• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

bjaelke

ibeLXvs1D1Hk3H.gif

Suen

Tomorrow we can look forward to Portugal and France dropping out from the WC, but do not be sad because these players will put all their focus on their club:

Giroud, Bosscielny, Sagna

Varane, Benzema, Ronaldo, Coentrao, Pepe.

Most of the reviews I've seen make it seem like it'll be so bad it's good.
I might see it tomorrow, and start reading either Blood Meridian or All The Pretty Horses too.
Yeah, reviews are mixed but i like most of the cast. Haven't read many of his books actually, only No Country, which was adapted brilliantly iirc.

Have Blood Meridian somewhere i think. What's the other book about?

rvy

Banned
Tomorrow we can look forward to Portugal and France dropping out from the WC, but do not be sad because these players will put all their focus on their club:

Suen pls

Ronaldo couldn't cope with not being in the WC.

Clegg

Axel Witsel says he wants to play in the Premier League. He's 24 and already has 40 caps for Belgium. Would be a very good buy. Expensive tho.

Axel Witsel says he wants to play in the Premier League. He's 24 and already has 40 caps for Belgium. Would be a very good buy. Expensive tho.

Didn't he just sign for a Russian club and cost a shitload of money? Sounds like a rather silly buy to me as he'd be even more expensive than what that Russian club paid and there are other DM/CMs in the market next summer (fuck you Ilkay).

Salvadora

Sad though, innit.

France is a "heavyweight" at least in terms of names, I'd have loved to have seen their players (and future players) on the world stage. Not to take anything away from Ukraine, really big achievement for those guys.

sohois

Didn't he just sign for a Russian club and cost a shitload of money? Sounds like a rather silly buy to me as he'd be even more expensive than what that Russian club paid and there are other DM/CMs in the market next summer (fuck you Ilkay).

Yeah I though Zenit bought him for 40 million or something crazy like that.

elseanio said:
Will Hughes to Liverpool is being reported. £12m is a lot for an 18 year old..

(Not up-to-date on shite sources, I take it the Daily Express isn't much to go on though..)

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/footb...2m-Will-Hughes

Been on the cards for a while now, but I doubt if Liverpool have really already secured the deal. Can't say I trust the express.

Plus if it did go through I'm expecting him to be loaned back immediately.

LTWheels

Will Hughes to Liverpool is being reported. £12m is a lot for an 18 year old..

(Not up-to-date on shite sources, I take it the Daily Express isn't much to go on though..)

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...t-Arsenal-and-Man-Utd-to-sign-12m-Will-Hughes

Well United spent £15m on Zaha, and Hughes is a player with more promise.

It's been well published that he's a massive liverpool fan so as long as we meet the asking price I could see liverpool being his first choice.

Xbox One reviews should be interesting. Really hope if they do score highly people don't throw a fit. Probably expecting too much.

I'm really interested to see how well DR3 does. Graphics aside I think it could potentially hurt the game having an open world with nothing to do but kill zombies.

L1NETT

We'll loan him back, possibly until summer 2015, and Rodgers will actually play him with Gerrard getting old. Think we might even cash in on Allen in the summer

Do you know where he his now?

Royal Antwerp. Belgian 2nd division.

I'm really interested to see how well DR3 does. Graphics aside I think it could potentially hurt the game having an open world with nothing to do but kill zombies.

It's the one launch game of any console that looks semi interesting to play. Technical issues aside, a good game is a good game. I loved the previous Dead Risings.

Walshy

On the Xbox One:

I just don't think the Xbox One can justify it's pricing, I seen a bundle in GAME for a value deal at £469.99.

It's like the PS3 all over again, I don't have a problem with huge prices just there is no added value in comparison to the PS4 for me. I can get near enough the exact same features (minus shitty Kinect) and probably better exclusives on the PS4 for about £100 cheaper.

sohois

Do you know where he his now?

Royal Antwerp. Belgian 2nd division.

It's the one launch game of any console that looks semi interesting to play. Technical issues aside, a good game is a good game. I loved the previous Dead Risings.

Hughes is far superior to Bostock, both in his current ability and his potential. And Rodgers is exactly the manager to bring him through, he has already shown ample faith in youngsters - in stark comparison to Redknapp.

LTWheels

Sam Wallace ‏@SamWallaceIndy 7m

Daniel Sturrige has just walked off the England training pitch & gone inside. Didn't look happy. Said yesterday thigh injury not yet clear

Fuck...

