• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

Kassu

Banned
Is there going to be any good Serie A matches this weekend? After this international break I really want to see something actually interesting.

Also BF4 campaign is a joke. I have never seen so many glitches and crashes in a already released game. Helicopter just got stuck in the air and after that the game crashed and now it wants to me to start the whole mission from the beginning. Still better than the campaign in BF3 though.

Kinan

This is only my second ever post on Neogaf and my first in FootyGaf. I'm going watching England vs. Germany today at Wembley and I really hope England win :p

But going by our team selection we won't :'(

Quick, before its too late, tune your TV to watch a France-Ukraine match instead. You gotta watch only quality football, as long as you are posting in FootyGaf.

you also do not really want to see what those big nasty germans will do with english boys today, do you?

And Cloud Atlas is awesome, wasn't so impressed by a movie since a long, long time.

dc89

uWWr6z4.jpg

Is that Boateng with the silly look and stupid glasses?
What a cunt.

Kassu

Banned
That's like saying that a turd is better than a turd with vomit and dog poop on top.
That is probably the best way to describe it. At least multiplayer is really good this time and maps are actually fun to play. Didn't really enjoy BF3 multiplayer for some reason.

Is there going to be any good Serie A matches this weekend? After this international break I really want to see something actually interesting.

If you want to see a potential upset, watch Milan-Genoa. We haven't been playing well but I think we may do enough to overcome mighty Genoa. Expect a surprising 1-0 after a Balotelli (pen.).

Oh God, too many decent news in a few hours, I'm not feeling so well.

Pls stop Milanello, we're not used to that anymore.

--

Seems like Galliani will leave in December and not in May due to economic stuff, so we might have some sort of new board in January. Pradè (currently works with Fiorentina) might take his place. He'll never be another Gold Tie, but he's good too. Just bring Montella with you as well.

Surprisingly good news for Milan. Man, this is so weird.

Wow, all this news would be great if true. I don't buy the stadium rumor though, makes no sense to invest that kind of money and then abandon San Siro. I think once Inturd leaves, we will buy San Siro and modernize it by getting rid of the third deck and upgrading the facilities.

Pradè is really good given the circumstances. He's the complete opposite of Galliani since he knows how to manage not very large budgets. Also, we'll finally get rid of one of the aspect I hate most about our club: "friendship relationships". Fuck Preziosi, fuck Perez, fuck all the greedy FIFA agents, fuck Raiola. The way Galliani does the signings is archaic and a little bit mafia style.
Braida is also useless, and Gandini too but I don't know, he could stay but he needs to get his shit straight.
And for the love of dog, get rid of Allegri. Inzaghi is the right man, but motherfucking Berlu is still thinking about Seedork.
Changing the board is good, but the choice of the next coach is crucial as well. All I know is that I have a bad feeling about it.
The friendship crap helped us from time to time, but if we have to use that for every single player than there's clearly something wrong. Braida has been useless since 2003, when he brought Kakà in, I can't honestly remember another player that was clearly discovered and brought in by him in the past ten years.
Gandini should stay imho, it's not like he has a lot of power in the market stuff (he said that a lot of time on Twitter) and his role is mostly related to PR and preparing side stuff (which shirt should we use, etc.) for our matches.
Allegri is pretty much gone, we just have to wait and see if he's leaving now or in June. But he's gone, next season we'll change everything. I agree on Seedorf, he should stay the fuck away from our bench until he has had at least a couple of years as a manager for a random team. I'd say the same thing about Inzaghi, but at least he already has done two seasons with our youth teams.
Wow, all this news would be great if true. I don't buy the stadium rumor though, makes no sense to invest that kind of money and then abandon San Siro. I think once Inturd leaves, we will buy San Siro and modernize it by getting rid of the third deck and upgrading the facilities.
I don't know which is better, if getting rid of San Siro or building a new one. San Siro is really old, and when you compare it to the Juventus Stadium you really feel the difference. It's not just the stadium alone, everything around it is awful (the parking lot, for example), it's not a good neighbourhood and it lacks a lot of modern stuff you'll find elsewhere.
Then again, it's our stadium and we should keep it as long as we can. Modernizing it should cost less and we'd still keep a piece of Italian football history.

Clegg

Kind of funny that Giroud has been dropped. Just yesterday he was talking about how he'd die for the French jersey if it meant getting to the world cup.

Suen

Sad though, innit.

France is a "heavyweight" at least in terms of names, I'd have loved to have seen their players (and future players) on the world stage. Not to take anything away from Ukraine, really big achievement for those guys.
Used to love watch France playing. Then Zidane and Barthez disappeared, then Thuram and Henry and I stopped caring because none of the new players were good enough to replace them.

