• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
De Laurentiis "In January we're going to spend 50 million"

Rafa spending 140 million in his debut season

dat economical gap

Arnie

Sportbild: Diego Costa is the #1 candidate to replace Lewandowski in Dortmund.
:lol

A) Dortmund are the new Spurs when it comes to fiddling with our targets.

And

B) there goes Dortmund's family friendly image.

Let's see how classy the club looks when their figurehead is lobbing goz across the land.

Point A does reassure me about Liverpool's direction, though.

Manager

dat economical gap

Why do Italian owners go out with such statements so often? Is it to get good PR, politics?

Wouldn't it just harm you in negotiations, or possibly bite you in the ass afterwards á la Woodward/United?

Elchele

:lol

A) Dortmund are the new Spurs when it comes to fiddling with our targets.

And

B) there goes Dortmund's family friendly image.

Let's see how classy the club looks when their figurehead is lobbing goz across the land.

Point A does reassure me about Liverpool's direction, though.

What? :lol
If anything Bayern has the family friendly image, with the lack of crazy ultras and such. That's why Dortmund fans make fun of Bayern fans/ultras. Have you met Grosskreutz?

Zabojnik

dat economical gap

Dat De Laurentiis' scudetto obsession. This is why I'd rather see Roma win it. They're trying too hard.

Now let me light the LeleSocho signal.

delaurentiispiss.gif

I would have no problem with this.

Well, yeah, but you're a horse, so ...

Wilbur

Banned
Arnie did you see my post regarding In The Loop? On iPlayer for the next few days.

Re: Young. Please go and die somewhere in a dirty Turkish hostel

Re: Costa to Dortmund. Don't see it myself, I don't have any reason to believe he'll be leaving Atletico unless it's for one of the extraordinarily rich clubs (see Chelsea, Monaco, et al). There was a mini interview with him in this month's FourFourTwo where he just seemed to revere Simeone, said he absolutely wasn't interested in moving to Liverpool. And fair enough when Atletico are doing as well as they are.

Everyone seen Gerrard and Walker are out for Chile?

And Boro have confirmed Karanka. Needless to say we'll probably get Clarke Carlisle and Sol talking about another club that passed over a black manager, and you'll get a few who talk about the fact they've deviated from a British manager for the first time. Karanka seems a good coach though, so good luck to him.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Alessandro Matri has made only 4 shots on target in this Serie A campaign so far, scoring just 1 goal for AC Milan

tumblr_mw3yazlPZo1s6hgjio4_250.gif

Secret agent Matri in full force

Why do Italian owners go out with such statements so often? Is it to get good PR, politics?

Wouldn't it just harm you in negotiations, or possibly bite you in the ass afterwards á la Woodward/United?

To calm the fans down, maybe.

Marotta used to mention our possible targets to the media, which is just as bad.

"Aguero and Higuain? That's the profile we're looking for"

*signs Bendtner*

Is there any real chance of Costa going to Liverpool?

I'd be very surprised.

No chance whatsoever, unless we go straight in with an offer of like £170k pw. Or finish convincingly in the top 3. Only way we could definitely convince him would be to win the title, as he'd probably stay at Atletico even if we did finish top 4

LTWheels

I'm sure there's a FIFA directive that says the Euros and World Cup have to be shown on free-to-air channels. They'll probably get out of it by saying the BBC and ITV aren't technically free-to-air either, but still

Looking into it, it's actually a UK legislation and that Fifa have been trying to repeatedly get it repealed. Greedy Cunts.

Supposedly BT would have to show game on free to air, but from what I've read it's not clear if that means all the game or only some of them...

Looking into it, it's actually a UK legislation and that Fifa have been trying to repeatedly get it repealed. Greedy Cunts.

Supposedly BT would have to show game on free to air, but from what I've read it's not clear if that means all the game or only some of them...

Wouldn't mind if it was shared between BBC and BTFree

Sky are the only ones who have their shit sorted atm with football coverage, as simplistic as their pundits often are, and as barebones as their non-English/Spanish coverage is. All of them could do with a kick up the arse

L1NETT

Don't quote me on this, but if killzone gets a 7 or lower I am predicting uncharted 3 levels of meltdown.

Anywho, football is alive this weekend, I demand you all go and watch some lower league football.

Linius

Meh, our NT is playing Colombia and Japan so that will be fun. And maybe I'll watch Ibra slaying Ronaldo.

I wish Andres would be here for the Colombia game.

Wilbur

Banned
Don't quote me on this, but if killzone gets a 7 or lower I am predicting uncharted 3 levels of meltdown.

Anywho, football is alive this weekend, I demand you all go and watch some lower league football.

I got work Sunday when your games on :/

Meh, our NT is playing Colombia and Japan so that will be fun. And maybe I'll watch Ibra slaying Ronaldo.

I wish Andres would be here for the Colombia game.

I miss Andees. And bud. I hope bud was only frontin

I'm expecting 6s, 7s and 8s across the board pretty much. Polygon will give it a 4, the contrarian bastards :p

GorillaJu

I don't think Killzone will score poorly. Journalists are aware of the hype around release of consoles and they'll want to support it, not kill it.

Top Bottom