• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

Dibbz

When asked who he thought was best:

Arsenal FC ✔ @Arsenal
Arsène says: "It's difficult, Messi was on top until now but in the last year maybe Ronaldo is in front, he is very athletic" #AskArsene

He is very athletic.

Does..does this mean Wenger would like Cristiano to be his little boy?

No secret that Ronaldo was upset when Ozil left and Revisita La Liga on Sky say that Benz only plays because Ronaldo likes him. Once Arsenal get Benz it's only a matter of time. wengersellsgervinhomasterplan.pdf

It blows my mind how HIMYM is still going

None of them are any good at comedic acting (especially Jason Segel and Alyson Hannigan) and none of them have any charisma, and there's no chemistry or rapport between them.

The script is shite as well

pulga

Banned
Speaking to French publication France Football, Mourinho said: “There is no other player more professional. Being at a club with Cristiano Ronaldo is the best thing to have happened to me."

First Arsene..now Mou..what's..what's happening GAF?

Someone hold me

He said that Messi is perfect technically but Ronaldo has a bigger athletic dimension, and the formers recent injury problems has shown that Ronaldo's physical attributes might win it in the long run.

There's only so far hormones/blood spinning can take you.

It blows my mind that HIMYM is still going, and even that it lasted beyond 6 episodes

None of them are any good at comedic acting (especially Jason Segel and Alyson Hannigan) and none of them have any charisma, and there's no chemistry or rapport between them.

Linius

It blows my mind how HIMYM is still going

The chemistry (and especially Barney) is what made roughly the first four seasons a great sitcom. Then it got boring and shittier each season passing. I stopped watching after the fifth season.

wedward

Arsene was asked on that ask Arsene vid where he thinks Jack Wilshere's best position is. He said "certainly in the future it will be a deep lying midfielder in front of the defense where he can be a distributor. He can win the ball, intelligent tactically and has a good burst. He is better when he faces the game and not with his back to the goal."

I always figured the future midfield would be Ramsey and Wilshere with Ramsey being the deeper of the two. While Wilshere isn't scoring like Ramsey currently is I think technically he is better in the box. And with Ramsey's improved tackling and work-rate I think he is a good fit for Arteta's position with Jack more of a box to box mid.

This is all assuming Arsenal decide to play a mid of Wilshere and Ramsey.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
The picture of Terry Butcher on the BBC right now is incredible.

_71070914_8980765.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24917107

wedward

After this game we've got at least 5 'easy' games coming up whilst arsenal, utd and Liverpool play each other so it would be a great time to take over the lead and run away with it.
Just need to avoid defeat with this game.

Why are you concerned with our game? We're not your rivals. Liverpool and spurs are your fourth place rivals. And possibly utd too

I joined so I could quote these. When is he coming back?

Carbonox

It blows my mind that HIMYM is still going, and even that it lasted beyond 6 episodes

The guy who plays Ted is the fucking worst. I cannot tolerate him.

L1NETT

Aitor Karanka going to Boro?

Hmm interesting, hope it works out. Their squad is weak, imo, and I reckon mid table will be the best they can hope for.

Will be interesting to see what style he makes them play and who he brings in with a couple of transfer windows under his belt.

LTWheels

Just a shame visuals alone constitute fack all to a game's longevity.

The gunplay looks basement tier.

And I've fucking ordered it.

Launch title cycle. In a month or so when the graphics have warn off, we will look back on how shit the gameplay of the launch titles are.

jtb

Banned
Arsene was asked on that ask Arsene vid where he thinks Jack Wilshere's best position is. He said "certainly in the future it will be a deep lying midfielder in front of the defense where he can be a distributor. He can win the ball, intelligent tactically and has a good burst. He is better when he faces the game and not with his back to the goal."

I always figured the future midfield would be Ramsey and Wilshere with Ramsey being the deeper of the two. While Wilshere isn't scoring like Ramsey currently is I think technically he is better in the box. And with Ramsey's improved tackling and work-rate I think he is a good fit for Arteta's position with Jack more of a box to box mid.

This is all assuming Arsenal decide to play a mid of Wilshere and Ramsey.

I agree Ramsey/Wilshere is the future. they're both physical enough that, if coached properly (big, big if), they could (in theory) cover for one another while offering a lot going forward and be a pretty formidable midfield. (another huge caveat: Jack's got to stay fit)

Though I see Ramsey as more the box to box, with Wilshere sitting a bit deeper, recycling possession, setting the tempo, etc. Same idea though.

I'm just glad we're not really relying on him right now. He's not in our best lineup right now and that's fine by me. A lot has changed since that Barcelona game and at least Wenger realizes it too (he seems to have abandoned the idea of playing him as a 10). If we can get Jack firing on all cylinders again, it'll be a great bonus. But it can only be that—a bonus.

Clegg

Not only did he think they would go top, but they would 'run away with it'

I don't see anyone running away with anything this season.
City would probably walk the league if they sorted out their away form. But they've had the same problems for a few seasons now. It's probably not going to sort itself out in the middle of the season.

wedward

I agree Ramsey/Wilshere is the future. they're both physical enough that, if coached properly (big, big if), they could (in theory) cover for one another while offering a lot going forward and be a pretty formidable midfield. (another huge caveat: Jack's got to stay fit)

Though I see Ramsey as more the box to box, with Wilshere sitting a bit deeper, recycling possession, setting the tempo, etc. Same idea though.