Sam Wallace ‏@SamWallaceIndy 7m

Daniel Sturrige has just walked off the England training pitch & gone inside. Didn't look happy. Said yesterday thigh injury not yet clear

Fuck...

Shit

Suarez only gets back on Friday as well I think. Borini pls

Unless I'm mistaken, Suarez, Sturridge and Aspas are the only players in the entire squad with experience of playing as a striker. Guess he'd play Moses up front if all 3 were unavailable :x

edit: Why the fuck has he been playing for us, and in the England squad, if he's still carrying a thigh injury? Suarez can play alone up front, there's no need to risk Sturridge

You troll. I have to say, Ryse looks like shit as far as gameplay goes, but God damn is it impressive. Can you imagine how glorious it would be running at 1080p?

We're both trolls baby. I can't really, I only see it in 900p

It's the only launch exclusive game that looks like it has a proper gameplay mechanic. I enjoyed 1 a lot and bits of 2, hopefully this is good.

rvy

Banned
DR 2 is shit. All Capcpom franchises turn to shit when they're developed by the West. And even Capcpom Japan is managing to fuck them up these days.

L1NETT

Hughes is far superior to Bostock, both in his current ability and his potential. And Rodgers is exactly the manager to bring him through, he has already shown ample faith in youngsters - in stark comparison to Redknapp.

Is he? Personally as an england fan I don't want the media pressure which comes with a massive move to stunt his growth. I would rather he played and developed in the championship than make the big money move now.

I may be way off here, but how good is Rodgers at playing youth. Wisdom is on loan, Sterling is apparently off on loan and Kelly doesn't get much of a look in? Seems to be me he would rather bring in somebody else. Flanagan and Ibe don't play much either

And people talked about Bostock in the same way they talk about Hughes, both were very talented so that first statement is a bit meaningless. I just don't want him to become the next Bentley or Jeffers' thats all. I can see him stunting like Zaha, and that isn't beneficial to anyone.

bjaelke

Shit

Unless I'm mistaken, Suarez, Sturridge and Aspas are the only players in the entire squad with experience of playing as a striker. Guess he'd play Moses up front if all 3 were unavailable :x

edit: Why the fuck has he been playing for us, and in the England squad, if he's still carrying a thigh injury? Suarez can play alone up front, there's no need to risk Sturridge

Alberto can play up front.

We're both trolls baby. I can't really, I only see it in 900p

It's the only launch exclusive game that looks like it has a proper gameplay mechanic. I enjoyed 1 a lot and bits of 2, hopefully this is good.

Just because there are a lot of first person shooters, it doesn't stop it from being a solid gameplay mechanic. It'd be like criticising FIFA for being about kicking a ball

sohois

Shit

Stirling has played as a false nine a fair few times for the reserves, and done fairly well there as well.

LINETT said:
Is he? Personally as an england fan I don't want the media pressure which comes with a massive move to stunt his growth. I would rather he played and developed in the championship than make the big money move now.

I may be way off here, but how good is Rodgers at playing youth. Wisdom is on loan, Sterling is apparently off on loan and Kelly doesn't get much of a look in? Seems to be me he would rather bring in somebody else. Flanagan and Ibe don't play much either

And people talked about Bostock in the same way they talk about Hughes, both were very talented so that first statement is a bit meaningless. I just don't want him to become the next Bentley or Jeffers' thats all. I can see him stunting like Zaha, and that isn't beneficial to anyone.

Stirling has made almost 50 first team appearances as an 18 year old. The likes of Wisdom, Suso, Ibe, Sinclair, Yesil, Coady have made their first team debuts under Rodgers. Don't be fooled by the fact that they haven't too many additional chances; most of them aren't even 20 yet. Kelly has been out for almost a year and is being very slowly reintroduced. Flanagan was basically written off by the club once McLaughlin arrived so its no surprise he hasn't played much.

And as for Bostock, he had 4 appearances for Crystal Palace before his transfer at 16. Hughes will have 1 and a half seasons under his belt if he were to be bought in January and is 2 years older, he is undoubtedly far more advanced and his future potential is far more certain given the greater depth of data to predict on.

GorillaJu

Will Hughes has to happen. Excellent player with a very promising future. Closest thing to a replacement for Gerrard that's become available to us, IMO.

Top Bottom