• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

Wilbur

Banned
Oh my god

Was supposed to wake up at 9 o clock

Woke up at 9, set my alarm for 9:25 again

Woke up at 10:40

Thought shit I have 10 minutes until I have to leave

So left at 10:50

Them realised it was 10:50

My walk to the tram stop which usually takes 23 minutes has taken 16

I think I have shin splints

I'm gonna die

And I'm still gonna be late

I agree. fuck these bullshit tactics from dice and ea

truly the worst gaming company on this planet

I wonder what it'd be like if companies couldn't just patch things at the drop of a hat on consoles now. Being charged £50 to be an extended beta-tester is a fuckingdisgrace.gif. Especially when the game was shat out to beat CoD to the market.

spidye

I wonder what it'd be like if companies couldn't just patch things at the drop of a hat on consoles now. Being charged £50 to be an extended beta-tester is a fuckingdisgrace.gif. Especially when the game was shat out to beat CoD to the market.

knowing the gaming industry nothing happens, nobody cares, battlefield 5 sells twice the amount

:/

knowing the gaming industry nothing happens, nobody cares, battlefield 5 sells twice the amount

:/

Sony and MS need to figure out a way of charging publishers for patches based on the severity of the issues they're fixing, and the amount of money that publisher makes (so indies don't get bankrupted because they can't afford good QA)

If EA were charged £1m (to go to charity) for whatever patch fixes Conquest on PS4, it would sure as fuck work at launch. Or force them to give away DLC or old games. Or temporarily remove BF4 from the store. Whatever. Anything to get out of this pattern of huge publishers rushing broken games out at full price, with vague promises of fixing them at some undetermined point in the future.

What's the point of controller charging-docks?

GorillaJu

Not officially but it appears to give an unfair advantage. I had no idea until last night when I went looking for a new skin and came across the tactic section on FM Scouts. It does explain why I'm currently overachieving with Stockport and on my way to do back to back promotions.

c0sFzvc.jpg

Yeah that's very very similar to my tactic. God daaammmmiiiiitttt..

Sony and MS need to figure out a way of charging publishers for patches based on the severity of the issues they're fixing, and the amount of money that publisher makes (so indies don't get bankrupted because they can't afford good QA)

If EA were charged £1m (to go to charity) for whatever patch fixes Conquest on PS4, it would sure as fuck work at launch. Or force them to give away DLC or old games. Or temporarily remove BF4 from the store. Whatever. Anything to get out of this pattern of huge publishers rushing broken games out at full price, with vague promises of fixing them at some undetermined point in the future.

What's the point of controller charging-docks?
So you don't clutter up your PS4? I'm thinking of getting one :p

Wilbur

Banned
That was mine for the first two seasons but I changed to 4-2-3-1 for the majority of games in my third season and still finished fourth. Only switched to 433 when I was playing a much better team.

Gonna switch to it permanently now tee hee

Linius

That was mine for the first two seasons but I changed to 4-2-3-1 for the majority of games in my third season and still finished fourth. Only switched to 433 when I was playing a much better team.

Gonna switch to it permanently now tee hee

You need to slap DC (for not knowing Nick Cave) and Hitcher (for comparing Nick Cave to Dire Straits), we can't allow that kind of talk.

Wilbur

Banned
You need to slap DC (for not knowing Nick Cave) and Hitcher (for comparing Nick Cave to Dire Straits), we can't allow that kind of talk.

DC doesn't know about anything except Super Mango Pee Pee Party. Hitcher works nights so he's probably never heard Nick Cave music properly.

DC doesn't know about anything except Super Mango Pee Pee Party. Hitcher works nights so he's probably never heard Nick Cave music properly.

Of course I haven't, bands get 5 30-second chances to impress me. Can't be arsed wasting my time listening to shite in the vague hope of the artist growing on me :p

Its not perfect, but its efficient. Took just 2m30s of listening time to come to the conclusion that the Dillinger Release Clause or whatever they're called are a pile of shite.

Why not just buy a short cable though? Unless there is literally no room by the console. Do you plug them into the console, a wall, or any USB port?
I have a few USB sockets in my room, one of them doesn't work with the PS3 controller (not enough power, I guess). I have a USB dongle in my PS3 ATM (for the wireless headset). That stays in my PS3 all the time. Also, I leave a cable in my PS3 to charge the controller.

I have a few USB sockets in my room, one of them doesn't work with the PS3 controller (not enough power, I guess). I have a USB dongle in my PS3 ATM (for the wireless headset). That stays in my PS3 all the time. Also, I leave a cable in my PS3 to charge the controller.

