• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

I remembers Rooney's first goal for Everton against Arselol. Also when John O'Shea scored against Lolerpool. My two favourite goals I remember vividly are by Ruud, one where he gets the ball on the half way line and runs past three Fulham defenders and scores. The other where he chests it, twists his body extremely quickly and volleys it into the top corner

bjaelke

JV5sFoQ.jpg

Wilbur

Banned
Vieira got shown up for the fucking pussy he was that day. Keane going HAM on him. Pre-god Ronnie scoring twice. Arsenal lol lol lol

always in our shadow #pleaseunderstand

Vieira's a fucking mug. Always makes me laugh when City wheel him out like "City legend"

Salvadora

Vieira got shown up for the fucking pussy he was that day. Keane going HAM on him. Pre-god Ronnie scoring twice. Arsenal lol lol lol

Vieira's a fucking mug. Always makes me laugh when City wheel him out like "City legend"
uck my ick

kharma45

What on gods earth

The goal that sticks out in my mind was the John O'Shea chip over Almunia at Highbury in that 4-2 win. That game was amazing and that was the fucking cherry.

The best bit is O'Shea looks fucking lost when he gets the ball and when he pulls off that chip he looks fucking stunned like it was all some sort of dream :lol

Wilbur

Banned
The best bit is O'Shea looks fucking lost when he gets the ball and when he pulls off that chip he looks fucking stunned like it was all some sort of dream :lol

I know hahahaha it was like an eleven year old scoring the same goal at Sunday and running off towards his mummy

Gonna go watch highlights of that game again. One of my favourite ever.

dc89

http://i.imgur.com/JV5sFoQ.jpg[/img[/QUOTE]

Shrunken Footy is great.

[quote="Wilbur, post: 89956595"]Vieira got shown up for the fucking pussy he was that day. Keane going HAM on him. Pre-god Ronnie scoring twice. Arsenal lol lol lol

Vieira's a fucking mug. Always makes me laugh when City wheel him out like "City legend"[/QUOTE]

City legend. EDS Coach. <3

Wilbur

Banned
Is this confirmed?

@Alfremartinezz: sedes finales Champions League : Da luz 2014, Olímpico Berlín 2015 y hoy oficial san Siro 2016

Also I have to get round to some blog stuff. AA sent me something lovely. I'll review England tomorrow

edit o it is

If you think about it, it's actually kind of silly these consoles will sell pretty high numbers at launch. There are not really games that justify a purchase and the first batch is always shit and comes with unwanted surprises. It would be funny if gamers collectively waited to buy a new console, but then the first batch would be around longer :p

I think a lot of people, myself included to an extent, buy at launch as a group insurance policy. Bad console sales at launch because of a bad launch lineup will kill a console before it gets a chance to gain any momentum. Also, the console won't be any cheaper by the time the big-hitters start arriving, though I guess that's kind of negated by the hardware kinks that could be fixed between now and then.

Really though, its a new console. We haven't had one for about 6 and a half years

Why would you even make such pics with your mother?
C4bKcA7.jpg

Lasogga pls

Raylan Bendtner pls

Linius

I think a lot of people, myself included to an extent, buy at launch as a group insurance policy. Bad console sales at launch because of a bad launch lineup will kill a console before it gets a chance to gain any momentum. Also, the console won't be any cheaper by the time the big-hitters start arriving, though I guess that's kind of negated by the hardware kinks that could be fixed between now and then.

Really though, its a new console. We haven't had one for about 6 and a half years

Holy shit, his face does look like Raylan :lol

And Sony and MS won't die if you don't buy their console at launch :p

But yeah, mainly the technical aspect combined with the fact there are no games yet. I hope to get a good deal in the summer. A package with a good game maybe. Or a free controller, stuff like that.

Holy shit, his face does look like Raylan :lol

And Sony and MS won't die if you don't buy their console at launch :p

But yeah, mainly the technical aspect combined with the fact there are no games yet. I hope to get a good deal in the summer. A package with a good game maybe. Or a free controller, stuff like that.

