• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

FootballFan

The only place where you can be yourself and not get banned. If Wooden posted his dumb pictures anywhere else he'd have to be posting with his alt right now.

Jupp, that is definitely true.

Not that the rules don't apply here or anything, but yeah I know what you mean. If Wilbs posted about his hairy anus someone would report it outside of here lol.

Zabojnik

iVk0kXZ8Z4kOi.gif

scarlet.gif

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'm watching Cloud Atlas atm, what the fuck is going on

It's one of those 'brilliant idea - bad execution' movies. I wasn't lost or anything, but the actual stories ranged from 'not good' to 'catastrophically boring'.

But in retrospect I think I appreciated the experience.
KuGsj.gif

got mugged at knifepoint today. really fucking grateful I didn't bring my wallet with me, just some cash and and my phone.... but ugh, super pissed right now
JTB NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

If it was an iPhone, then he did you a favor. Be thankful.
So, Homeland is back to being shit again. This latest episode was beyond ridiculous.

Really?! I quite liked the episode! Spoiler
except for Carrie's braindead moment.

kunt aguero

He really is, and always was.

And welcome zinder. :)

That is more coaching than anything else. I don't think it fair for all the people of France to not get the chance to see their superior players at the world cup because France can't get their coaching structure in order. Ukraine have an inferior set of players, France already showed against Spain who they gave a good account of themselves, that they can give the big guns a good match. They have the talent, just need to curb the ego.

No need to weaken the competition by having inferior players, no matter how grouped or united they are, they are not at the required standard. There are already enough teams like that making up the numbers.

Fuck this post. Fuck it so hard up the arse it needs surgery for a ruptured small intestine.

I'd honestly jizz myself silly for a Nintendo-Sony collaberation, either console or handheld. So many games I've missed because I never found any of the Nintendo system's libraries quite interesting enough to justify the price of the console

Gambit

It's one of those 'brilliant idea - bad execution' movies. I wasn't lost or anything, but the actual stories ranged from 'not good' to 'catastrophically boring'.

But in retrospect I think I appreciated the experience.
KuGsj.gif

It fell a little short of greatness, but it was still incredible how they managed to intercut such different narratives. I really liked it for its ambition.

I'd much rather have an ambitious movie that falls a little short than a mediocre film executed competently.

I just checked on my PS3. You get a separate message each time and can't see the other recipients.

Alright. Well everyone in that group I'm pretty sure either have access to a Vita, the PS App or will get a PS4 except for you!

Anyway, for some reason I can't kick you so your only solution is to either buy a PS4, buy a Vita or just download the PS and get out that way.

Yen

That is more coaching than anything else. I don't think it fair for all the people of France to not get the chance to see their superior players at the world cup because France can't get their coaching structure in order. Ukraine have an inferior set of players, France already showed against Spain who they gave a good account of themselves, that they can give the big guns a good match. They have the talent, just need to curb the ego.

No need to weaken the competition by having inferior players, no matter how grouped or united they are, they are not at the required standard. There are already enough teams like that making up the numbers.
This is a real "football is dead/my team had more shots on target/moral victors" post.

sohois

I'm an hour into this movie

jc4whdYgBqWRU_e.jpg

The fuck is this shit?

Do you really need it spelt out?

The theme of the plot is:

(Cloud Atlas spoiler, I guess)

Reincarnation/Past Lives etc.

There you go. Be confused no more.

Make sure to buy the soundtrack after you're done watching.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
It fell a little short of greatness, but it was still incredible how they managed to intercut such different narratives. I really liked it for its ambition.

I'd much rather have an ambitious movie that falls a little short than a mediocre film executed competently.

Absolutely!

The Conjuring ugh$#%OJA

bjaelke

Alright. Well everyone in that group I'm pretty sure either have access to a Vita, the PS App or will get a PS4 except for you!

Anyway, for some reason I can't kick you so your only solution is to either buy a PS4, buy a Vita or just download the PS and get out that way.

I am getting a PS4 and I already have the PS app. Just had to check how the messages were displayed on the PS3 because I was curious.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Eriksen out for 3+ months with an ankle injury??

Seems he will be out for a while, yeah. We would have heard a prognosis from the club by now if it was a minor injury.

We have enough players to cope, Lamela, Holtby, Sigurdsson, Chadli and Dembele can all play in Eriksen's position if needs must. We could play Adebayor as a second striker as well.

