• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

FootballFan

Not sure what Fry's reasoning is but it really isn't fun supporting a team that just wins all the time, IMO. But that's what's nice about the Premier League. It's true that few teams win the thing, but every game is still competitive. There really isn't one team that just steamrolls everyone in every game.

Not my fault atletico is the only other good team in the league. :(

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Off the top of my head (not even close to the real number since I go to the movies on weekly/bi-weekly basis):

Good movies:
  • Prisoners
    Gravity
    Robert Downey Jr 3
    Elysium
    At World's End
    Pacific Rim
    Rush
    Captain Philips
    The Call (ruined by the ending)
    The Place Beyond the Pines (Great idea wasted)

WHAT?!:
  • Stoker
    Only God Forgives
    Trance
Wanted to hate them but couldn't:
  • Evil Dead (Dat epic gore)
    Pain & Gain (THE ROCKK)
    World War Z
    Star Trek
    This Is the End (McBride LOOOOL)
    Thor 2
    You're Next

Didn't enjoy them:
  • Also Trance
    Hangover 3
    Fast 6
    The Conjuring
    Man of Steel
    The Purge (Good concept wasted)
    The Conjuring
    Riddick (I'm a big fan of the original. Shame)
    The Conjuring
    The Wolverine
    Escape Plan
    The Conjuring

From the express.

"Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho is ready to offload Fernando Torres in a move to try and sign Monaco's £52m striker Radamel Falcao."

Yeah ok.

KZ:SF has no ingame chat.

tumblr_mlenb8dsQD1qhqs8so1_250.gif

Zabojnik

Off the top of my head (not even close to the real number since I go to the movies on weekly/bi-weekly basis):

Good movies:
Elysium

Wut? I thought it was shit, which is why I skipped it. Something I rarely do when it comes to sci-fi movies, bad as they may be.

dc89

Lionel Messi to Manchester City next summer?
It sounds like idle speculation.
But I understand that after next summer’s World Cup finals such a move is not beyond possibility.

There is increasing talk in Spain that Messi, who has struggled for form (by his own stellar standards) and fitness this season, is becoming stressed at the pressure he is put under by Barcelona to play when not fully fit.
Messi has just reached his 10th anniversary with Barca in which has played 395 games and scored 327 goals, but he may be tempted by a move.
It is impossible to speculate transfer fee and salary figures.

They would obviously be immense and despite City’s resources such a move would be complicated by Financial Fair Play.
But a complex playing/commercial/image rights deal with Nike assuming a major role could get around regulations.
And I understand several super agents and brokers are actively looking at piecing together a deal.
Messi to City? Yes, it’s sound nuts. Then again...

God bless that banned newspaper.

Aguero and Zaba will tell him how great City is. How the food in the canteen is of a higher standard, how the website is the best in the world and how Messi will be able to tell kids at the academy to just pass the ball to him.

I went to see Elysium this weekend, I really didn't like it. I thought it was quite boring actually.

Mixing the District 9 social enigma around that idea should have theoretically worked but only getting the prospective of 3 or 4 fairly uninteresting characters got boring quickly.

Maybe I'm DC'ing, but whatever, everybody should watch that glorious Rami body during yesterday win vs Young Boys: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjYpgJqpXfI&feature=youtu.be

No seriously, he's HUGE. Also, I'm glad to see Saponara and Cristante score, maybe I was too harsh on the first one a few days ago. Too bad we won't probably see him a lot next year, with Honda and everything. Still, he has a month and a half to convince Allegri, which might be a hard task seeing how he keeps Muntari in our starting XI and Poli on the bench.

Oh yeah, Allegri after the friendly said that he's not worried about his job, and that the rumors regarding him being fired make him laugh. I give up on him, it's unbelievable how much of an asshole he is.

Huh, I didn't know Rami's been training with you guys for a month now. Interesting, he should be ready to replace Zapata once and for all in January. Dat Matri control at 1:00, we know it well. :D

Giovannino Lodetti, what a legend.

Yep, basically he was in Milanello just a few days before even finalizing the deal with Valencia. When I saw that Matri control I was speechless, at least he tried to make up for it later. And the velo for Cristante goal was brilliant :D
Allegri: "People said I was crazy when I said that Kakà can play in front of the defence, but we will try this more often in the future."
That's... That's not why we say you're crazy, you cunt. Also, we call you cunt, not crazy.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Manduzukic's agent: "In June, he will leave Bayern. Yes, Juve are interested"

:/ :/?!?!

Wut? I thought it was shit, which is why I skipped it. Something I rarely do when it comes to sci-fi movies, bad as they may be.

I went to see Elysium this weekend, I really didn't like it. I thought it was quite boring actually.

Mixing the District 9 social enigma around that idea should have theoretically worked but only getting the prospective of 3 or 4 fairly uninteresting characters got boring quickly.

I can't quite explain why I liked it, it just clicked! The gritty futuristic action was really fun.

I'm not saying it was a masterpiece, but it was enjoyable.

Beta testing their product in North America. They have less than two weeks until the official launch.

The PS4 seems to be just as error prone right now.

Sounds like excuse-making, but people will still be playing the PS4 when the janky stuff is patched. Without party systems and chat, people will lose interest in BF4 and KZ very quickly. They have about a month to get that sorted or people will drop them before they can fix it, which would be a terrible thing especially or Battlefield since they plan to sell a load of DLC

Liked reading all the film discussion last night :)

Here's my top 5 of the year so far (in no order):

Gravity
Star Trek: ID
Prisoners
The World's End
Fast 6

Wait, did Place Beyond the Pines come out this year?

Linius

Oh, for some reason, I assumed it came out this year :lol

Really enjoyed that, save for the weak final act.

Maybe because it came late in theatres? Over here it released in april this year. It's kinda sucky we Europeans are never really able to make a legit top list at the end of the year since we're still waiting for a bunch of good films :p

EDIT

Oh wait, now I see what's confusing. Even in the US it only arrived this year. 2012 was just one showing at a film festival :p

Yen

The Killers new single is very good. Maybe I should listen to them again. They were my favourite band when I was 14,but that album with human put me off, haven't listened to anything since.

bjaelke

Is it really broken?
Not officially but it appears to give an unfair advantage. I had no idea until last night when I went looking for a new skin and came across the tactic section on FM Scouts. It does explain why I'm currently overachieving with Stockport and on my way to do back to back promotions.

c0sFzvc.jpg

Top Bottom