Sony turned around a poor PS3 launch, but bollocks to taking that chance again :p

Like football, momentum is everything. A good launch makes future third party support more likely. Luckily for PS4 and Xbox One, they're close enough in power to make it so that if one succeeds, the other probably will as well since there'll be so many multiplatform games even if one has a really disappointing launch.

@people talking about the WiiU's brilliant holiday lineup, what does it have aside from 3D World? Bayonetta 2?

Linius

Sony turned around a poor PS3 launch, but bollocks to taking that chance again :p

Like football, momentum is everything. A good launch makes future third party support more likely. Luckily for PS4 and Xbox One, they're close enough in power to make it so that if one succeeds, the other probably will as well since there'll be so many multiplatform games even if one has a really disappointing launch.

@people talking about the WiiU's brilliant holiday lineup, what does it have aside from 3D World? Bayonetta 2?

Yeah, Xbox One and PS4 will both do well enough. I don't see one of them fail big time. And the Wii U has it's own dedicated audience of people who will always buy their Ninty games. The only hardware really suffering are Sony's handhelds.

Wilbur

Banned
Zlatan:

the World Cup needs Zlatan more than Ronaldo. I respect Cristiano as a player, no question he is one of the best.

But the excitement I can bring to the game and the goals I can score - nobody can rival me for that. Fans want to see me there above anybody.

Wilbur

Banned
About to see the Counsellor, lads. Seen it described as this year's Killing Them Softly, so it must be TOP

Swedish team as a whole seems quite a bit better and more entertaining anyway.

They're both shit teams :lol. Portugal literally have two class players including Moutinho.

Agree with him tbh

Ronaldo running at a defender and twatting it low into the bottom corner from 15 yards, or Ibra kung-fu kicking it into the top corner? I know which one I prefer :p

Ronaldo continuing to score and play well against the best, or Ibra scoring four in a group game against Burkina Faso then doing fuck all against a good side?

Actually

Ibra please

About to see the Counsellor, lads. Seen it described as this year's Killing Them Softly, so it must be TOP

They're both shit teams :lol. Portugal literally have two class players including Moutinho.

Ronaldo continuing to score and play well against the best, or Ibra scoring four in a group game against Burkina Faso then doing fuck all against a good side?

Actually

Ibra please

Has Ronaldo ever played well and scored against the best in an international tournament? Ibra hasn't iirc, but I don;t think that's a fair thing to level at one but not the other. I think Ronaldo lets the pressure of carrying Portugal get to him too much when he's on the pitch for them

Elchele

Actually

Ibra please

Both teams are very likely to lose in the first match in knockout stage. Sweden is at least fun to watch, specially because of Zlatan. Portugal is always disappointing and boring, just Cristina with his typical crying

Wilbur

Banned
Has Ronaldo ever played well and scored against the best in an international tournament? Ibra hasn't iirc, but I don;t think that's a fair thing to level at one but not the other

Not even talking about internationally. Ronaldo got shot down for not performing in big games time after time before scoring against Barca a million times in a row. Ibra, as fantastic as he is, scored a few against shit teams like Anderlecht and England, and Wenger says he's the best in the world :lol

Got a point tho

Whoever wins

We win

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
But let's forget about these overrated cunts for a second

I want another Portugal vs(?) Netherlands.
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

0.jpg

and a Lambda poem, surely.

Not even talking about internationally. Ronaldo got shot down for not performing in big games time after time before scoring against Barca a million times in a row. Ibra, as fantastic as he is, scored a few against shit teams like Anderlecht and England, and Wenger says he's the best in the world :lol

Got a point tho

Whoever wins

We win

Ah right, can't disagree on a club level. Ibra's getting better though at making an impact in those matches

@Yurt, legendary :D

2 reds each and a fucktonne of bookings was it? Van Bronckhorst and Deco sitting next to eachother laughing about it :p

Top Bottom