• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

Suen

Oh we're playing against Napoli away this week. Good to know that we have three easy points prepared this week for us after this break.

Hixx

Wait Danny Higginbotham played for Gibraltar?

KuGsj.gif

Quick word for the french team..
They made like their best match in 3 years ..i'm very happy they qualify for bresil.

Hoping they will keep up for later ( even if i doubt that )

Marc

England'ers, who would your Brazil XI be? And squad if you feel like it. :)

I would go full on experimentation and build for the Euros as we have no chance so why not.

4-3-2-1 seems best suited to the players we have.

Forster (Butland/Hart)

Jenkinson (Clyne/Richards?) Jones (Caulker) Chalobah (Smalling) Shaw (Gibbs)

Ward-Prowse (Rodwell?) Wilshere (McEachran)

Chamberlain (Townsend) Barkley (Morrison/Powell/Lingard) Sterling (Zaha/Ince?)

Sturridge (Welbeck)

Well thats pretty awful actually, a lot of potential talent, very few of them getting any chance at the top level. Some massive holes in there, like at DM, which is a vital position to any winning team IMO. Especially at international level where ball retention is key to winning anything. I used to watch every England youth game available and championship games but with a daughter and apathy for England I am ignorant bar the odd game I watch now at those levels. So maybe missing someone obvious.

Carbonox

Oi I'm going to move to Gibraltar, play in their shitty Sunday League nonsense and get a call-up to the national team as their greatest CB in history
since May

Wilbur

Banned
England'ers, who would your Brazil XI be? And squad if you feel like it. :)

Might as well pick our best team and give the old guard one last go. Start afresh after. The World Cup is no place to start blooding kids I think.

HART (Ruddy/Forster)

Dependant on Hart's form/appearance rate for City. If it's still shitty then go for Forster.

JOHNSON (Walker)
JONES (Cahill)
JAGIELKA (Dawson)
BAINES (Cole)

Should try all out to get Terry back, after this World Cup drop Cole and bring in Gibbs with Shaw making the odd appearance. Clyne too. Smalling needs to take a bit of time out.

CARRICK (Barry)
GERRARD (Lampard)

Barry's been in good form this year. Fuck Lampard. Last ditch when we need a goal.

WALCOTT (Townsend)
LALLANA (Henderson)
WILSHERE (Welbeck)

Probably come a little early for Rodriguez but he should defo be in post WC squads. Milner will be in the squad though instead of Barry or Hendo. Sigh.

ROONEY (Sturridge)

Might be a bit risky going to the World Cup with only three strikers, one of which is Welbz, but meh. Maybe drop Lampard for another striker. Not Defoe. Lambert I guess.

Against Ronaldo? :lol I never say anything against him, oh wait I did say Messi is the best, maybe for you that's comment against Ronaldo...
Well, maybe you didn´t. There were so many people shitting on Portugal and Ronaldo that´s hard to keep up.

Wilbur

Banned
As for the draw, best we can hope for is Switzerland, Honduras and Algeria.

We'll come second behind Switzerland and then lose to any good side in the next round on penalties after defending resolutely for two hours.

Might as well pick our best team and give the old guard one last go. Start afresh after. The World Cup is no place to start blooding kids I think.

HART (Ruddy/Forster)

Dependant on Hart's form/appearance rate for City. If it's still shitty then go for Forster.

JOHNSON (Walker)
JONES (Cahill)
JAGIELKA (Dawson)
BAINES (Cole)

Should try all out to get Terry back, after this World Cup drop Cole and bring in Gibbs with Shaw making the odd appearance. Clyne too. Smalling needs to take a bit of time out.

CARRICK (Barry)
GERRARD (Lampard)

Barry's been in good form this year. Fuck Lampard. Last ditch when we need a goal.

WALCOTT (Townsend)
LALLANA (Henderson)
WILSHERE (Welbeck)

Probably come a little early for Rodriguez but he should defo be in post WC squads. Milner will be in the squad though instead of Barry or Hendo. Sigh.

ROONEY (Sturridge)

Might be a bit risky going to the World Cup with only three strikers, one of which is Welbz, but meh. Maybe drop Lampard for another striker. Not Defoe. Lambert I guess.

Why did you bold all the garbage players?

Yen

Accidentally overwrite my gta save file for the second time, from 55% to 45. It's only then do you realise the boring nature of missions and the awful writing.

Switzerland. Underestimate them. They're seeded for a reason

Because they play well in friendlies.

Here's what the rankings would be if friendlies didn't count.

1 Spain 4718 (-)
2 Germany 4172 (-)
3 Argentina 3957 (-)
4 Netherlands 3599 (+4)
5 Brazil 3313 (+6)
6 Italy 3239 (+2)
7 Uruguay 3182 (-1)
8 Chile 2978 (+4)
9 England 2959 (+1)
10 Switzerland 2783 (-3)
11 Portugal 2695 (+3)
12 Denmark 2665 (+14)
13 Greece 2650 (+2)
14 USA 2626 (-1)
15 Belgium 2475 (-10)
16 Russia 2395 (+3)
17 France 2381 (+4)
18 Mexico 2380 (+6)
19 Croatia 2343 (-1)
20 Ghana 2342 (+3)
21 Colombia 2295 (-17)
22 Japan 2238 (+22)
23 Cote d'Ivoire 2175 (-6)
24 Bosnia-Herzegovina 2159 (-8)
25 Sweden 2049 (-)
26 Serbia 2008 (+2)
27 Paraguay 1946 (+22)
28 Slovenia 1807 (+2)
29 Norway 1797 (+18)
30 Hungary 1788 (+13)

At least they're not as big a fraud as Colombia. Lol Andres.

Wilbur

Banned
It's dissapointing that Russia won't have a chance to destroy Woy's Boys until the knockout rounds
, since neither will make it out of the group.

I'd love to see the look on Capello's face if we won, imagine. It'd be fucking gorgeous.

Tell me you don't want to see it.

You can't.

You'd take the defeat just to see it.

I know it baby.

I'd love to see the look on Capello's face if we won, imagine. It'd be fucking gorgeous.

Tell me you don't want to see it.

You can't.

You'd take the defeat just to see it.

I know it baby.

Capello always has the same look on his face anyway.
image.php

I want us to elimate to Italy to see what Capello would do. Hoping for some Hiddink style fist pumps circa Euro 2008 when we shit on Netherlands.

pulga

Banned
As for the draw, best we can hope for is Switzerland, Honduras and Algeria.

We'll come second behind Switzerland and then lose to any good side in the next round on penalties after defending resolutely for two hours.

Best hope for Costa Rica you clit, we'll run 5 sided triangles around your non existent midfield.

Top Bottom