• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

The007JiM

Hi FootballGAF! :D

Waiting in my office for England-Chile. I'm thinking in order some pizza...
I'm from Chile and my grandmother was from Liverpool.

L1NETT

"Iain Dowie in pole spot for Palace Job"

david-mitchell-laugh-o.gif

Welcome Welcome Welcome.

Bienvendia Bienvenida Bienvenida

Do you support Liverpool?

Sure I do. No one who is playing at a pro level stops developing at a very young age. When Messi was 18-19 and starting to shine, it was obvious to see that he was better than contemporaries who were older and scoring a comparable number of goals. If a player is notably younger and performing at a similar level, they're better than the older guy who has leveled out. Plain and simple.

FYtDcNy.gif

Liverpool fan?

Clegg

I'd say six are brilliant myself, one is very good and one is okay. But even allowing for yours, six of his eight films are at least good and Scott > ? Please CLEFF.

Cameron's a dildo. Two great films. One very good one. A bunch of pretty documentaries that don't amount to much. One atrocity comparable to war crimes and treason.
It also helps that Tarantino hasn't made that many movies. Keeps the quality of his films high.

The Cameron love on GAF is what perplexes me. He hasn't done anything that good on quite a while now, but every movie is greeted as as a return the form when they're just mediocre.

wedward

Sure I do. No one who is playing at a pro level stops developing at a very young age. When Messi was 18-19 and starting to shine, it was obvious to see that he was better than contemporaries who were older and scoring a comparable number of goals. If a player is notably younger and performing at a similar level, they're better than the older guy who has leveled out. Plain and simple.

No. Not really. At that moment they are not better. Do they have the potential to be better, sure. Is it more impressive because of their age, maybe? If they are playing at a similar level I don't know how you can say one is better than the other. There is also a good chance Bale will never be as good as Ronaldo.

kmax

Both team have started off great.

Portugal will be the ball dominating team, but Sweden will go hard on the counters. An away goal would be lethal, so Sweden are going to try to squeeze in a goal. I'm sure Portugal's scoring on their home turf.

Good game so far.

Lightning

Banned
By the way, fuck you Löw for playing Lahm as a midfielder. You're not Pep Guardiola and this is not Bayern.

Edit:
Also why is he playing Khedira? He doesn't fit the system/style at all.
I don't understand playing Lahm as a midfielder when you have midfielders as talented as Germany with enough depth to field 2 teams at international level.

Meier

No. Not really. At that moment they are not better. Do they have the potential to be better, sure. Is it more impressive because of their age, maybe? If they are playing at a similar level I don't know how you can say one is better than the other. There is also a good chance Bale will never be as good as Ronaldo.

I disagree since I think he's only just behind him now and should easily continue to improve, but I never said he was better than Ronaldo anyway. I did say he was playing better though which was high praise since it's not like Ronaldo had a poor season last year by any means.

That being said, if Bale was scoring 40 goals at his age and Ronaldo was scoring 40 at his age, I'd say that Bale was better than him every day of the week.

Wilbur

Banned
If Bale has a career half as good as Ronaldo's, I'll suck the dick of any welsh posters we have

Fraser Forster looks like an anthropomorphic Chunky Kong

I disagree since I think he's only just behind him now and should easily continue to improve, but I never said he was better than Ronaldo anyway. I did say he was playing better though which was high praise since it's not like Ronaldo had a poor season last year by any means.

That being said, if Bale was scoring 40 goals at his age and Ronaldo was scoring 40 at his age, I'd say that Bale was better than him every day of the week.

Can't say I agree, at all

Clegg

But Bale wasn't better than Ronaldo last season.

He's still not anywhere near as good as him either. One day maybe, but not right now.

Top Bottom