I'm just glad we're not really relying on him right now. He's not in our best lineup right now and that's fine by me. A lot has changed since that Barcelona game and at least Wenger realizes it too (he seems to have abandoned the idea of playing him as a 10). If we can get Jack firing on all cylinders again, it'll be a great bonus. But it can only be that—a bonus.

Right, I hope that Wenger now realizes you can't count on players who are consistently injured. It's beyond irritating when he even mentions Diaby. Diaby should not even be thought of as a member of the squad. Just a player who could potentially play a couple games for us.

It isn't at that point with Wilshere, but i think Jack needs consistent playing time, the same way Ramsey did. The big difference is the past two seasons we needed Ramsey to play because we were short in the midfield. Now we aren't.

Arnie

Launch title cycle. In a month or so when the graphics have warn off, we will look back on how shit the gameplay of the launch titles are.

Hopefully I'll have a steady stream of post-release Battlefield content to keep me looking forwards. I love Killzone's atmosphere, but it just looks bang average to play. Which is a shame.

Salvadora

Right, I hope that Wenger now realizes you can't count on players who are consistently injured. It's beyond irritating when he even mentions Diaby. Diaby should not even be thought of as a member of the squad. Just a player who could potentially play a couple games for us.

It isn't at that point with Wilshere, but i think Jack needs consistent playing time, the same way Ramsey did. The big difference is the past two seasons we needed Ramsey to play because we were short in the midfield. Now we aren't.
It will be a massive aid to Jacky's continued recovery that he isn't being relied upon, overplayed, or generally forced to overexert himself for the sake of the team.

I'm still not sure that Wenger understands rotation. It sometimes looks like "play until injured" is the policy at Arsenal.

wedward

City would probably walk the league if they sorted out their away form. But they've had the same problems for a few seasons now. It's probably not going to sort itself out in the middle of the season.

Definitely the strongest squad. Pellegrini doesnt seem to have the personality to handle a squad like that though. City seem like a perfect team for Mourhino.

Lightning

Banned
Based on every that Wenger has been saying I'm convinced that Wilshere is Wenger's ideal replacement when Arteta can't play anymore. At the moment Jack should play but not every week for 90 minutes and not on the wing.

Arteta already struggles to play every game so there will be plenty of opportunities there.

Elchele

Pulga, the Messi hate is getting pretty boring. We all know he's kind of a cunt nowdays, still the best player in the world.

Entienda por favor.

arkon

They hate him because they are jealous of his skills. It's all being secretly orchestrated by Ronaldo anyway. Proper cloak and dagger stuff.

pulga

Banned
Pulga, the Messi hate is getting pretty boring. We all know he's kind of a cunt nowdays, still the best player in the world.

Entienda por favor.

who's hating, im just sharing a pro messi pic, if anything

vete a dormir, estas ebrio

Speaking to French publication France Football, Mourinho said: “There is no other player more professional. Being at a club with Cristiano Ronaldo is the best thing to have happened to me."

First Arsene..now Mou..what's..what's happening GAF?

Someone hold me

There's only so far hormones/blood spinning can take you.

Latest Messi fb post:
IR7z3Jw.png

Me, me, me, oh poor me im injured horse semen pls help

Latest Cristiano fb post:
ZB7wY86.png

Legend.

fuck off im bored

1460090_642216885837230_701800817_n.jpg

NO HE NEVER

iXhJXGySg4lRk.gif

Who's with me??

wedward

It will be a massive aid to Jacky's continued recovery that he isn't being relied upon, overplayed, or generally forced to overexert himself for the sake of the team.

I'm still not sure that Wenger understands rotation. It sometimes looks like "play until injured" is the policy at Arsenal.

Wilshere seems to be the first player in a long time that Wenger has been perhaps overly cautious with(a good thing).

Previously an inflamed ankle would not be enough to keep Wenger from playing them.

Carbonox

Random question seeing as I don't really understand how PS+ works where PS3 + PS4 are concerned:

If I buy a PS+ year subscription now on my PS3, will it be included on the PS4 when I get that? Basically, when I get my PS4 and log in, will it acknowledge my existing PS3 PS+ subscription? It's universal essentially?

K1LLER7

Random question seeing as I don't really understand how PS+ works where PS3 + PS4 are concerned:

If I buy a PS+ year subscription now on my PS3, will it be included on the PS4 when I get that? Basically, when I get my PS4 and log in, will it acknowledge my existing PS3 PS+ subscription? It's universal essentially?
Isn't the PS+ linked with the PSN account? So If you use the same PSN account for both consoles, it should carry over.

Carbonox

Isn't the PS+ linked with the PSN account? So If you use the same PSN account for both consoles, it should carry over.

That's what I figured. Just wanted to be sure - even if it's a daft question - as I've never really read up on it before (and never used PS+ before).

I'll definitely need it to play online on PS4 but was wondering if I should just go ahead and purchase the subscription now for my PS3 so it's out the way.

Edit: Oh the PS Content Manager for SCEE spells it out as much in one of his comments in the latest PS+ content blog: http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013...-november-metal-gear-rising-remember-me-more/

Good news is that with the impeding launch of PS4, the great news for PS Plus members is that existing membership automatically covers PS4 as well as PS3 and PS Vita, so watch this space!”

Its universal. If you're already subbed though, I don;t think you'll be able to change your username between PS3 and 4, unless there's a sub-account loophole

-SD- is chatting some right shite in the Killzone launch trailer thread

@above comment, I'd wait unless you're interested in the current PS3 free games/discounts

Top Bottom