I assume you could use the PS3 controller port to charge the PS4 controller if you swap the cables around whenever one needs charging. And you can probably use the PS4 controller for the PS3 games you want to play as well :p

I assume you could use the PS3 controller port to charge the PS4 controller if you swap the cables around whenever one needs charging. And you can probably use the PS4 controller for the PS3 games you want to play as well :p
Good point. Isn't the PS4 controller micro-USB, though? I have a spare cable which is handy :p

Fuck films

'Battlefield is broken'

'But its always broken at launch, you just have to accept it and wait'

Fuck off, it costs £50

It has never been this broken at launch before. There has always been issues and they have usually been fixed fairly quickly, but BF4 is just downright broken online.

Anyway to keep up the pc debate from yesterday, lol £50, got that shit + premium (which is also about the price of the whole game) for 43 pounds. Based pc gaming.

It has never been this broken at launch before. There has always been issues and they have usually been fixed fairly quickly, but BF4 is just downright broken online.

Anyway to keep up the pc debate from yesterday, lol £50, got that shit + premium (which is also about the price of the whole game) for 43 pounds. Based pc gaming.

Your cpu is fucked

Based console gaming.

The only games I've bought in the past year are GTA and pokemon

And I traded in old ones for TLOU

Well not everyone have a brother to steal games from. What does all your greasy chicken money go to?

Your cpu is fucked

Based console gaming.

I'm playing on it FM as we speak. Dat multitasking, no problems since putting the fan on properly again. Also I'm listening to audio cd's, the new big thing out there that only PC's can.

Wilbur

Banned
It depends, Gladbach is still using 4-4-2 (with two "false" strikers) and it has been working great. They play the best kind of football in the league

We always play 4-4-2. Always. 4-4-1-1 really but still.

Well not everyone have a brother to steal games from. What does all your greasy chicken money go to?

Food mostly. You can probably tell.

I also spend extortionate amounts on alcohol when I go out. And I buy a fair amount of clothes.

Yen

Oh shit, rumours about Foxconn staff at one of the factories sabotaging PS4's in response to bad treatment, explaining failure rate of certain batches. DOubt it's true, but it'd be amazing if it was
Can only imagine the punishment for that.

CEO Kaz Hirai ‏@KazHiraiCEO
We sold 1 million PS4s on Friday, more than the number of Wii Us shipped worldwide in the first 9 months of 2013. In this, The Year of Luigi

Potentially great PL weekend coming up

Everton - Liverpool (should be better than normal with Martinez and Rodgers in charge)
Arsenal - Southampton (brilliant midfield vs relentless, fearless pressers)
City vs Spurs (bad defense vs abysmal attack)

And I think there could be an upset in either West Ham vs Chelsea, or Cardiff vs Man Utd

Then there's a midlands psuedo-derby, with WBA vs Aston Villa on Monday

Fucking interlull

@Arnie, because I'm bored as fuck and haven't played an online game since the hour I spent with GTAV :p

What's this about Nintendo fans telling porkies about the WiiU version of Batman: AO being the definitive console version? lol

Oh yeah, and whoever decided that Gotham should be populated with snipers should be strung up by the bollocks. What a stupid way to ruin the traversal halfway through the game

Arnie

Potentially great PL weekend coming up

Everton - Liverpool (should be better than normal with Martinez and Rodgers in charge)
Arsenal - Southampton (brilliant midfield vs relentless, fearless pressers)
City vs Spurs (bad defense vs abysmal attack)

And I think there could be an upset in either West Ham vs Chelsea, or Cardiff vs Man Utd

Then there's a midlands psuedo-derby, with WBA vs Aston Villa on Monday

Fucking interlull

@Arnie, because I'm bored as fuck and haven't played an online game since the hour I spent with GTAV :p
I'd rather read this post and fantasise about all the exciting shit we'll see next weekend than play that guffbag of a game. It's fucking puddle-tier multiplayer.

Can see Chelsea dropping more points to West Ham.

I'd rather read this post and fantasise about all the exciting shit we'll see next weekend than play that guffbag of a game. It's fucking puddle-tier multiplayer.

Can see Chelsea dropping more points to West Ham.

Imagine if we get robbed by an obscene offside call again this time. Never been so pissed off at an official

edit: Seems there was literally a group of Nintendo fans trying to convince people to buy Batman on the WiiU, pretending that it's the definitive version. That is bona fide cuntish.

Top Bottom