• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Can we legally ban Napoli's ultras from our stadium? Smoke bombs, urine balloons, throwing sharp objects on people, destroyed their (well, our) seats and ripped off a few pipes in the bathroom after flooding it completely. What is this, exactly? Chant all you want about anything but this is too far.

Hi Guys. Just had my account approved. Arsenal fan. Hope I don't bring down the discourse.
Welcome!
omg so is Demon's Souls (never got to play it)

So sorry you missed out on GOTG.

Boardwalk Empire is fucking boss. You just want the episodes to go on forever.
They do. zzzzzz

bjaelke

Next OT title right there.

26k6HfW.jpg

Arnie

Arnie, like this?

izAFTrCB3wPjj.png
i love you like a goober loves Kosovans
------------DeGOD
Raf----Jones----Evans--Baineses
------Carrick----Carvalho
------------Rooney
Adnan------RVP------Reus
That's actually pretty good, assuming this Penis fella is as good as you guys are trumpeting.

If he's like Mikel but with footballing ability then you're set.

Reus is filling that Ronaldo hole which evaporated years ago.

Until some Arnie clone in Singapore chokes to death trying to eat Mr Potato packaging and the class action suit bums our sponsorship outlook.
tumblr_mugabknMQ81rhvs6do1_250.gif

With "United target Reus swap" they man "United paying 40m + Kagawa", right? I'm also not sure where that buyout clause thing is coming from, because then we'd probably already have tried to get him.

Dortmund confirmed it yesterday.

Dortmund executive Hans-Joachim Watzke has acknowledged there is a clause in Reus' contract, with reports putting the figure in the region of €35million (£29.4m).

"Marco Reus possesses a release clause option in his current contract at our club," Watzke told SPORT1media. "He could leave our club due to that.

"He is, however, the only player in our first-team squad that has such a contract clause."

They want to give him a new one, will be interesting to see if he signs it. In a way I hope he does, as Dortmund fans deserve better than losing Gotze & Lewandowski to rivals, and maybe Gundogan & Hummels within the space of a year, never mind their local boy Reus.

But if he does become available I'm fairly confident in our chances of signing him, provided we make a good account of ourselves this season (progress, etc).

Apparently, Marina and Piersilvio Berlusconi (those two and Barbara are Berlusconi's daughters and son. The official ones, at least) are against firing Galliani, basically only Barbara seem to have a problem with him.
Can we legally ban Napoli's ultras from our stadium? Smoke bombs, urine balloons, throwing sharp objects on people, destroyed their (well, our) seats and ripped off a few pipes in the bathroom after flooding it completely. What is this, exactly? Chant all you want about anything but this is too far.
It's ridiculous, I have to get through countless checks before I can buy a ticket, not only with my bank but also with the stadium staff, yet these assholes can do whatever they want. Nobody want to do something to stop this, yet they complain how stadiums in Italy are half full at best and families are nowhere to be seen.

Dortmund confirmed it yesterday.

They want to give him a new one, will be interesting to see if he signs it. In a way I hope he does, as Dortmund fans deserve better than losing Gotze & Lewandowski to rivals, and maybe Gundogan & Hummels within the space of a year, never mind their local boy Reus.

But if he does become available I'm fairly confident in our chances of signing him, provided we make a good account of ourselves this season (progress, etc).
For what reason?

Sandro:

Quite. If only all our players had Sandro's attitude, we'd never lose a match. Paulinho, Eriksen and others still haven't shown enough desire, enough effort. They've had flashes but they have to get their heads right. We don't frighten teams at WHL these days.

It feels like you need to batter a couple of teams in quick succession for the goals to start flowing. When they're bad, Fulham are the worse team in the league, but it was nice to get back on the goalscoring horse after those knobends beat us :p

Genuinely think that's a foul

infamous-second-son_23jonl.jpg

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
It feels like you need to batter a couple of teams in quick succession for the goals to start flowing. When they're bad, Fulham are the worse team in the league, but it was nice to get back on the goalscoring horse after those knobends beat us :p

Yeah, a couple of big wins would get the confidence up, we can't win 1-0 forever. I think we can get a draw in the next game at City but only if Kaboul plays instead of Dawson, he's been rinsed by Aguero every time he's played him.

