• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

Elchele

bacon :lol

pogba-paul-player-discussion-juventuz-forums-page-127108.jpg

ok that's pretty good

Zabojnik

Juve won, United won (sorry, Arse-GAF :/), future Juve star and Balon D'or winner Berardi stopped Roma, Gabbiadini scored for Sampdoria. My life is complete.

Bacon you beauty!

cremino

Not convinced by the technical ability of a lot of these Napoli players. Also too many of them happy to leave their teammates stranded on the ball being closed down by Juve, and expecting them to find a pass from nothing

Their defence is shit and they don't have much depth in thier squad generally

Why? Because United and their ancient ways of giving out small contracts due to lack of experience and not talent.

I honestly think we would have lost Januzaj if we lowballed him like we did Pogba. Meanwhile Young is on 130k a week, Anderfat on 80k a week, Zaha on 35k a week, etc... Young players that are bought are given better contracts than youth players.

Hopefully they now realised that has to change. It had alot to do with Froggie and his principles which whilst well intentioned are just out of date in today's football.

We don't have any kids to give nice contracts to anymore anyway so yeah...we'll just have to wait.

K1LLER7

My thoughts on today's game:

Positives
- Rooney and RVP are starting to form a v.good partnership.
- Phil Jones has improved in midfield. Still prefer him at CB.
- Evans & Jones work good together.
- Shinji was decent defensively, looked better through the middle.
- Thanks for RVP, Arsenal.
- Phil Jones GOAT.

Negatives
- Carrick has been average this season.
- Smalling and Valencia weren't effective going forward.
- Evra was caught out of position at times in the 2nd half.
- Failed to create much through the wings.
- No Adnan (but expected)
- Cleverley....

cremino

The only bad things about the game was Ogbonna red card and the fact that we will probably play our next home match behind closed doors because of our fans chants

Fergie

Banned
Fucking hell Pogba.

Fellaini and Pogba midfield.

http://youtu.be/aXzcVKgxYMk
:lol

My thoughts on today's game:

Positives
- Rooney and RVP are starting to form a v.good partnership.
- Phil Jones has improved in midfield. Still prefer him at CB.
- Evans & Jones work good together.
- Shinji was decent defensively, looked better through the middle.
- Thanks for RVP, Arsenal.
- Phil Jones GOAT.

Negatives
- Carrick has been average this season.
- Smalling and Valencia weren't effective going forward.
- Evra was caught out of position at times in the 2nd half.
- Failed to create much through the wings.
- No Adnan (but expected)
- Cleverley....

Seriously impressed with Jones. Improving every day. Was great vs RM aswell.

Arnie

They're the first British club to ever win the Heineken Cup (Rugby's Champions League) and were a powerhouse in the early/ mid 90's. They're a very old club too, one of the oldest in existence I think. They've not really scaled the heights since the late 90's. Pretty middle of the pack since 2000. Francois Louw is probably the best they have atm. He has a fair amount of caps for South Africa, the second best side in the World. Decent player. Although, I don't really follow them that closely so they could have better players. But his name is the one that stands out on the team sheet.As for legends, Jeremy Guscott. He's one of the best England has ever produced.

The most iconic thing about them is their stadium, The Rec. Real old school ground. Brilliant atmosphere. Look up images of it. It's brill.

Thanks mate, this is really useful.

cremino

Pirlo left Milan because:

a) Galliani didn't want to pay his high wages anymore;
b) Allegri preferred Van Bommel to him;
c) And he wanted Pirlo to play on the wing

Wilbur

Banned
Firstly, let me say thanks to Pulga, who showed unflinching budo spirit in the face of utmost cuntery. Your efforts will not go unnoticed, and you will receive a medal of honour in the form of a stunningly powerful rim job that is guaranteed to make you shit spunk.

Next, let me give thanks to The Lord and saviour Jesus Christ, who have walked the path of the virtuous and deemed that path Sir Alex Ferguson Way.

Next, I praise my fellow United bros, who were resilient in fending off salt and bitterness, and who kept their faith when everyone else was cumming mad blood over Arsenal.

I then must give thanks to The Lord and saviour Moyeezus Christ, who has walked the path of the virtuous and deemed that path Sir David Moyes Boulevard.

Next, Mesut Ozil for playing like Shinji Kagawa. Thank you.

I then give thanks to Willkiller, who seemed to forget his no mark scrub club beat Spurs away today, and instead whined about Arsenal's squad deficiencies (despite it being of their own making), their tiredness because of European football (shouldn't be a factor if they had a squad, and them playing the right way (football is dead etc etc). Closet cunt, you still owe me twenty quid. Make the cheque payable to MUFC Anal Party, Nandos. Cheers m8.

But mostly, I must thank the Arsenal fans, who for the first time in years made me care about beating them. They had become a void of nothing. They had become meaningless. They had become Liverpool. Newcastle. Leeds. And they rose from the ashes to become the most premature uppity cunts in the history of uppity cunts. It was mesmerising to witness the audacity, the sheer incredulity.

Extinguished by the little boy who cried "MOYESSIAH"

Over and out.

Naughty God

Feels like it's been ages since we saw Januzaj play.

Won't play next time either cos Giggs gonna get to play vs Cardiff.

Not sure why he didn't get any playing time these last two games. He's been great every time he's played and the international break would have given him 2 weeks off. Even Gnabry got playing time today.

Oh baby, Arsenal vs Saints. Pool vs Everton. City vs Spurs.

We'll hit Cardiff for 5 and feast on the dropped points. We're on a charge.

K1LLER7

Not sure why he didn't get any playing time these last two games. He's been great every time he's played and the international break would have given him 2 weeks off. Even Gnabry got playing time today.
Moyes went for experience at the end with Giggs. It was the right choice.

Think he'll play vs Cardiff. Not vs Tottenham.

Top Bottom