• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

Yes. We'll find out in the next couple of weeks.
This could turn out to be another RROD scenario, or just a few isolated defective units.

I just can't see it. Surely the RROD would have scared Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft equally to the point they'd rather invest more in testing etc than losing millions in repairs.

3Sixty

jbiIftJ6CV4ZCa.png

Always rated Berahino.

Fuck Zaha though, maybe the worst performance I've ever seen.

Arnie

Nah lol I'm not nuts.

-2 asian handicap.

If it finished 2-0 my stake would have been returned but won at 3-0.

You're bending the contours of my brain here three60.

Got my new contract from work. Rifling through now. Scary shit.

This is like signing for Fulham.

Do i even wanna do it ?

Kenka

Oh, I agree, Switzerland are a bit underrated. Could cause trouble for many traditional powers.

As for the groups, it works like this:

Seeded pot: Brazil, Argentina, Spain, Germany, Colombia, Uruguay, Belgium, Switzerland

CONCACAF/Asia pot: US, Mexico, Honduras, Costa Rica, Japan, Korea, Australia, Iran

European pot: Italy, Netherlands, Russia, England, Bosnia, playoff winners

CONMEBOL/AFRICA pot: Chile, Ecuador, 5 African teams

Special pot: lowest rated European team, drawn in such a way as to avoid groups having 3 European teams. This happened in 2006 if anybody remembers with Serbia,

I didn't know anything of this sort ! I naively pictured the draw as something similar to WC 94 where teams were sorted in 4 pots, end of the story.

OK, so I would go for :

Switzerland
Australia
Bosnia
Ghana

A well-balanced and attractive group.

K1LLER7

You're bending the contours of my brain here three60.

Got my new contract from work. Rifling through now. Scary shit.

This is like signing for Fulham.

Do i even wanna do it ?
Congrats? Lol

You'll sign for Fulham just to be next to Berbatov.

Watching 'Under The Dome'. Pretty sure this bald guy was in Breaking Bad.

I didn't know anything of this sort ! I naively pictured the draw as something similar to WC 94 where teams were sorted in 4 pots, end of the story.

OK, so I would go for :

Switzerland
Australia
Bosnia
Ghana

A well-balanced and attractive group.

Lol, I think everybody in that group would be happy with that draw. Unlike, say, this group:

Brazil
Netherlands
France
Chile

Meier

http://static.gamespot.com/uploads/original/253/2533664/2376216-iyj0ejfddruqy.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

That's pretty obnoxious but oh well. It's not like I'm pressing on the corner of it.. ever.

[quote="Wilbur, post: 89871035"]He's a lovely little player. Hopefully he continues getting gametime, so Meier's wish for him to go to City should be fucking shot down[/QUOTE]

*shakes fist at Wilbur* He shall be mine!

Elchele

Oh, I agree, Switzerland are a bit underrated. Could cause trouble for many traditional powers.

As for the groups, it works like this:

Seeded pot: Brazil, Argentina, Spain, Germany, Colombia, Uruguay, Belgium, Switzerland

CONCACAF/Asia pot: US, Mexico, Honduras, Costa Rica, Japan, Korea, Australia, Iran

European pot: Italy, Netherlands, Russia, England, Bosnia, playoff winners

CONMEBOL/AFRICA pot: Chile, Ecuador, 5 African teams

Special pot: lowest rated European team, drawn in such a way as to avoid groups having 3 European teams. This happened in 2006 if anybody remembers with Serbia,

:lol

Spain
Honduras
Sweden
African team

it's happening

Just read that Criscito will be in the starting lineup for Italy tomorrow. Good for him, first those silly match-fixing accusations caused him to miss Euros and then he missed so much time with injuries.

Zabojnik

Just read that Criscito will be in the starting lineup for Italy tomorrow. Good for him, first those silly match-fixing accusations caused him to miss Euros and then he missed so much time with injuries.

Looking forward to seeing how much he's improved by training in the unforgiving siberian cold with wolves.

Arnie

Apparently Titanfall and its sequels are now Xbox One exclusive.

Shame because it looks really, really, really fun.

