• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

Other than the HDMI issue there was a bunch of people complaining about their PS4 dying while download patches

dc get to the bottom of it pls

If failure rates are unacceptable in the US, they'll jusyt delay it for the rest of the world. No chance they can fix it in the two week interim

Sometimes I think about the World Cup 2014&18 bidding process, and it pisses me off all over again. I hope to Coutinho that Blatter's skeletons come out of his closet before he dies.

@above, unless its the cable's pins that are pushing the system's pins to bend. My PS2 came wth SCART block where about 3 of the pins weren't bent to shit

huh, okay makes sense

hopefully it's clearer which faulty cables are pushing the pins then

Milchjon

Are fans hating on Germany's 2014 jersey?

Because I think it's fucking hot and it's the first time in a decade that I've considered buying one.

rvy

Banned
Fuck this, I'm buying a WiiU.

Nintendo Master Race assemble.

E3_Hideki-Kamiya-&-Bayonetta.jpg

Zabojnik

simone pepe ‏@pepigno727m
Se tutto procede così giovedì prossimo dovrei essere con la squadra!!!

Do we dare to hope? SP7 should be back in training with the lads next week. Another setback / injury would be devastating.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Pretty much. Whatever, let's just hope his problems are over. I hope so, but if they aren't ... I'm sorry, but there's the door.

Think we'll get Nainggolan and Menez in January?

Hopefully not!

I'm waiting for this gem.

I don't know if Nainggolan would accept a bench role, he was bitching about being ignored by Belgium last week. He's excellent, though.

Bonaventura could arrive at Juventus in exchange for half of Immobile in January [Tutto Atalanta]

I'd trade half of Immobile for a bag of chips.

dc89

At the back of the PS4 not the bundled HDMI cable.

It's a faulty unit, not a faulty cable.

I've read that people think it's the cheap ass cable that's causing the pins to bend. Where people have took care putting a cable in there has been no output issue.

If it's a shitty manufactured cable which is a bit rough round the edges... all it takes is for it to snap one of those pins and it's bust.

Do it. You won't find better games anywhere else this winter.

This is actually true. Dat 3D World looks so good.

Zabojnik

Hopefully not!

I'm waiting for this gem.

Just remember ... I used to promote Berardi before it was cool. :p

I don't know if Nainggolan would accept a bench role, he was bitching about being ignored by Belgium last week. He's excellent, though.

I'd trade half of Immobile for a bag of chips.

Wouldn't we all, lol. I rate Nainggolan, but do we really have to spend 18M+ on another midfielder? I was hoping we'd see Asamoah return to his natural role next season, but now, with Conte talking about how "difficult" it would be to convert him back ... I'm not so sure. I really wish we'd stop spending tens of millions on "good" players and just blow all our budget on a single star player.

rvy

Banned
For real?

Yes, you crazy warmonger. Why would anyone pass up the chance to play Nintendo developed games and then some TW101 and Bayo2.

What is wrong with you, Bla? You've changed.

Do it. You won't find better games anywhere else this winter.

Sure looks it, but I'm also fairly sure that Killzone Shadowfall is a much better game than it's being reviewed as.

Uncharted is gonna be boring as fuck though. They should put it on hiatus. Might get a PS4 in the spring for Groung Zeroes, KZ and inFamous.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I can't wait for Iceland - Croatia tonight.

Gylfi is going to smite Modric and teach the cunt a lesson.

Gambit

I can't wait for Zelda. Year of the 3DS

Neither can I. Actually, I just finally finished Skyward Sword in anticipation.

Sure looks it, but I'm also fairly sure that Killzone Shadowfall is a much better game than it's being reviewed as.

Uncharted is gonna be boring as fuck though. They should put it on hiatus. Might get a PS4 in the spring for Groung Zeroes, KZ and inFamous.

