to one side for a moment and see through the smoke.

bud23

Real Madrid should go for Rooney.

He's good enough. He's becoming available. He's a proven winner.

One call to his agent and it's done.

Rooney is an amazing talent, but no thanks. A guy like him would fail here. Many distractions, so many beautiful girls, an awesome weather, that delicious food, the sunny days would kill him, just look at his translucent skin; cancer. No thanks.

There is plenty of examples of British players failing to adapt outside of England. He would be just one more. Florentino knows.

Suarez is a different story and players like him deserve to play in the Champions. He already has lost many years at Liverpool.

But who cares? Football is dead anyway.

Missed almost the whole match, but apparently there was nothing worth watching anyway. Maybe we were just tired after playing against Dortmund. Congrats to United-Gaf I guess

And my weekend has been horrible, after those problems with my girlfriend my grandfather died yesterday.. And I was almost killed by an elk today when I was driving back to home, didn't saw it coming thanks to fucking snow and darkness.

Sorry to hear that.

Make a thread about the elk.

XI: Buffon, Barzagli, Bonucci, Ogbonna, Isla, Vidal, Pirlo, Pogba, Asamoah, Tevez, Llorente

Isla

3-5-2

0 points

LOOOOOOOOL

Believe

jIhYisoXAatNm.png

jtb

Banned
Why shouldn't he celebrate? And what difference does it make? I couldn't care less. He's a United player.

Just respond against Southampton and all is good. Players coming back so bench will strengthen and no top 6 team until mid December so get some results.

Yup, let him celebrate. Wenger's the one who sold him, I'll direct my frustration towards him instead.

Biggest positives are that we came through Liverpool, Dortmund & United only conceding once, from a set-piece. Our lack of pace was brutally exposed, but thankfully that's something we should be able to rectify within the week.

Vermaelen did pretty well too, has to be said. Glad we can rely on him to fill in.

Gonna go kick ball with some United fans. Should be fun.

Agreed. Vermaelen's best game in years. Probably since before his injury. Hope he can keep it up, we are absurdly light on defensive cover.

Scum

Tim Krul is a red herring.

See through the smoke, Usho.

Your team is clank without end product. It's slow, uncreative, restricted, frightened almost. Most of your players are playing far below their best level. There's a drought in confidence. You have serious problems creating actual chances, despite what the BBC sports stats screen is having you believe. And Soldado is lost at sea in a dinghy.

Put the optimism to one side for a moment and see through the smoke.

We won't have this problem if Brenton will just send Suarez our way. But seriously though, at this rate, I'll take Kane up top. :lol
I really wanted to see Soldado play on Thurs instead. Lamela must play regardless, I say.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
barcastuff ‏@barcastuff 2m
Barcelona line-up (official): Valdes - Alves Bartra Puyol Montoya - Xavi Song Cesc - Pedro Messi Neymar #fcblive

lets get those 3 points guys.

Yet its you guys who've had a shite start

pellegrini-adios.jpg

'I have a bridge to sell you'
Well, we have.

But at least we've played some genuinely tough games. Liverpool, Chelsea, City, Arsenal and even Saints is looking like a tough one this season. Still not an excuse for how poor we've been (reasons for that lie elsewhere).

But City are losing some easy games.

They play Spurs after the break I think. Big match.

Clegg

Bar a few excellent Sagna crosses we defended quite well.

I'm very pleased with that. We still need more cutting edge in attack, but that'll come eventually.

United Goal difference when Januzaj is on the pitch: +9

Total goals with Januzaj on the pitch: 13

Goals/min with Januzaj on the pitch: .028 or 2.49 goals per 90 min

United Goal difference without Januzaj on the pitch: +7

Total goals without Januzaj on the pitch: 18

Goals/min without Januzaj on the pitch: .016 or 1.44 goals per 90 min

We suck so bad relying on an 18 year old.

United Goal difference when Januzaj is on the pitch: +9

Total goals with Januzaj on the pitch: 13

Goals/min with Januzaj on the pitch: .028 or 2.49 goals per 90 min

United Goal difference without Januzaj on the pitch: +7

Total goals without Januzaj on the pitch: 18

Goals/min without Januzaj on the pitch: .016 or 1.44 goals per 90 min

We suck so bad relying on an 18 year old.
He's one of the best players in the world though.

Zabojnik

I don't want us to lose tonight, but we might. Isla, please, if you only have to play one good game for us, let it be this one.

Kassu

Banned
Oh, forgot Juve-Napoli. Will watch, I want to think about something else other than what has happened during this weekend for once. Juve you better win

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
so shitty the juve vs napoli match is at the same hour as betis vs barcelona. decisions. :(

Clegg

Wilshere put in another disappointing shift against us. Maybe I should account for his recent injury troubles, but I won't.

He's naff.

Top Bottom