• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

bjaelke

Raphael Honigstein @honigstein
Worth re-iterating today that Reus' release clause only kicks in summer 2015.

also worth re-iterating that Reus' release clause has been common knowledge in Germany for over a year now. (1)

CEO Watzke didn't "reveal" it, he talked about it in reference to Reus being the only player left with a release clause in the squad. (2)

Dortmund were forced to put in the clause when he signed in 2012. won't happen going forward because of stronger financials (3)

Elchele

Watzke also said that the release clause in Reus' contract was necessary, otherwise he would have signed for a club "down south" if you know what he means.

But we don't know if Reus even wants to leave Germany, so the clause might mean nothing at all. Unless Hoeneß (from prison at that point) decides to buy Reus because they failed at their first try, even if they don't need him.

Edit:
Watzke also said that we have a very good relationship with Real Madrid and some guys from Real instantly called Zorc and Watzke after Marca published the Gündogan story and assured us that the story is not true. To quote Watzke: "They might nonetheless be interested. But they don't talk to our players behind our back, unlike other clubs."

Dat BVB - Real partnership, next summer: Gündogan - Morata swap.

So basically you're Real Madrid's Genoa.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I can't feel bad for BVB.

release clauses are like skimpy clothes. Don't fucking complain when they hit on you baby, you asked for it.

Looks like we'll give Manuel Friedrich a trial today. He's out of contract and could be our Subotic replacement. Or more like emergency bench player.

Well, seems like Sarr and Günter aren't really ready yet. But it wouldn't make sense to have them on the bench for the rest of the season and hardly getting play time either. So maybe it's just that and they might nonetheless get a chance if Hummels/Sokratis is injured/suspended.

I can't feel bad for BVB.

release clauses are like skimpy clothes. Don't fucking complain when they hit on you baby, you asked for it.

Well, it was Reus for at least 3 seasons or no Reus. I also understand Reus asking for one, we had only won the Bundesliga once back then and nobody was sure if we could keep it up.

Zabojnik

So basically you're Real Madrid's Genoa.

"Ehiiii, don't compare us to those no good, kraut eating, sausage penetration loving Germans. We're trying to run a proper criminal organization here."

preziosi_ansa.jpg

Salvadora

The Borussia Dortmund situation (and their success) makes me wonder if Arsenal had been successful, would the players have stayed.

Probably not, cash money innit.

GorillaJu

Dat versatile gif

What's the story behind it again? There's Walcott's name on the link!

There was a fan interview session where he got together with a bunch of fan sites and journalists and had a chat. It was more casual, I can't remember what it was in reference to (I think a young player, maybe Allen or Suso), but the other gif where he gawks was him explaining the 1 and 2 vs. 2 and 1 midfield system, where 1 midfielder can get isolated and have to cover for 3 counter attacking players.

Carbonox

The Amazon Playstation Network Store.

Please come to UK.

We'll probably have to wait a year or never. Amazon UK is horseshit when it comes to giving the UK the same benefits as its American counterpart. All the deals and shit they get over there makes me wanna nail my balls to a pavement in Russia....oh wait

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
In 2007 The Daily Mail tried to predict England's 2014 World Cup starting XI:

BY3Yhl4CcAAB0S1.jpg

There was a fan interview session where he got together with a bunch of fan sites and journalists and had a chat. It was more casual, I can't remember what it was in reference to (I think a young player, maybe Allen or Suso), but the other gif where he gawks was him explaining the 1 and 2 vs. 2 and 1 midfield system, where 1 midfielder can get isolated and have to cover for 3 counter attacking players.

That's very cool! I wish we could do something like this! I have so many questions for Conte, mainly involving his relationship with Padoin Kenobi.

GorillaJu

In 2007 The Daily Mail tried to predict England's 2014 World Cup starting XI:

BY3Yhl4CcAAB0S1.jpg

That's very cool! I have so many questions for Conte, mainly involving his relationship with Padoin Kenobi.

I had to google to make certain there isn't actually a player named Padoin Kenobi :lol

Are you sure that's for WC2014 not like 2022?

Clegg

Has United misread another possible transfer scenario? Can't wait for Woodward's urgent transfer business in January.

Hixx

Chloë Grace Moretz ‏@ChloeGMoretz 2m
Gonna be 7-8 weeks of sadness without @TeamMessi #BarcelonaFC pic.twitter.com/hACFNTyLQ2

wtf

Barca have infiltrated Hollywood

Barcawood

Hollylona

its not fair

Yen

Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC
RT @DavidhBrown Glenn Mulcaire's notebook shows password for Wayne Rooney's mobile was "Stella Artois" #hacking

Hixx

Who were the fattest footballers whilst still playing? I remember Tomas Brolin always looking fat.

Southall at... Bradford?

Andy Reid was a reet little chubby sod when he was at SAFC.

That Dead Rising 3 article by Digital Foundry... those screencaps, maaaan. Next-gen, bruvs.

Top Bottom