Not going to be one of those goobers who goes 'baha looks shit anyway I'd rather play Killzone' like the kid who didn't get invited to the birthday party.

cremino

Italy U21 won 3-0 against North Ireland U21. We could have easily won 7-8 if we hadn't missed all those chances. North Ireland had a chance but Gray missed a sitter literally alone a couple of yards from the net

Clegg

Shame because it looks really, really, really fun.

Not going to be one of those goobers who goes 'baha looks shit anyway I'd rather play Killzone' like the kid who didn't get invited to the birthday party.

I don't think such a kid would exist anywhere.

Wilbur

Banned
Looking at some graduate scheme applications, gonna be a tedious process :(

Wilbs, get me a job at Nando's!

please no, you wouldn't like it.

I haven't a fuck what to do with when I graduate (if I graduate); was thinking of asking about the marketing side of Nandos anyway for a bit if nothing was coming up, asking how to move sideways into the corporate part of it

Also attending a primary PGCE open day at my uni at the start of December

Apparently Titanfall and its sequels are now Xbox One exclusive.

From a polygon livestream

"We know what Microsoft's got coming out. They've already shown some of it, they've talked about it and they've already put Titanfall with a giant pin on the map. In order to hammer that Titanfall "1" was always going to be an Xbox/PC exclusive. In order to really hammer that in, they've bought the rights to the whole series."

"Oh, ok"

"Oh, oh they did"

"It it it's not just the first..."

"Titanfall 2 will never... They bought Titanfall"

"Uh.... Probably a good business move for them"

"Probably a good buy. Dump truck of money."

eh, doubt it, if they really somehow got that info they would put that up as some breaking news lol

Edit : and for confirmation

l7PnDmL.png

It's only a few weeks ago he sounded bitter about it not coming to all platforms, not sure why he would have suddenly sold it to MS then. Just Polygon being fucking clueless as always, they're the fucking talkshite of gaming.

Clegg

From a polygon livestream

eh, doubt it, if they really somehow got that info they would put that up as some breaking news lol

Edit : and for confirmation

l7PnDmL.png

It's only a few weeks ago he sounded bitter about it not coming to all platforms, not sure why he would have suddenly sold it to MS then. Just Polygon being fucking clueless as always, they're the fucking talkshite of gaming.
Fair enough then.

I'm now interested in where Polygon got their info.

Arnie

I haven't a fuck what to do with when I graduate (if I graduate); was thinking of asking about the marketing side of Nandos anyway for a bit if nothing was coming up, asking how to move sideways into the corporate part of it

I don't know what the fuck I really want to do, and I'm working 9am until 6/7pm until I realise.

The problem is the longer I stay and work my arse off in PR, and get significantly better at it, the more it feels like I have to keep doing it.

Which is probably nonsense. I'm only 21. But still, I'm kind of in a career now and moving sideways is scary.

It is.

I've the final interview for PwC tomorrow with a senior partner, really hoping i don't fuck it up.
Good luck mate.

You'll be on Chad Warden money if that comes off.

Wilbur

Banned
I don't know what the fuck I really want to do, and I'm working 9am until 6/7pm until I realise.

The problem is the longer I stay and work my arse off in PR, and get significantly better at it, the more it feels like I have to keep doing it.

Which is probably nonsense. I'm only 21. But still, I'm kind of in a career now and moving sideways is scary.

Think you know you're talking a little silly anyway. You keep earning until you have a semblance of an idea what you want to do, and then you go for that. If you don't really know what you want to do, then the alternative is doing something and getting fucking guacamole in your pocket, which is what you're doing.

I wouldn't fret Arnie baby

K1LLER7

Attened a microsoft talk last week. Was pretty good. Found out they make you go through a skype interview. Going to another presentation on Monday.

I'm looking for a marketing or business related job too. Applied to a couple of places. Had 2 phone interviews so far and 3 online tests. Juggling uni assignments and job applications taking up most of my time nowadays.

Going through Sky's application process at the moment.

Fair enough then.

I'm now interested in where Polygon got their info.

Chris Grant on twitter:
Apparently not - I thought it was the future franchise, not the future installments of the first one. Sorry! Corrected on air

So... "I didn't really bother to read this shit, so I just made dumb claims on air and then pretended to know better than the people questioning it".

Top Bottom