Yea, eventually I'll go 4 U as well. But the launch games leave me cold, Uncharted does indeed look very boring. And again the director of part 3? spare me.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Just remember ... I used to promote Berardi before it was cool. :p

Wouldn't we all, lol. I rate Nainggolan, but do we really have to spend 18M+ on another midfielder? I was hoping we'd see Asamoah return to his natural role next season, but now, with Conte talking about how "difficult" it would be to convert him back ... I'm not so sure. I really wish we'd stop spending tens of millions on "good" players and just blow all our budget on a single star player.

Officially referred to as The Marry Dilemma now.

18m for a few games per season is Secco levels of stupid.

Forget about AsaCM we killed his CM career a long time ago.. :(

rvy

Banned
Yea, eventually I'll go 4 U as well. But the launch games leave me cold, Uncharted does indeed look very boring. And again the director of part 3? spare me.
If you like NBA, 2k14 looks like GOTY to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yxea7YHbns&hd=1

The attention to detail is beyond ridiculous, they even got cutscenes for your interactions with your agent, the owner of the team, your team mates, whatever.
I'd buy a PS4 just for it, but I ain't about to be a guinea pig. I've had 5 PS2s brick on me and 2 Xbox 360's. Fuck that.

Linius

If you think about it, it's actually kind of silly these consoles will sell pretty high numbers at launch. There are not really games that justify a purchase and the first batch is always shit and comes with unwanted surprises. It would be funny if gamers collectively waited to buy a new console, but then the first batch would be around longer :p

Arnie

If you think about it, it's actually kind of silly these consoles will sell pretty high numbers at launch. There are not really games that justify a purchase and the first batch is always shit and comes with unwanted surprises. It would be funny if gamers collectively waited to buy a new console, but then the first batch would be around longer :p
I'm buying it because I've worked my arse off for months and feel like I deserve the treat. Plus I've not had a games console in my house since June.

I'll happily buy Battlefield, Killzone, FIFA and AC and just bask in gaming heaven.

That, to me, is worth it.

Oh and Resogun looks fun as fuck. And I've never played Flower.

rvy

Banned
Glad I'm not the only one who enjoys Chris Smoove :D

I only enjoy his 2k stuff though. I mean, I don't wanna listen to SlpaaaaAAAaaaaaaaaaAAAAAsh when he kills some dude. Or about fast breaks when he's playing FIFA.

Fast breaks.

Really.

It's not a fast break, it's a counter-attack.

LTWheels

Looking at the gaming side, it sounds like it's been quite easy to get a ps4 without a pre-order. A mixture of good supply and probably the fact that 95% of people interested in purchasing day 1 all ready pre-ordered. No Wii or PS2 level of craze this time.

Linius

I'm buying it because I've worked my arse off for months and feel like I deserve the treat. Plus I've not had a games console in my house since June.

I'll happily buy Battlefield, Killzone, FIFA and AC and just bask in gaming heaven.

That, to me, is worth it.

Oh and Resogun looks fun as fuck. And I've never played Flower.

If you don't have a console I absolutely understand you'd buy it.

Have to admit btw that if I were rich and didn't have to go trough any trouble to get one I'd probably buy it too just for the heck of it. But since I'm not I'll rather spend my money wisely now and wait for some good games :p

Zabojnik

GorillaJu

Looking at the gaming side, it sounds like it's been quite easy to get a ps4 without a pre-order. A mixture of good supply and probably the fact that 95% of people interested in purchasing day 1 all ready pre-ordered. No Wii or PS2 level of craze this time.

Awesome. I cancelled my preorder due to financial difficulties but regretted it immediately. Will order one soon hopefully!

Oxx

I didn't even notice Zelda 3ds looking like poop while I was playing it, because it was so fast and smooth.

But it's not exactly Wind Waker in the looks department.

Linius

I just played it at an event last week.

Had fun with it despite having to sit awkwardly on a bean-bag.

Haha, HQs in the tech business always have this habit of weird modern interior design with colorful lamps and bean-bags :p

I was at the Vodafone HQ in Amsterdam and their offices looked so slick. Everything was designed so the employees would feel free and got the space to think the guy said. It was basically one open space with all sorts of weird furniture and an amazing view from the top floor.

Top Bottom