• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

Carbonox

so like

does poirot die or get the girl in the end or whats the deal with that nuisance after all these fucking years poisoning the itv channels and making my nan ignore me while she'd watch it

Zabojnik

John Charles. Absolute legend.

1960-Il-trio-delle-meraviglie-composto-da-Charles-Sivori-e-Boniperti.jpg

Charles, Sivori, Boniperti. Nnnnnngh.

Fergie

Banned
so like

does poirot die or get the girl in the end or whats the deal with that nuisance after all these fucking years poisoning the itv channels and making my nan ignore me while she'd watch it
Got on with Angela Lansbury and employs the Charlie's angles.

Wilbur

Banned
Godspeed, Wilbz. What year are you in?

2016/17.

Started as Ireland manager and took them to the QFs of the World Cup.

Took over as Wednesday manager in October 2014 when Dave Jones left for Watford, was predicted 15th and won the Championship.

Predicted 19th in the PL and ended up finishing fourth after spending only 12m on the entire side.

Then took Ireland to the QFs of the 2016 Euros and seventh in the world before resigning in order to focus fully on dat CL.

I have Ryan Giggs, Nicky Butt, Patrick Vieira, Robbie Savage and Andrea Pirlo on my coaching team, and Steve Kean is my assistant manager.

cremino

Another voice on Galliani's future. He will enter politics with Berlusconi's party LOL....The only certain thing at this point is that he will leave Milan....Maybe

Scum

2016/17.

Started as Ireland manager and took them to the QFs of the World Cup.

Took over as Wednesday manager in October 2014 when Dave Jones left for Watford, was predicted 15th and won the Championship.

Predicted 19th in the PL and ended up finishing fourth after spending only 12m on the entire side.

Then took Ireland to the QFs of the 2016 Euros and seventh in the world before resigning in order to focus fully on dat CL.

I have Ryan Giggs, Nicky Butt, Patrick Vieira, Robbie Savage and Andrea Pirlo on my coaching team, and Steve Kean is my assistant manager.

GOAT! Sheff Wed vs R. Madrid. :O

bjaelke

I almost woke up early to catch the PS4 livestream. That would've been a mistake.

Letsnotgothere: if I was moyes id pay Dortmund £200m + give them nani, young, cleverley, evans and id get hummels gundogan, reus , lewandowksi of them
Twitch chat + FIFA 14 PS4 = gold mine. Someone even suggested that managers don't matter.

What a pile of shite that was

Sony's wheels are falling off, had to do much more than that to get me hyped for TLoU DLC and Uncharted 4. Destiny still looks immense though.

sohois

Fuuuuuck, PS4 problems have me worried.

Remember that there is little rational basis for having any concerns at this point; your fears are based on availability. The current base rates for failure appear to be less than 0.5%, which as was mentioned is the standard failure rate for new tech products.

GorillaJu

Launch units in any generation have a pretty high susceptibility to bugs. I expect the PS4 will be getting fixed up and that the Xbone will have a similarly torrid beginning.

dc89

Do not fear about the PS4 my brothers. Reading the thread, the biggest piece of advice I can give is do not use the bundled HDMI as it's bending the pins in the unit.

And a lot of the problems seem to be TV related.

---

Qc7iCpc.jpg

Poor dude - his PS4 is on a train that got derailed.
Nintendo's hype train never derails.

dc89

wat

dc pls

Kotaku's Ps4 which was deemed 'bricked' had a bent HDMI pin.

If you watch the video above, editor-in-chief at Kotaku, Stephen Totilo, goes on record as saying that the issue they encountered with the PS4 wasn't that bad. Why? Because turns out it was just a bent pin in the HDMI port.

According to Totilo, Sony mentioned that after they straightened out the pin and plugged in the HDMI cable, the PS4 unit that was once labeled as defective was brought back to life, working fine and fiery like Perez Hilton rolling out gossip columns after gulping down a red candy apple frappuccino. Because that's how the PS4 rolls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbJfqGbQYXQ#t=370

rvy

Banned
OK.

Do I need to buy Monster HDMI cables then? I mean, I wasn't expecting to pay 1,300€ for a PS4 and a cable, but whatever.

dc89

OK.

Do I need to buy Monster HDMI cables then? I mean, I wasn't expecting to pay 1,300€ for a PS4 and a cable, but whatever.

No :lol - I'm going to use one of my other cables. Wait... I have a Nintendo branded HDMI cable that came with my Wii U. Well that's me sorted.

---

Ibra to TV4 "We deserve to go to the World Cup more"

My thinking exactly

If failure rates are unacceptable in the US, they'll jusyt delay it for the rest of the world. No chance they can fix it in the two week interim

Sometimes I think about the World Cup 2014&18 bidding process, and it pisses me off all over again. I hope to Coutinho that Blatter's skeletons come out of his closet before he dies.

@above, unless its the cable's pins that are pushing the system's pins to bend. My PS2 came wth SCART block where about 3 of the pins weren't bent to shit

Top Bottom