• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Buffon's reaction to Pogba's goal

BYvjYfrCMAAv9ns.jpg

BYvjoLSIEAIRZYq.jpg
Night guys!

Moyes went for experience at the end with Giggs. It was the right choice.

Think he'll play vs Cardiff. Not vs Tottenham.

Not sure what Giggs did that Januzaj couldn't have done. Januzaj is better going forward, and has the legs to help out defensively. The end was also a bit of a scramble. We were hanging on to the win. It's not like the subs made any difference to how we were playing.

Wilbur

Banned
Wait hold on are all three of those fixtures in one game week?!

salivation
anal vibration
i want the world to know how happy i can be

Not sure why he didn't get any playing time these last two games. He's been great every time he's played and the international break would have given him 2 weeks off. Even Gnabry got playing time today.

Yeah I'm not sure. I have a feeling the plan was to play him today but Kagawa got the nod cos he did well at the end vs Sociedad - but that's based on nothing really.

It's cool though, it's good we're not overplaying him. Keep him hungry and fresh. He played a good few games consecutively and did well. All good stuff, little break and hopefully he's learnt alot and will get some more chances after the internationals.

Not sure what Giggs did that Januzaj couldn't have done. Januzaj is better going forward, and has the legs to help out defensively. The end was also a bit of a scramble. We were hanging on to the win. It's not like the subs made any difference to how we were playing.

I think you're being a bit unfair. Giggs has been playing in games like that for 20 years. It was tense and nervy. I'd rather have the experience than Januzaj who although mature, doensn't know his way round those matches yet.

Giggs did fine. We won.

Wilbur

Banned
Holy tuxedo that's a game week and a half.

False prophets Arsenal v the South Coast Dortmund

Big Sam v Medium Jose

Fake Jose predecessor v Lil Jose wannabe

Toffees v caramel apple bettys

Newcastle v Norwich (my mum is going and I was gonna go and be in Newcastle and was gonna try and hook up with my main tru don will but I can't get the day off work)

The bluebirds v the Red Pulsating ASSHOLES OF FEAR

Faux midlands derby

Hnnnnnghrhs

3Sixty

Feel Arsenal should be a good match up for them.

Yet is still fancy us to turn them over.

IS THIS HOW IT FEELS TO BE A BIG 4 FAN

I think you're being a bit unfair. Giggs has been playing in games like that for 20 years. It was tense and nervy. I'd rather have the experience than Januzaj who although mature, doensn't know his way round those matches yet.

Giggs did fine. We won.

I never said he did anything wrong. I just think Januzaj could have done the same job, however small a job that was. The end was all a scramble. A bit like the Liverpool game in the cup where Januzaj did fine.

Wilbur

Banned
Feel Arsenal should be a good match up for them.

Yet is still fancy us to turn them over.

IS THIS HOW IT FEELS TO BE A BIG 4 FAN

Until you have Willkiller crying into his Frimpong beanie that Wenger doesn't have enough squad stwength to challenge ur anti football

Then no.

K1LLER7

I would've liked to have seen Adnan today too. I guess the idea would have been to get Giggs on and help keep the ball, get a old head on the field. Didn't make much of a change though lol.

Clevs disappointed me today.

Fry

What was the score for Everton x Liverpool last season?

The only thing I remember was Suarez jumping in front of Moyeezus like a dead fish, a la Fifa.

Salazar

Would love it if we win the title this season.

Moyes Boys pls.

The shame-anger spirals from Arsenal-GAF, and perhaps also Lolerpool-GAF, would be sublime.

Arnie would struggle but eventually fail to put a civilised face on it. Hitcher would go for long walks.

Wilbur

Banned
The shame-anger spirals from Arsenal-GAF, and perhaps also Lolerpool-GAF, would be sublime.

Arnie would struggle but eventually fail to put a civilised face on it. Hitcher would go for long walks.

Unreal Champ. That's who I want to hear from. Can't remember a post from him that hasn't ripped United.

I want to hear his anus rip. I want it to tear.

Lightning

Banned
Lightning with the bantz so quickly after he was embarrassed. Bouncing back like a roided Ramsey <3
We didn't get embarrassed. We lost a football game at old Trafford while staying at the top of the table. It will take a lot more than a loss at ot to dent my enjoyment with how things are going.

Wilbur

Banned
We didn't get embarrassed. We lost a football game at old Trafford while staying at the top of the table. It will take a lot more than a loss at ot to dent my enjoyment with how things are going.

So embarrassed you can't admit it.

It's okay lightning. You can sob. We won't blame you. It'll hurt less when Adam Lallana outplays your midfield then if you get it all out now.

Smalling really isn't good enough to play for a club like Man United.
He's not a RB though.

At CB he's been poor at times too but he just isn't good enough on the ball to play full back. Simply shouldn't be out there.

Wasn't it 2-2? We went two nil up, though, IIRC.

That offside decision had me as angry as I'm ever likely to be over football. Wanted to kill something.
Ah you might be right.

You'll win at Anfield anyway. Should be a good match though. Lukaku.

Hixx

O'Neill: Paolo di Canio? That managerial charlatan? Paolo stepped in there and basically and, as weeks ran on, he ran out of excuses. I had a wry smile to myself.

OOOOOOOOF shots returned

Wilbur

Banned
Tad unfair on Smalling, he isn't a full back and is being asked to play there. Has no attacking thrust and pisses me off, but been mostly fine centrally. Was good from what I saw today.

Arnie knob off. Evans is a delight. A cunt. But a delight. Distribution's well underrated and all, good at bringing it out from the back.

Also the Merseyside derby is at Goodison

Lightning

Banned
So embarrassed you can't admit it.

It's okay lightning. You can sob. We won't blame you. It'll hurt less when Adam Lallana outplays your midfield then if you get it all out now.
Lol I will pay to see him try and enjoy the failure while we move on to Marsielle.

L1NETT

Just seen gravity IMAX 3D.

Holy mother of cum.

AHHHHHHH

Arnie come to brum and see it. Was a few seats free. And plenty for next week showings. One train from euston.

Wilbur

Banned
Half my family sat there in complete miserable silence as Django does laps of Distin.

Mirallas gonna have Cissokho for tea. Barkley gonna have Hendo for supper.

Lukaku won't be hungry because he'll have been on a quest to devour as much teenage Mersey punan as is physically possible. But he'll gobble poor Kolo up anyway.

Top Bottom