• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

arkon

That's different. In a wc setting big teams will be much more ruthless. See Spain. They are shit in friendlies but on the big stage they have been great (bar the confed final but even then Brazil were ruthless)

They might or they might not. Italy didn't make it out of their group in 2010 and neither did France. Spain made hard work of their group too. Brazil haven't had a great time in the past two world cups.

On paper, yeah, the defence might get mullered. It doesn't always work like that though. It's like the knobjockeys on radio talking up Arsenal's chances before the United game: "Their midfield is far superior to United's therefore they are going to dominate and come away with a convincing win".

FootballFan

From the Knack thread

I just ended a session at chapter 4 on hard mode and so far I'm loving this game. I really can't see how this game could be considered a three or four out of ten. I'm actually enjoying Knack more than Killzone or Resogun.

Haha I love big Knack's swagger.

Only on Chapter 1-2 but I'm loving what I've played so far.

Just got the game, so far its been great! I just don't understand what reviewers were expecting this to be. Well too early to give a definite opinion but I like it so far.

Edit: I'm also enjoing this more than KZ and Resogun... And CoD and Battlefield...

The more I play, the less I understand how this game reviewed so poorly. It's really fun.

I think I'm going to make note of those reviewers who gave Knack a positive review, because, at least in this case, their taste seems to match mine.

Just as I expected innit.

faridmon

I was ready to mouth off Danmark until I saw Englands result.

We aren't that bad... actually we are worse, but tonight, we were OK.

FootballFan

Your delusional Knack hype post killed the thread. Congrats.

image.php

from the "your favourite ps4 launch titles" thread:

Only played Knack and Killzone, but Knack is fun and Killzone is boring.

Knack is the game I can't pull myself away from to play my other PS4 games. Loving it!

Knack. It's a 90's-era 3D action adventure/platformer littered with old-game ideas. Slippery floor tiles, bridges that collapse as you cross, gusts of wind that push you off of platforms, etc. New hazards/enemies are introduced in one area and then they are immediately built upon in the next. It's like a demonstration on how to make your first game. I love it.

Game's got that Crash Bandicoot influence in spades too, right down to the enemy types and their stage placement. Now, if only had a cool From Software Evergrace/Eternal Ring-like equivalent for my PS4 then I'd be in heaven.

The two I seem to keep going back to are Knack and Resogun.

Not sure yet. Knack so far is shocking me with how good it is and Killzone is pretty dope.

Not being able to play PS4 for a while [uk release date/cash] but after watching hours of streams of various games I'm leaning towards Knack

Watching this Tendulkar stuff, wonder what it will be like when Gerrard retires. Obviously he's comparitively a bit of a knob, and he's had his poor patches, but he's been the constant throughout the last 13 years

Speaking of English youngsters, is there a young GK to keep an eye out for?

Nope

FootballFan

I'm all for old school platformers like Alice, FootballFan

tumblr_mvv79rUMOp1qzqt8do4_500.gif

But Knack looks a bit shit innit
KuGsj.gif

Fair enough. I just think people put too much trust in reviews from these "professionals".

Same people that give fifa 14 next Gen version 9.1 while in the same review admitting there are barely any changes, if any, to current Gen fifa 14. Lol

bjaelke

Those monitors they're looking at are quite impressive!

---

"Juventus have cheekily proposed a swap deal for Liverpool's Luis Suarez after learning of the Anfield club's interest in Claudio Marchisio - previously of interest to Manchester United and Chelsea - and Leonardo Bonucci."

730klwi.jpg

---

"Juventus have cheekily proposed a swap deal for Liverpool's Luis Suarez after learning of the Anfield club's interest in Claudio Marchisio - previously of interest to Manchester United and Chelsea - and Leonardo Bonucci."

730klwi.jpg

I'd much rather sell him to Juve than Madrid. Bonucci can fuck off though

Half Life 2 is by far the most overrated game I've ever played

It's so cool that you can live-stream games from a console. Always wanted that feature.

Not too bothered by livestreaming, just wanted game recording so I can share highlights. Now we have reached the promised land :p

Bit worried about doing that in BF4 though. The recording function only goes back 15 minutes, and matches can take an age, so I'm not sure if you have to quit the game to save the last 15 minutes and make sure you capture the bit you want to record.

I'm gonna stream some Killzone and BF4 on Saturday 30th if anyone is interested. Might even commentate if anyone wants :D

edit: Do I have to upgrade my twitch account to broadcast, or is it enough to have a normal account and a PS4?

sohois

---

http://i.imgur.com/730klwi.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

Juve have some good players that Liverpool could use in a swap deal, but I can't see such a complicated deal going through, since it would probably need 3 players from Juve's side to make up the difference unless they offered someone like Pogba.

I wouldn't mind Rodgers having a go at moving Asamoah back to CM though, or even trying to redeem Isla.

Juve have some good players that Liverpool could use in a swap deal, but I can't see such a complicated deal going through, since it would probably need 3 players from Juve's side to make up the difference unless they offered someone like Pogba.

I wouldn't mind Rodgers having a go at moving Asamoah back to CM though, or even trying to redeem Isla.

