• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

Meier

I agree this game looks (and will be) awesome, but nope at that statement :p

What game looks better? I don't know of one. Every gif of Mario 3D World is flat out stunning. :O The Last Of Us has some gorgeous vistas and I was super impressed, but I wasn't awed by any of it.

For me personally, The Wind Waker has held the crown for about 10 years due to its gorgeous art style.

dat meier hyperbole rearing its head again

"Aguero's scored from the halfway line!"
"Messi only scores tap ins"

I love you man :lol :lol :lol

Hey baby.

Tips:

1. Say fuck Bayern at every opportunity
2. Say fuck Inter at every opportunity
3. Italy > Germany, please remember
4. Hit FootballFan or Hitcher.

Was it Meier who made an argument to the effect of 'Bale is better than Ronaldo because he's younger'?

If so, Meier is inching towards Kermit status :p

Re: number 4, you come at the King, you best not miss

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
hitcher, you're a disgrace. what is your beef with tuna, bruh?!

scum, i will follow your instructions.
I love and ate tuna so much that I actually developed an allergy for it a while back.

WHAT NOW BUD?

err.. Germany.

Why hello there Germany

This is Italia speaking

6fLmIrj.gif

FootballFan

Schwein gehabt, Özil doesn't start against Italy. He probably will be subbed in, but at least no 90 minutes.

Löw is trying some weird shit with Lahm as a midfielder, one has to admit Philipp is capable of doing well in every position. But I hope this just a one time experiment in case somebody (Schweinsteiger/Khedira) drops dead during the world cup and we need a plan b.

It's dat Pep Guardiola effect. Every coach tries to be him. Tries.

That's pretty damn cheap. How come?

They weren't selling so Dicksmith decided to get rid of all their stock, so from $550NZ they dropped the price to $150 lol.

Sold out almost instantly, managed to barely get one for myself.

Even though I didn't like the games it had, I knew they'd come so it was just an investment of sorts lol.

Blablurn

It's dat Pep Guardiola effect. Every coach tries to be him. Tries.

They weren't selling so Dicksmith decided to get rid of all their stock, so from $550NZ they dropped the price to $150 lol.

Even though I didn't like the games it had, I knew they'd come so it was just an investment of sorts lol.

but there is only one pep <3

Wilbur

Banned
Pineapple is wrong, but no fish on a pizza?

Plebs.

Ts7NhWA.jpg

Makes me want to shit in fury. Look at that. Revolting. Why can't people just eat pepperoni like the fat cunts we are

Was it Meier who made an argument to the effect of 'Bale is better than Ronaldo because he's younger'?

Re: number 4, you come at the King, you best not miss

"Hitcher comin, yo!"

Think it was something along those lines. I remember dying of laughter.

Dunno if you saw on twitter, but that goal Aguero scored at Stamford bridge a few weeks back, Meier claimed it was at least 35 yards out hahaha

I'm fully in love with him, he makes me laugh so much. We have such decent City bros. Almost makes me feel bad about wanting to see them burn in hell.

Koko

Banned
Remy's been in real good form to be fair. Valbuena hasn't performed for Marseille recently, I was reading today?

Yeah Remy has been better but I still see him more as striker and I'm not sure if playing with two strikers its the best option.

Gorlak

Banned
Just saw the Germany starting eleven. Choke on a dick please, Löw.

Löw hätte nach der versauten EM abtreten sollen. Das ganze Turnier hat er vollkommen in den Sand gesetzt, mit diesem riesen Angebot an Talenten und Stars muss ein Titel kommen. 2012 war eindeutig Löw der Schuldige =/

Meier

dat meier hyperbole rearing its head again

"Aguero's scored from the halfway line!"
"Messi only scores tap ins"

I love you man :lol :lol :lol

It's how I do. ;) I didn't say that about Messi though! *shakes fist*

I said Bale was playing as well as Ronnie was at the time when he was just curling off jawdropping goals left and right earlier this year. Absolutely still stand by that. Bale was absolutely untouchable.

And yes, age does factor into whether one player is better than another. If you're 20 and doing the same thing as someone who is 28, you're a better than they are.

Linius

What game looks better? I don't know of one. Every gif of Mario 3D World is flat out stunning. :O The Last Of Us has some gorgeous vistas and I was super impressed, but I wasn't awed by any of it.

For me personally, The Wind Waker has held the crown for about 10 years due to its gorgeous art style.

The Last of Us to me. Not so much for views or stuff. But the animations of the characters pared with the voice acting make it something special. It's the most close I've ever come to a cinematic experience while still playing a game.

You're lucky dude. And obviously the Wii U is a good investment if you like Ninty's games. I was just never interested in the Wii because I hated the motion controls stuff. But now they're back to regular controllers and even HD I know I will want a Wii U at some point to play some Mario goodness.

Wilbur

Banned
bruno alves is such a shit player. do the portuguese really not have a better central defender somewhere?

Knack/Chronicle/Myst/
Ricardo Carvalho? please

I think I'm gonna stay here for a couple of hours.

Bring it on Portugal!

Welcome baby! New blood.

Hopefully we can pick up some WC stragglers next year that all want to cum at the altar of Moyeezus.

bud

I love and ate tuna so much that I actually developed an allergy for it a while back.

WHAT NOW BUD?
[/IMG]

goddammit, i missed your post!

i genuinely feel sorry for you, yurt. sometimes i fear the same thing might happen to me with milk, the world's greatest drink. becoming lactose intolerant would actually make me cry.

wedward

And yes, age does factor into whether one player is better than another. If you're 20 and doing the same thing as someone who is 28, you're a better than they are.

What? How does that make any sense? Maybe their ceiling is higher or they would be worth more or one is more impressive, but that doesn't mean one is better than the other.

Meier

Better? I do not think that word means what you think it means.

Sure I do. No one who is playing at a pro level stops developing at a very young age. When Messi was 18-19 and starting to shine, it was obvious to see that he was better than contemporaries who were older and scoring a comparable number of goals. If a player is notably younger and performing at a similar level, they're better than the older guy who has leveled out. Plain and simple.

Top Bottom