• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

Wilbur

Banned
Venezia were in Serie A not too long ago weren't they? Went bankrupt though I think, administration.

They're in something like Serie C1, their stadium used to only be accessible by boat aha but I think they rent one now

Showaddy

Going to buy one after the next E3. Should be some decent games out by then too.

Hopefully there's no heating issues with the PS4.

Yeah even though it seems great how small the PS4 is compared to the Xbox, I'm really nervous about it getting hot. If there's problems they should have just made a massive box with a mega fan like the xbox.

Meier

Yeah even though it seems great how small the PS4 is compared to the Xbox, I'm really nervous about it getting hot. If there's problems they should have just made a massive box with a mega fan like the xbox.

It definitely runs pretty warm but not as bad as you might think. After awhile though, the fans or the drive get pretty loud.

pulga

Banned
WILBS DONT POST IN THIS THREAD ANYMORE

D7Uim8W.png

YOU ARE MARKED

YOU ARE THE BEAST

bud

oh god i called it cloud at last

cloud at last

i'm imagining the trailer for that film

cloud... at last

it ends with a shot of a cloud moving into the shot

i genuinely can't stop laughing at this shit what's wrong with me

Arnie

Beginning Boardwalk from scratch again, after giving up midway through the second season a couple years back.

Fuck, that pilot episode is so fucking good. That montage editing grabs me by the balls, one of the reasons I love The Godfather. Definite throwback.

Clegg

Beginning Boardwalk from scratch again, after giving up midway through the second season a couple years back.

Fuck, that pilot episode is so fucking good. That montage editing grabs me by the balls, one of the reasons I love The Godfather. Definite throwback.
It helps that it was directed by Scorcese.

oh god is it one of those movies? like Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy which was just fucking impossible to follow?

Keeps jumping between different moments in time, and the actors play multiple different characters in each moment of time, about 2 hours in and I have no idea what the hell is going on now haha

LTWheels

I got to the end of the 2nd season and then stopped watching it.

Not sure why I stopped. It's not that I didn't enjoy it. I was actually excited for the 3rd season, but when it started I wasn't in the mood to watch it.

I found you really need to be in the right mindset to watch the show. Because of it's slow pacing you can't just watch it on a whim.

Arnie

I got to the end of the 2nd season and then stopped watching it.

Not sure why I stopped. It's not that I didn't enjoy it. I was actually excited for the 3rd season, but when it started I wasn't in the mood to watch it.

I found you really need to be in the right mindset to watch the show. Because of it's slow pacing you can't just watch it on a whim.
I stopped because it was just dead slow.

Mad Men's my favourite show of all time, yet Boardwalk was too slow. Didn't help that I was watching it on Sky so there was a fucking advert break every six minutes or some shit, it just didn't move quick enough and I felt like I was wasting my time whilst everyone else was actually fucking doing something.

Really in the mood for it now, though. Gonna catch up to series 4.

pulga

Banned
I stopped because it was just dead slow.

Mad Men's my favourite show of all time, yet Boardwalk was too slow. Didn't help that I was watching it on Sky so there was a fucking advert break every six minutes or some shit, it just didn't move quick enough and I felt like I was wasting my time whilst everyone else was actually fucking doing something.

Really in the mood for it now, though. Gonna catch up to series 4.

Go for it, season 4 is shaping up to be the best one yet.

S4 > S2 > S1 > S3

Arnie

Go for it, season 4 is shaping up to be the best one yet.

S4 > S2 > S1 > S3

That's interesting, I've heard people say season 3 is really good.

Glad to hear that four is good despite that moment in the story (yes, I was spoiled by some c u n t).

Just read someone in the Mario OT say they've bought three Wii U games 'Day 1' despite not owning a Wii U. I think he was bragging. I'm not sure. It instantly made me want to go to sleep. There's some strange people knocking about. Stay safe.

arkon

oh god i called it cloud at last

cloud at last

i'm imagining the trailer for that film

cloud... at last

it ends with a shot of a cloud moving into the shot

i genuinely can't stop laughing at this shit what's wrong with me

you've been eating too much virgin pussy

L1NETT

Cloud Atlas is not a confusing film. The message practically slaps you across the face every 10 seconds.

The same actors playing different roles is more of an annoyance than it making it a hard film to follow.

Oh look, there is an asian Hugh Grant.

Wait, what?

Lose track of plot.

pulga

Banned
That's interesting, I've heard people say season 3 is really good.

Glad to hear that four is good despite that moment in the story (yes, I was spoiled by some c u n t).

Just read someone in the Mario OT say they've bought three Wii U games 'Day 1' despite not owning a Wii U. I think he was bragging. I'm not sure. It instantly made me want to go to sleep. There's some strange people knocking about. Stay safe.

Meh, season 3's villain was too one-note for me. Felt like a side story.

Haven't watched the latest episode so I'm not sure wtf happened that has everyone in a fit :lol just finished studying my last chapter so I'm about to get on it.

Hixx

kind of

some randomer came in the mumble and called me a 'fargut' saying it was his mumble

then wooden said something that had me genuinely in tears

Wesley pls, I don't think you're a gypsie living with 3 llamas in a van. That is all thoughts Mr Cola has put into my head, he indoctrinated me.

I know you're a tall blonde guy, with long hair and probably a well shaven chest.

Really hope this isn't the best Always Sunny could offer, because I laughed more watching Ranocchia in this game.
KuGsj.gif

i1ThXINbtWl2P.gif

Sounds like The Fountain :p

It really does.

Has anyone here watched Lost in Translation?

I've never seen anything like it, what a masterpiece. Sorta feel like Scarlett Johansson looked better at 17 than she does now.

One of my favorite movies. Soundtrack is great too.

Meier

Yurt, stick with Sunny. It's amazing. Season 8 was a bit disappointing but 9 (most recent) was maybe the best ever. So sad it's over.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
first 2 episodes of Almost Human>>>>the entirety of The Walking Turd.

Karl Urban is a great actor.

Man, the Sopranos is fucking brilliant stuff. Just finished S2, holy shit what an episode.

Also, Arnie, get on with Boardwalk. Slow burn, yes, but just like the Wire: "All the pieces matter" Wonderful show.

Top Bottom