• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

jtb

Banned
got mugged at knifepoint today. really fucking grateful I didn't bring my wallet with me, just some cash and and my phone.... but ugh, super pissed right now

jtb

Banned
Fuck. You alright though?

yeah, I'm fine, thankfully. it was a pretty surreal experience, to be honest. just kicking myself for being so careless... the neighborhood's generally pretty safe (and it was like... 5:30! I mean, come on!) but I guess you can never be too sure.

Messi

got mugged at knifepoint today. really fucking grateful I didn't bring my wallet with me, just some cash and and my phone.... but ugh, super pissed right now

Fuck, just be glad you didn't get hurt. The other stuff can be replaced. I am terrified of knifes, fuck that shit.

My cousin was coming home from a nightclub a few years back and some dude mugged him with a knife and afterwards stuck the knife in his stomach and slashed him across the belly :( all over some cash.

Go for it, season 4 is shaping up to be the best one yet.

S4 > S2 > S1 > S3

S3 last, you can't be more wrong.

I would say s3 is ONE OF THE BEST SEASONS EVER of television.

From the very first scene to the last it was perfect. Every episode was amazing and just so beautiful.

L1NETT

Shit hope you all alright dude :/

Someone from uni got mugged outside a club (dodgy part of Brum) and he ended up in hospital all fucked up. Shit must be horrible :(

pulga

Banned
S3 last, you can't be more wrong.

I would say s3 is ONE OF THE BEST SEASONS EVER of television.

From the very first scene to the last it was perfect. Every episode was amazing and just so beautiful.

Meh.

Richard and Julia subplot yawn, but atleast relevant to this season and going forward
Nucky and Billie yawwwn, didn't lead to anything
Margaret and Owen subplot yaaawwwwwnnn, again didn't lead to anything
Gyp is a one note villain. Manic for the sake of being manic. Plus, he went out like a bitch.
Very little Van Alden

oh fuck I almost forgot the worst part of it all... Margaret's hospital bullshit subplot. WORST PART OF BOARDWALK EMPIRE EVER

I stand by my ranking. S1 at least had Jimmy, S3 is just trash.

Messi

Meh.

Richard and Julia subplot yawn, but atleast relevant to this season and going forward
Nucky and actress subplot yawwwn, didn't lead to anything
Margaret and Owen subplot yaaawwwwwnnn, again didn't lead to anything
Gyp is a one note villain. Manic for the sake of being manic. Plus, he went out like a bitch.
Very little Van Alden

oh fuck I almost forgot the worst part of it all... Margaret's hospital bullshit subplot. WORST PART OF BOARDWALK EMPIRE EVER

I stand by my ranking. S1 at least had Jimmy, S3 is just trash.

Can't read the post but I just wanna say season 3 of Boardwalk is not trash. Far from it.

zinder

Just discovered this part of GAF. Never knew there were active discussions aside from gaming going on here!

Anyway, Ukraine to World Cup 2014!

GorillaJu

Just discovered this part of GAF. Never knew there were active discussions aside from gaming going on here!

Anyway, Ukraine to World Cup 2014!

Welcome. Chelsea supporters are generally scorned and put in the corner where we can easily hit them with fruit garbage. Just be aware of this.

And yes, go Ukraine. Anyone who can take France out of the equation and make it even more embarrassing than the last World Cup is a-ok in my book.

Barzul

Man I'm really impressed with Nigeria, was expecting we'd lose to Italy. Shola Ameobi turned up, hope he keeps playing like this come the World Cup. International break still sucks balls, can't wait for League football to return.

Wilbur

Banned
Sorry Pulga I have to break my silence. Mark of the beast is gone.

Welcome my new baby. Chelsea fan. It's okay. You get shit on less than the other big clubs that are also shit. But still expect the shit. Because your club is shit.

Fuck France orally anally vaginally penisally. Any country of Pogba's is no friend of mine.

Lightning

Banned
Ukraine support here saddens me.

France are on the up. Just need to get rid of Deschamp's. The World Cup won't seem the same with no France.

Ukraine support here saddens me.

France are on the up. Just need to get rid of Deschamp's. The World Cup won't seem the same with no France.

Knockout rounds won't be any different than 2010 :p

And look at dat arrogance coming from a bunch of scrubs who have been the epitomy of embarassment sice Zidane retired.
Lloris: "Good thing we didn't get Portugal."

Giroud: "Ukraine is the best of the possible opponents we could have gotten."

Domenech: "We could not have asked for a better draw!"

Benzema: "I'm sure France will advance to Brazil."

