• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

Salvadora

Anyone know if Walcott will be back for the Southampton game on Saturday?
We have been told yes.

But this "stomach" problem is really weird, so who knows.
BZWfKERIUAAOP70.jpg:large
He's back in training.

rvy

Banned
900p @ QTE running at 20 fps.

dealwithit.gif

Why the fuck doesn't FF visit Twitter? I'm tired of him ignoring my tweets. FF pls

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

SEAN <3

On the Xbox One:

I just don't think the Xbox One can justify it's pricing, I seen a bundle in GAME for a value deal at £469.99.

It's like the PS3 all over again, I don't have a problem with huge prices just there is no added value in comparison to the PS4 for me. I can get near enough the exact same features (minus shitty Kinect) and probably better exclusives on the PS4 for about £100 cheaper.
Pretty much.

I truly hope this signals the end of Microsoft.
and Nintendo. Can we take away Nintendo too?
It wasn't even incest, my bad.

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Okay Bacon, I forgive you now. For you know what.

Manager

Haven't seen this until now:
icxcSjOCxfqRd.gif

(Ref looking straight at it)

Plus:
isQ8oS0o2BpSc.gif

Such great performance from the referee.

Really hope the away form starts working again, City has dominated the matches but made a few stupid mistakes. Refs too. You have the Villa total offside goal, that lost that match. Then the freak Cardiff goals from corners.

The bad thing is that it's starting to become a thing. You could see in the players that they started to get worried after Sunderland scored. They need to get a stop to this, change it around.

L1NETT

When's the first next gen game which gets you excited come out? Infamous and Titanfall?Both March right?

Jan and Feb could be current gen catch up time personally. Batman, Company of Heroes 2. Gonna replay Red Dead and Deus Ex HR to end it on a good note :)

---

Point on technically rubbish games.

You can still love a game even if it is technically dreadful.

I have 400 times more fun in Fallout New Vegas than I do in a technically proficient game like COD (or something I can't think of)

It isn't that big of a deal. Fun technically rubbish game > Smooth 60fps 1080p snoozefest

rvy

Banned
Man City should be twatting Sunderland even with Ovrebo as referee. Failing to score against them is embarassing regardless of officiating errors

What a fucking bullshit excuse this is. Officiating mistakes cost games. Officiating mistakes win leagues in my country.

Hixx

Haven't seen this until now:
icxcSjOCxfqRd.gif

(Ref looking straight at it)

Plus:
isQ8oS0o2BpSc.gif

Such great performance from the referee.

Oh give it a rest. If the Bardsley one is a foul we should have had a penalty when Milner wrestled AJ to the floor.

You's were fucking shit and deserved what you got.

Scum

When's the first next gen game which gets you excited come out? Infamous and Titanfall?Both March right?

Jan and Feb could be current gen catch up time personally. Batman, Company of Heroes 2. Gonna replay Red Dead and Deus Ex HR to end it on a good note :)

---

Point on technically rubbish games.

You can still love a game even if it is technically dreadful.

I have 400 times more fun in Fallout New Vegas than I do in a technically proficient game like COD (or something I can't think of)

It isn't that big of a deal. Fun technically rubbish game > Smooth 60fps 1080p snoozefest
A Link Between Worlds is out this Friday.

Manager

Man City should be twatting Sunderland even with Ovrebo as referee. Failing to score against them is embarassing regardless of officiating errors

No team in this league should be twatting anyone away, that's why it's the best league in the world. But I think, as I mentioned, that the team might be getting a bit nervous in away matches. Things probably start popping up inside their head when they concede, "this again?".

Just a bit of luck needed, ball possession is high and chances are being created.

What a fucking bullshit excuse this is. Officiating mistakes cost games. Officiating mistakes win leagues in my country.

Obviously its hugely annoying when it happens, and the referee should be punished accordingly. But Manager seems to be forgiving the team far too easily for an absolutely dismal performance and blaming the result almost entirely on the ref.

@Manager, if the players don;t have the mentality to overcome a 1-goal defecit against a team residing in the bottom 2, with 2 suspensions, get rid :p

Would you consider BF4 a next gen game? If not then inFamous.

It looked pretty simplistic in the prerelease stuff, but I haven't heard nayone complaining about the gunplay in the OT. Just the level design, difficulty spikes and storyline that are taking a battering :p

Just went to watch some gameplay on twitch. It defiantly still lacks recoil.

rvy

Banned
Obviously its hugely annoying when it happens, and the referee should be punished accordingly. But Manager seems to be forgiving the team far too easily for an absolutely dismal performance and blaming the result almost entirely on the ref.

Yeah, but you live in some magical wonderland where the refs aren't corrupt scum. Aside from Fergie time.

Manager

Oh give it a rest. If the Bardsley one is a foul we should have had a penalty when Milner wrestled AJ to the floor.

You's were fucking shit and deserved what you got.

What the fuck? City deserved a loss because the ref made mistakes that stopped you from being 10 men and 2 minutes later gave you a goal?

If City were so "fucking shit", please explain this:
jNHzw2R4d8sUY.JPG

63% possession, 24 shots vs 5, 90% pass success vs 78%, 14 corners vs 0.

Walshy

No team in this league should be twatting anyone away, that's why it's the best league in the world.
I'd argue you win the league by beating the bottom eight home and away, which is exactly what United did last year.

That's 16 games and 48 points.

Clegg

Manager you are Doicaring.

Stahp. City were shit and deserved nothing from that game.

Move on lest we have another ASSASSIN on our hands.

What the fuck? City deserved a loss because the ref made mistakes that stopped you from being 10 men and 2 minutes later gave you a goal?

jNHzw2R4d8sUY.JPG

That shots on target ratio means you didn't deserve to win. I genuinely believe that. That's a remarkably poor ratio

8 shots blocked? Were you just twatting it straight into them?

Hixx

jNHzw2R4d8sUY.JPG

oh he mad

and yes, City were shit. You never ever looked like scoring apart from that Aguero rofltastic miss.

Manager

Manager you are Doicaring.

Stahp. City were shit and deserved nothing from that game.

I've never said City should have won it. What I'm saying is that the team was not "fucking shit" (specially in second half) and that the referee shouldn't have made those gigantic mistakes.

Hixx

I've never said City should have won it. What I'm saying is that the team was not "fucking shit" (specially in second half) and that the referee shouldn't have made those gigantic mistakes.

Hull were more dangerous than City.

We should have had a penalty.

How do these make you feel, Manager?

Top Bottom