• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

Fergie

Banned
@SkySportsNews: Fulham appoint Rene Meulensteen as head coach #SSN

RPBLckD.jpg

Wilbur

Banned
Hmm. Jol must have approved this otherwise he's fucking dumb as if he thinks this is anything but his replacement.

Always thought Rene would take a lower league job first, in the Champo maybe. There'll be a bit of pressure on him if he does get the top job (although head coach implies that anyway right?) to get Fulham away from the bottom.

Hixx

Don't quote me on this, but if killzone gets a 7 or lower I am predicting uncharted 3 levels of meltdown.

Anywho, football is alive this weekend, I demand you all go and watch some lower league football.

Those direct feed screens in the review thread, though.

So good.

Slizz

Equal parts PS4 and Xbone commercials here, however the PS4 ones started first.

The Stevie G one gets played the most. It's slightly annoying.

Wilbur

Banned
Still don't give a fuck about Knack but seeing a 1.5 and a bunch of shitty scores made me want to lol in FF's face.

Killzone getting 7/8s as well? Pretty good scores. Shame games journalism is what it is and that's akin to getting bummed in the MOUTH

Wouldn't get a PS4 myself just yet.

Wilbur

Banned

Carbonox

Knack has looked like dog shit since the start. Why anyone is surprised by its bad reviews baffles me.

Killzone is getting decent reviews. Expected. Game looks great to me so I'm sure I will have a lot of fun.

Some seemingly legitimate complaints - be interesting to see for myself. GG is an odd developer.

Edit: Polygon is a rabies pit. Saddening people continue to link to them/speak about them. Everything they do is just so they get the hits and yet there is Gaming GAF continuing to take everything they say as gospel.

Linius

I know I will be jelly when I see other guys with their shiny new hardware. But on the other hand, the games on it are nothing special. Don't feel like I miss out on anything by waiting a year.

Wilbur

Banned
Why would I give a crap about these "professional" review scores. "No online! No explosions or guns. 2.3 out of 10."

Day one yo.

Don't think they're giving it poor scores because of lack if explosions baby

Probably just because it looked shit and turned out shit

Carbonox

Looks like Resogun is getting great reviews though.

Funny, bet GG and whatever preschool dev team that made Knack are pissed they're getting shown up by PSN game devs. Devs whose game is even free at launch. :lol

Lunchbox

Banned
Still don't give a fuck about Knack but seeing a 1.5 and a bunch of shitty scores made me want to lol in FF's face.

Killzone getting 7/8s as well? Pretty good scores. Shame games journalism is what it is and that's akin to getting bummed in the MOUTH

willbury I ordered 2, one to keep and one to sell

buy mine, help me :(

FootballFan

Don't think they're giving it poor scores because of lack if explosions baby

Probably just because it looked shit and turned out shit

Sucks to hear reviews are that important to you.

Boring as fuck shooter killzone gets 9s lol. Guns and explosions baby.

Wes

venison crêpe
Rene to Fulham as Coach? Maybe they're going to stick with Jol for the season, if they get relegated dump him and promote Rene?

I rather like this move.

Carbonox

Expect the internet to explode when Polygon gives Ryse a higher score than Killzone Shadow Fall.

No GAF for a year cos of the fallout.

Dean is gonna get one and you're gonna go to his room and play, you hear me?

Good

Everyone else (even those with middling reviews) - 'Pleasantly surprised by the series' new direction'

Polygon - 'No evolution lolololololol'

Shysters

Wilbur

Banned
Killzone only cost 30m? That's pretty cheap for a game like that right?

willbury I ordered 2, one to keep and one to sell

buy mine, help me :(

get out of my head you conjurer

Sucks to hear reviews are that important to you.

Boring as fuck shooter killzone gets 9s lol. Guns and explosions baby.

Music and film reviews don't matter to me at all, and for games I think look good they generally don't either. But because games are a far more active pastime than passive ones like watching a film or listening to music, and because it costs quadruple the price of those things, I can understand trepidation in buying anything day one that gets under an 8/10, because for that price you'd want to be paying for something worthwhile.

I think the reaction to scores like Killzone getting 7 - a good score for sure, and it certainly means the game is worth playing if not day one - than the scores themselves. But when there's universal low scores across the board, as opposed to a smattering, then generally that's pretty accurate.

There's exceptions I guess, but far more so in things like movies and music. Gaming actively relies on you to control this and do this and do that, and when that feels off it's far easier to tell than a shitty movie or a shitty album in my opinion. So the scores are probably relatively justified.

Linius

It's kinda weird that I'm not hyped for a new console at all at the moment. This is actually the first time I experience the switch to a new generation while also being capable of buying it on launchday but it's really doesn't do much to me at the moment. Hopefully some good games will come in the fall season next year.

Meier

Do you have to be signed in or internet enabled whenever you play it, or can you just download it once from a Brazilian IP and then just play offline, do you know?

I honestly have no clue. I assume it's just to activate it on Steam and then there won't be repeated checks but I have no clue how any of this stuff works. I'd never done this sort of thing so Bacon offered to buy it for me if I sent him the cash via Paypal to reimburse him and of course I got screwed my first time trying it, lol.

From nuveem? Worked for me without vpns or anything. :/

Yeah mine wouldn't let me activate it when I tried. He contacted their CS and they apparently won't budge on giving a replacement "rest of world" key or a refund or anything despite the preorder happening before they apparently changed their stance to Brazil only keys.

Wilbur

Banned
The Wolverine was passable. Still meh, but not as offensively bad as the first one. Next up, 2 Guns.

That's Denzel and Marky mark right? That was pretty fun. Nothing special but it was an enjoyable two hours. Dat PAULA PATTON THO

Rene to Fulham as Coach? Maybe they're going to stick with Jol for the season, if they get relegated dump him and promote Rene?

I rather like this move.

Lot of talk about Rene being a top coach but not a top manager.

Top Bottom