Tremoulinas: "With all respect to Ukraine, we're simply better."
can't wait to see their tears tomorrow

Lightning

Banned
Why not? They're no superpower :lol. If they were they would have qualified and wouldn't be losing to Ukraine.
These qualifiers are only happening because they were unlucky in drawing the same group as freakin Spain and even then made it interesting.

Ukraine are an inferior team. This will be poor if France can't turn it around and I blame Kos. Cunt.

Sviat, only Giroud's and Domenech's comments there are arrogant.

France are a better team than Ukraine and they will show it I am sure and then you will pretend not to care either way!.

GorillaJu

These qualifiers are only happening because they were unlucky in drawing the same group as freakin Spain and even then made it interesting.

Ukraine are an inferior team. This will be poor if France can't turn it around and I blame Kos. Cunt.

The fact that so many Arsenal players are French should tell you all you need to know about them and what they deserve.

France did this to themselves.

id0VQCQHVIYAO.gif

Lightning

Banned
They're most certainly not an inferior team. An inferior set of players maybe. A superior team.
I'm referring to the set of players. France have too much talent to not be at the world cup. Pogba, Benzema, Ribery, Nasri, Lloris etc are all good players and they have many more. France need to get past Ukraine.

They weren't unlucky they were simply shit. If France had been good they wouldn't have been placed in the same group as Spain.
FIFA rankings don't always make sense and still unlucky to draw Spain. Could have been any of the other seeded teams and (apart from Germany) they would have had an easier time of it. Everyone in Europe struggles against Spain.

Wilbur

Banned
On the contrary, Lightning. It'll be a fucking pleasure if a gargantuan grouping of Gallic goobers don't make it because that means a team that play for each other and fight for each other as opposed to against each other has made it, and that's better for the World Cup.

Lightning

Banned
That is more coaching than anything else. I don't think it fair for all the people of France to not get the chance to see their superior players at the world cup because France can't get their coaching structure in order. Ukraine have an inferior set of players, France already showed against Spain who they gave a good account of themselves, that they can give the big guns a good match. They have the talent, just need to curb the ego.

No need to weaken the competition by having inferior players, no matter how grouped or united they are, they are not at the required standard. There are already enough teams like that making up the numbers.

Lightning

Banned
My god that was a terrible post.
Nothing wrong with the post. The french players don't play like twats for their clubs, it's when they unite for their national team that it all turns to shit. I would still rather see superior players at the world cup though.

iVk0kXZ8Z4kOi.gif

That is more coaching than anything else. I don't think it fair for all the people of France to not get the chance to see their superior players at the world cup because France can't get their coaching structure in order.

Isn't fair? If France are that much better with better players, why can't they beat Ukraine in a 2 leg tie? Okay so they got Spain and practically every team will place second to them, but that doesn't mean they were eliminated due to Spain. They're in the playoffs and they have 2 chances to qualify.

Ukraine just beat them 2-0. They were not eliminated. They now have another chance to redeem themselves.

No need to weaken the competition by having inferior players, no matter how grouped or united they are, they are not at the required standard. There are already enough teams like that making up the numbers.

They are if they are currently the better team.

If France are shit despite having good players, that isn't going to magically change at the world cup. If you think the coaching is bad right now, do you think France are going to fire their coaching staff as soon as they qualify? No. A team full of good players doesn't make you a good team. Just look at Madrid. Look at City and compare them to Arsenal. You must surely think Arsenal will never win the title, and even if they do, you will surely say it's not fair because City have a better squad?

Are you saying The Fountain is a waste of time? Pls

Kipless has bad taste. We all know this.

Lightning

Banned
iVk0kXZ8Z4kOi.gif

Isn't fair? If France are that much better with better players, why can't they beat Ukraine in a 2 leg tie? Okay so they got Spain and practically every team will place second to them, but that doesn't mean they were eliminated due to Spain. They're in the playoffs and they have 2 chances to qualify.

Ukraine just beat them 2-0. They were not eliminated. They now have another chance to redeem themselves.

They are if they are currently the better team.

If France are shit despite having good players, that isn't going to magically change at the world cup. If you think the coaching is bad right now, do you think France are going to fire their coaching staff as soon as they qualify? No. A team full of good players doesn't make you a good team. Just look at Madrid. Look at City and compare them to Arsenal. You must surely think Arsenal will never win the title, and even if they do, you will surely say it's not fair because City have a better squad?
I see your point. I concede that if Ukraine can get past France tomorrow then they deserve it. It will just feel so strange without France there.

I never considered this could happen. I just thought they would blow past Ukraine no problem.

Top Bottom