TeddyBoy

This is only my second ever post on Neogaf and my first in FootyGaf. I'm going watching England vs. Germany today at Wembley and I really hope England win :p

But going by our team selection we won't :'(

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
FM:

I won Serie A (literally in the last 10 mins of the last game) but finished last in my CL group, lol.

Llorente was named Serie A Player of the Year for scoring 21 goals in 33 games.
TTsJGkc.gif

OH and I broke the bank for Cuadrado and he was worth every penny.
3AQmK.gif

This is only my second ever post on Neogaf and my first in FootyGaf.

We're honoured, Sir.

Zabojnik

FM:

I won Serie A (literally in the last 10 mins of the last game) but finished last in my CL group, lol.

Llorente was named Serie A Player of the Year for scoring 21 goals in 33 games.
TTsJGkc.gif

I broke the bank for Cuadrado and he was worth every penny.
3AQmK.gif

Reality pls.

This is only my second ever post on Neogaf and my first in FootyGaf. I'm going watching England vs. Germany today at Wembley and I really hope England win :p

But going by our team selection we won't :'(

England will win comfortably. We have the best team and best manager in the world. I can't wait until we win the World Cup next year and Roy is finally knighted and James Milner becomes the white Puskas.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Reality pls.

mgs8gwy.gif

Alright reality: We'll get the maximum 27 points before our clash with Roma

Genoa, Catania, Parma, Napoli, Livorno, Udinese, Bologna, Sassuolo, and Atalanta = 15 points left.

Worst case scenario is 24 points, really.

TeddyBoy

We're honoured, Sir.

Thank you Yurt :p

England will win comfortably. We have the best team and best manager in the world. I can't wait until we win the World Cup next year and Roy is finally knighted and James Milner becomes the white Puskas.

LOL At least here, people realise how bad Milner is, he's terrible for England and City, how he gets on the teamsheet is baffling :S

And England will do what they always do in world cups, quarterfinals then a defeat to Germany, it is written :p

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
So Croatian wonderkid Halilovic is still hinting that he could join Tottenham.

Gazzetta say that Tottenham have given the youngster instructions to be calm and not give much away when speaking about his future but he's young and can't help it.

"There was a time this summer, that I thought I was very close to a club, but I can not say which one."

Gazzetta have no doubt this was Tottenham and ask Halilovic if the club he was close to remains the favourite to sign him, he simply replies "Yes,", leading the Italian newspaper to think he's off to Spurs next summer, which in a roundabout way is similar to some of the claims in Croatia last summer of him making the move to Tottenham when he's 18.

@Milanello said:
Milan could decide to build a new stadium in the Expo 2015 area, despite the €60m spent on improving San Siro for the 2016 CL final.
@Milanello said:
The new amendment to the stability law regarding sporting structures will be presented today
@Milanello said:
Milan could sell Vergara, Zapata and Zaccardo, and sign Astori, leaving Milan with 5 CB's: Rami, Mexes, Astori, Bonera, Silvestre. Milan could ask Mexes to spread out his €4m salary over 2 years (like Bonera did) as a part of the 1-year contract extension to 2016.
Oh God, too many decent news in a few hours, I'm not feeling so well.

Pls stop Milanello, we're not used to that anymore.

--

Seems like Galliani will leave in December and not in May due to economic stuff, so we might have some sort of new board in January. Pradè (currently works with Fiorentina) might take his place. He'll never be another Gold Tie, but he's good too. Just bring Montella with you as well.

Surprisingly good news for Milan. Man, this is so weird.

FM: Ibra scored a brace on Chelsea in a CL final.

*uninstalling*
Bonucci scored a hattrick in a CL Final, vs Manchester City, in my online game.

FM is the most unrealistic game ever.

Peco

Seems like Galliani will leave in December and not in May due to economic stuff, so we might have some sort of new board in January. Pradè (currently works with Fiorentina) might take his place. He'll never be another Gold Tie, but he's good too. Just bring Montella with you as well.

Pradè is really good given the circumstances. He's the complete opposite of Galliani since he knows how to manage not very large budgets. Also, we'll finally get rid of one of the aspect I hate most about our club: "friendship relationships". Fuck Preziosi, fuck Perez, fuck all the greedy FIFA agents, fuck Raiola. The way Galliani does the signings is archaic and a little bit mafia style.
Braida is also useless, and Gandini too but I don't know, he could stay but he needs to get his shit straight.
And for the love of dog, get rid of Allegri. Inzaghi is the right man, but motherfucking Berlu is still thinking about Seedork.
Changing the board is good, but the choice of the next coach is crucial as well. All I know is that I have a bad feeling about it.

Top Bottom