The Belgian physios are saying Kompany will be out for another three weeks so both him and Silva could miss the match. It gives us a chance.

Yeah, a couple of big wins would get the confidence up, we can't win 1-0 forever. I think we can get a draw in the next game at City but only if Kaboul plays instead of Dawson, he's been rinsed by Aguero every time he's played him.

The Belgian physics are saying Kimpsny will be out for another three weeks so both him and Silva could miss the match. It gives us a chance.

Is your match on a Monday? Feels like the kind of game that Sky would move to a Monday :(

If not, that could be a great weekend of football-watching, which will probably be ruined when Everton beat us.

Draw at City pls

bjaelke

Zlatan after winning his 7th consecutive Swedish poty award:
"There might be some, who are getting tired of me receiving this award - but I have a lot more I want to win, so see you next year!"
"What do you say after 8 awards? Can you also get a car? What about after 10 awards?"
KuGsj.gif

For what reason?

He's someone Arsene's made contact over for a few years now, and Reus is a known admirer of him and the club. Replacing Podolski with a winger who's good on the ball seems to be the agenda, and I think the prospect of playing alongside Ozil would be attractive to him.

As I said though, it also depends how this season pans out, we need to show we can actually mix it with England's/Europe's best and not get embarrassed. We have the quality to do that for the first time in a few years, so I think our chances are alot better than they would've been previously.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Zlatan after winning his 7th consecutive Swedish poty award:

KuGsj.gif

Ugh

Choosing between him or Cristina for WC2014 is the very definition of being between a rock and a hard place.

Or rather between Cristina's thighs and Zlatan's nose.

Zabojnik

They do. zzzzzz

Looks like this is where we part ways, then. I've had my suspicions, seeing how you're the only one that seems to have enjoyed Thor 2 and thought it was better than the original.

I don't completely disagree, actually. But this season has been fantastic so far and I love slow burning shows anyway.

Watzke also said that the release clause in Reus' contract was necessary, otherwise he would have signed for a club "down south" if you know what he means.

But we don't know if Reus even wants to leave Germany, so the clause might mean nothing at all. Unless Hoeneß (from prison at that point) decides to buy Reus because they failed at their first try, even if they don't need him.

Edit:
Watzke also said that we have a very good relationship with Real Madrid and some guys from Real instantly called Zorc and Watzke after Marca published the Gündogan story and assured us that the story is not true. To quote Watzke: "They might nonetheless be interested. But they don't talk to our players behind our back, unlike other clubs."

Dat BVB - Real partnership, next summer: Gündogan - Morata swap.

Blablurn

Watzke also said that the release clause in Reus' contract was necessary, otherwise he would have signed for a club "down south" if you know what he means.

But we don't know if Reus even wants to leave Germany, so the clause might mean nothing at all. Unless Hoeneß (from prison at that point) decides to buy Reus because they failed at their first try, even if they don't need him.

u r lucky that stupid nerlinger screwed that one up.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Looks like this is where we part ways, then. I've had my suspicions, seeing how you're the only one that seems to have enjoyed Thor 2 and thought it was better than the original.

I don't completely disagree, actually. But this season has been fantastic so far and I love slow burning shows anyway.

And Wilbur!

I walked into Thor 2 with comically low expectations, maybe it had something to do with that. :lol

Completing the pilot of Boardwalk Empire is on my bucket list now. I've tried and failed miserably THREE times. I KNOW it's good, but this is like OddMorsel's eternal struggle with The Witcher 2.

K1LLER7

------- De Gea ------

Rafael - Jones - Evans - LB

---- Carvalho - Fellani ------

Januzaj -- Rooney -- Reus

---------- RVP ---------

United treble winners 2014/15

Moyes pls.

Zabojnik

Completing the pilot of Boardwalk Empire is on my bucket list now. I've tried and failed miserably THREE times.

I can relate. It took me a while to get into it and get interested in some of the characters. Steve Buscemi's isn't one of them, sadly. It's not one of my all-time favourite shows, but I've been really, really enjoying this season. Even at its worst though, it's still quality TV and the production values are amazing. Worth watching for that alone. That, and Van Alden, of course.

Top Bottom