Intentional? :p

Working nightshift and having a window that faces East is a pain in the arse. Especially when your curtains are shite :p

Not too bothered by livestreaming, just wanted game recording so I can share highlights. Now we have reached the promised land :p

Bit worried about doing that in BF4 though. The recording function only goes back 15 minutes, and matches can take an age, so I'm not sure if you have to quit the game to save the last 15 minutes and make sure you capture the bit you want to record.

I'm gonna stream some Killzone and BF4 on Saturday 30th if anyone is interested. Might even commentate if anyone wants :D

edit: Do I have to upgrade my twitch account to broadcast, or is it enough to have a normal account and a PS4?
We should have a footy-GAF war on those games :p. You can broadcast it.

Also, I think you can just use a normal account to broadcast. :)

We should have a footy-GAF war on those games :p. You can broadcast it.

Also, I think you can just use a normal account to broadcast. :)

Fuck. Yes.

Saturday 30th November. 7pm (Spanish football permitting)

At least 2 squads of 3-5 on opposite teams.

Are you and FW sharing a PS4 for now? (Does Wilbs even live at home or was he just there for half-term? (if that's what you call break from uni))

Killzone apparently doesn't have a squad system yet, which is a ridiculous oversight indicative of a game pushed out the door for launch

Fuck. Yes.

Saturday 30th November. 7pm (Spanish football permitting)

At least 2 squads of 3-5 on opposite teams.

Are you and FW sharing a PS4 for now? (Does Wilbs even live at home or was he just there for half-term? (if that's what you call break from uni))

Killzone apparently doesn't have a squad system yet, which is a ridiculous oversight indicative of a game pushed out the door for launch
Yeah we're sharing a PS4. He was going to move out and take one of our PS3s with him, but it was just too expensive, so he decided to stay at home.

Oh look, a notification about Wilbur and FW's mom commenting on dolphin raping headless fish video.

"I know it's so wrong for your mummy to make a comment here but I just had to...the dolphin looked so happy, I could watch it all day!"

Bud, she's a keeper.

Fair enough. I just think people put too much trust in reviews from these "professionals".

Same people that give fifa 14 next Gen version 9.1 while in the same review admitting there are barely any changes, if any, to current Gen fifa 14. Lol

You don't review games that way

On its own it's a very good game, review scores shouldn't take into account double dipping

That would end up with PC console ports getting bad scores

"It only adds a better framerate"

Kinda stupid FF

Kinda stupid

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

In theory (or FM), this could work. Because Marchisio's MV is 30-40M (the offer we rejected from Monaco) and Bonucci is worth 15M (at least).

But I don't see it happening for many reasons.
Marchisio = our Stevie G <3
Now THIS could happen! Asa is surplus (in midfield) and Isla can't seem to find his Udinese form.
Bonucci can fuck off though
He turned into Beckenbauer last season and was one of our standout performers!

His role is MORE than just a defender, he's our back up deep-lying playmaker! There's a reason why Bayern marked him AND Pirlo.
3AQmK.gif

Brendan would love him.

Also stop defending Knack you bellend. Just look at that character you play as, that alone should be reason enough for it to get shit scores, what the fuck is that, ugliest thing in gaming history? and the voice, oh god.

Do you have a scouser's accent?

Also stop defending Knack you bellend. Just look at that character you play as, that alone should be reason enough for it to get shit scores, what the fuck is that, ugliest thing in gaming history? and the voice, oh god.

I was bored to bits halfway through that quick look

You couldn't make a less interesting game

I was bored to bits halfway through that quick look

You couldn't make a less interesting game

What I don't understand if why there's not even any platforming in it, the combat can be decent enough, but no one wants to just play that combat all the way through the game with no variation, the game is begging for some platforming.

In theory (or FM), this could work. Because Marchisio's MV is 30-40M (the offer we rejected from Monaco) and Bonucci is worth 15M (at least).

But I don't see it happening for many reasons.
Marchisio = our Stevie G <3

He turned into Beckenbauer last season and was one of our standout performers!

His role is MORE than just a defender, he's our back up deep-lying playmaker! There's a reason why Bayern marked him and Pirlo.
3AQmK.gif

Brendan would love him.

Got him confused with Borriello, even though he doesn;t even play for you any more :D

Yeah, we could do with Bonnucci, upgrade to the Skrtel position

Simplistic level design, terrible character design and Knack's voice mean that even if everything else about it was perfect, it couldnn't deserve more than a 7/10

Do you have a scouser's accent?

Nah, my accent is pretty much generic South East England. I mumble a lot though, so you won't understand me anyway

Flower at 1080/60 is fuckning gorgeous.

BZJ1ms2IIAAfJ-v.jpg:orig

BZJ3CHcIIAAdpwp.jpg:orig

Damn.

Zabojnik

I gave Fifa 14 current gen version a 7, so you can believe me when I say that Knack is shit.
I haven't played it yet. Could be solid, could be shit. Who cares. Let's move on. <3

730klwi.jpg

Marchisio and Bonucci? You'd have to pay us.

Wilbur

Banned
Oh look, a notification about Wilbur and FW's mom commenting on dolphin raping headless fish video.

"I know it's so wrong for your mummy to make a comment here but I just had to...the dolphin looked so happy, I could watch it all day!"

Bud, she's a keeper.

Please don't do this to me

Top Bottom