• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

Dat Daprela handball save today lol

i2FKzIbvYDOp3.gif
'

Finally getting all those calls for you in Serie B now that Palermo are the big team in the league. Gotta prepare for Serie A refs though soon again.

Evil Dead - shite
Iron Man 3 - merely okay
Star Trek Into Darkness - sort of alright but largely forgettable compared to the first
Fast Six - Gash
Man Of Steel - Fell asleep, won't go back to it
Pacific Rim - Actually enjoyed. The human bits were shit but the action was fun. A lesson in pacing and consistent tone.
The World's End - Disappointing
2 Guns - Slick but run of the mill/forgettable
Prisoners - Tense but ultimately a bit poorly thought out by the end
Stoker - So very disappointing
Oblivion - Sent me to sleep again
World War Z - They clearly didn't know how to even begin adapting the book so they threw it in the bin and made a shit zombie movie instead.

Linius

Evil Dead - shite
Iron Man 3 - merely okay
Star Trek Into Darkness - sort of alright but largely forgettable compared to the first
Fast Six - Gash
Man Of Steel - Fell asleep, won't go back to it
Pacific Rim - Actually enjoyed. The human bits were shit but the action was fun. A lesson in pacing and consistent tone.
The World's End - Disappointing
2 Guns - Slick but run of the mill/forgettable
Prisoners - Tense but ultimately a bit poorly thought out by the end
Stoker - So very disappointing
Oblivion - Sent me to sleep again
World War Z - They clearly didn't know how to even begin adapting the book so they threw it in the bin and made a shit zombie movie instead.

Do you like movies?

kharma45

My top films so far this year

• Gravity
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
  • Philomena
  • Captain Philips
  • Prisoners
  • Rush
  • What Maisie Knew
  • About Time

Wilbur

Banned
Laboured do you enjoy ANYTHING

shit I even put my favourite films in an order

i don't think that's right

apart from 1 and 2

Dat Daprela handball save today lol

http://i.minus.com/i2FKzIbvYDOp3.gif[IMG]'

Finally getting all those calls for you in Serie B now that Palermo are the big team in the league. Gotta prepare for Serie A refs though soon again.[/QUOTE]

Steven Taylor-esque

Linius

My top films so far this year

• Gravity
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
  • Philomena
  • Captain Philips
  • Prisoners
  • Rush
  • What Maisie Knew
  • About Time

Finally someone who mentions Rush. And you like About Time too. Also wanna see What Maisie Knew.

Too bad you think PC gaming is cool, we could have been mates.

pulga

Banned
Honduras XI: Noel; Peralta, "Muma", M Figueroa, E Izaguirre; Boniek, W Palacios, Claros, R Espinoza; Bengtson y Costly.

We're going all out. Bolded our S/BPL and Championship stars lololololol

pulga pls send me a link

Lempiratv not working? I was thinking of going with mio.tv

Wilbur

Banned
Truly, it's been about 5-6 years since a movie impressed me. I'm thinking Un Propheté and Brothers Bloom off the top of my head.

Gravity please. I mean, Django was one of my absolute favourite films ever but I kinda knew I was gonna love it and as such wasn't impressed, just satisfied. Gravity just absolutely really impressed me in a way I probably haven't been for a while.

probably since fast five

Brothers Bloom was alright. Haven't seen Un Prophete yet.

Gravity please. I mean, Django was one of my absolute favourite films ever but I kinda knew I was gonna love it and as such wasn't impressed, just satisfied. Gravity just absolutely really impressed me in a way I probably haven't been for a while.

probably since fast five

Ok you've reminded me, I did really enjoy Django, I'll make an exception there.

kharma45

Finally someone who mentions Rush. And you like About Time too. Also wanna see What Maisie Knew.

Too bad you think PC gaming is cool, we could have been mates.

Ha :p

What Maisie Knew was hard to get to see, only my uni cinema was showing it. Not all bad, it's the only licensed cinema in the country so getting a drink before it was good.

When you're already qualified and just playing friendlies against minnows it's harsh to say "they're shit." When they have a game worth playing, they play well.

They weren't playing well during the qualifiers either. They made it tough on themselves despite winning. They also had 6 losses in their past 8 games. All you had to do was watch them playing. They were clearly struggling every game.

I don't know how that's harsh.

---------------------------

United bros. Here's Daehli's performance against Denmark. Mats said that Zidane was his inspiration growing up and now Januzaj is his inspiration.

http://************/player.php?v=wwk8k9%3E&s=5#.Uof-tcTvuSq

edit: The video is on tinypic so you'll have to sub in the name for the *

kharma45

probably since fast five

Gravity is probably the only film I've seen so far (maybe bar Avatar) that really makes a good showing of 3D. In fact, it's really advisable to see it in 3D.

Also films which were poor

• Sunshine on Leith
  • Thor 2
And absolute shite
  • Man of Steel

Hixx

we're the millers 5/10
man of steel 4/10
pacific rim 7/10
this is the end 5/10
world war z 5/10 (it is so unintentionally hilarious. zombies headbutting cars. the ending.)
kick-ass 2 5/10 (most disappointing this year)
iron man 3 5/10 (tied with this)
star trek into darkness 3/10 shite
oblivion 6/10 this was great until like 3/5 through it before it turned into the most cliche wank ever
only god forgives 1/10 worst film i have seen in ages
the world's end 7/10 cant wait to rewatch it. the soundtrack. the trilogy callbacks. the cameos. the references. OH GOD THE SOUNDTRACK
trance 6/10
fast 6 - left thought it was shit tho i want to give it another go

I'm waiting for a looooot of blurays though. lot of decent films this year, none that will i will give a shit about in 10 years time tho. Apart from World's End but that is my JAM innit

special mention to how shit only god forgives is though. Absolute wank

Think the only 2013 movies I've seen is kIckass 2 and it was way worse than the first. I want to watch nymphomaniac though. Oh and want to go see Enders Game too even if I don't have high hopes. Maybe The Great Gatsby too.

Wilbur

Banned
Think the only 2013 movies I've seen is kIckass 2 and it was way worse than the first. I want to watch nymphomaniac though. Oh and want to go see Enders Game too even if I don't have high hopes.

You only want to see Nymphomaniac for a glimpse of Udo's small curved penis

Hixx

If QPR get promoted this season they could be fined £80m by the Football League's FFP rules which fine club's £1 for every £1 in losses over £18m

I am dying

edit: Daily Mail are so bad. it is based on this seasons losses which are still expected to be massive so could be like £40m+.

L1NETT

Ugh Trance. Forgot about that piece of pony. Boyle plz. Mcavoy plz.

Gonna go rewatch Last King of Scotland so I like McAvoy again.

The Batman universe single-handedly makes DC better than Marvel, even though the rest of DC's franchises are shite. Discuss.

Give this man all of the medals.

I do hate the whole supergods infinity gauntlet super power another universe bullshit which Marvel has. What is the point of Thanos and all those morons.

Riddler > Any multicoloured bimbo Marvel villain.

Top Bottom