GorillaJu

Raging so hard at FM right now.

I started back at the Witcher 2. Shit is a bit complicated. I'm like 4 hours in, just got to Flotsam. It sure is purdy.

Milan pls, all I want is to see you finish above Inter. Is it too much to ask?

Regarding Inzaghi, isn't it too soon for him to manage a massive club like Milan? He needs a bit of time in Serie B.
That's true. Then again, if I have to choose between him and Seedorf I'd pick Pippo everytime. And at this point, it seems like they're the only candidates.
Of own goals, surely.
Nope
KuGsj.gif

sohois

Earlier I remarked on how poor I thought of the new UI design for 2014 (compared to the last entry I played, 2011), but felt I would get used to it in time.

Having just put in a fair amount of time with the game, I can safely say that no, it is not something to get used to. It really is an absolutely abysmal UI. What fucker designed this fucking shit? Completely putting me off the whole game, having put hundreds of hours into 09 & 11.

It fell a little short of greatness, but it was still incredible how they managed to intercut such different narratives. I really liked it for its ambition.

I'd much rather have an ambitious movie that falls a little short than a mediocre film executed competently.

The book was better.
I've not seen the film.

Jubern

Nice. I'll be waking up at 4.45 am here to watch the game. I WANT TO BELIEVE.
Surprisingly enough, France Football almost doesn't talk of the first leg in today's edition. It's for the better I suppose.

They do have, however, a lengthy (and interesting) feature about the conflict between FIFPro and FIFA, which could have huge repercussions...

Wilbur

Banned
Cloud Atlas looks like one of those dense fuckers that takes you half a decade to read it and then follow up on Wikipedia to understand. I'll stick to my Viz annuals thank you.

bud

it's too bad ibra's playing in france. i hardly ever see him unless it's a ten second clip of yet another one of his crazy goals.

sohois

Cloud Atlas looks like one of those dense fuckers that takes you half a decade to read it and then follow up on Wikipedia to understand. I'll stick to my Viz annuals thank you.

And by Viz Annuals, you actually mean Biff and Chip books, right?

I have no idea if biff and chip is still a thing or if other UK posters will even know what i mean by that

Wilbur

Banned
And by Viz Annuals, you actually mean Biff and Chip books, right?

I have no idea if biff and chip is still a thing or if other UK posters will even know what i mean by that

BIFF AND CHIPPPP dat magic key

But no haha, I certainly mean viz. Got fucking piles of annuals of it. I'm particularly fond of Buster Gonad & his unfeasibly large testicles, if only because it reminds me of what it's like to live with my brother

Pogba news

Vieira, who is Elite Development Squad manager at the Etihad Stadium, told L'Equipe: "He's a player I really like.

"I saw him play for Manchester United and to not have signed him when he left that club was a mistake because he is an extraordinary player.

"Many tell me that (he plays like I used to). I think he is more attacking than me and perhaps more technically skilled."

Why the fuck would he have gone to city?

cremino

The friendship crap helped us from time to time, but if we have to use that for every single player than there's clearly something wrong. Braida has been useless since 2003, when he brought Kakà in, I can't honestly remember another player that was clearly discovered and brought in by him in the past ten years.
Gandini should stay imho, it's not like he has a lot of power in the market stuff (he said that a lot of time on Twitter) and his role is mostly related to PR and preparing side stuff (which shirt should we use, etc.) for our matches.
Allegri is pretty much gone, we just have to wait and see if he's leaving now or in June. But he's gone, next season we'll change everything. I agree on Seedorf, he should stay the fuck away from our bench until he has had at least a couple of years as a manager for a random team. I'd say the same thing about Inzaghi, but at least he already has done two seasons with our youth teams.

I don't know which is better, if getting rid of San Siro or building a new one. San Siro is really old, and when you compare it to the Juventus Stadium you really feel the difference. It's not just the stadium alone, everything around it is awful (the parking lot, for example), it's not a good neighbourhood and it lacks a lot of modern stuff you'll find elsewhere.
Then again, it's our stadium and we should keep it as long as we can. Modernizing it should cost less and we'd still keep a piece of Italian football history.

I thought that Inter And Milan wanted to buy the abandoned hippodrome near the stadium and renovate San Siro

I thought that Inter And Milan wanted to buy the abandoned hippodrome near the stadium and renovate San Siro

There's been a lot of talking lately, buying the hippodrome was something that has been discussed but as of today there's nothing more. However, I think that whoever buys San Siro will end up buying the hippodrome as well and try to modernize the entire area and not just the stadium itself.

Top Bottom