• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

Scum

Problem is with Lallana, you move him infield and theoretically that's Rooney's position. So play Rooney up front and you have to drop Sturridge who could be very good for us if he builds a rapport with Roo.

I'd rather play Rooney up front though to be honest. Lallana probably the best candidate to play behind him at the moment. If it was moi:

Hart; Johnson, Jones, Jagielka, Baines; Carrick, Gerrard; Walcott, Lallana/Wilshere, Lallana/Wilshere; Rooney

Hart is there by default, Johnson I prefer to Walker, Cahill is gash, we should try and get Terry out of international retirement, Baines better going forward, rest are pretty self explanatory.

What nonsense is this, Wilbury? Nothing but fucking mediocrity is all I see. Can't wait for the World Cup.

feel

As a madeirense myself born one month appart in the same hospital as CR7, reading all the praise on r/soccer (and footy-gaf) is making me misty eyed. Goddamn.

Fuckin incredible. Portuguese radio is the best.

Audio from radio + HD visual stream = GOAT.
We used to mute the TV during games and hear the radio commentary instead when I was a kid back in Portugal, it was the best thing. Can't pull it off without it being annoyingly out of sync here in Venezuela with the slightly delayed satelite HD television or radio streams.

Scum

Oh it is. But icant think of anything better haha. All fucking sucks.

I'll tell what would have been better. But that change should have happened 5 years ago when Engerland failed to qualify for Euro '08. All these usual suspects we see time and time again for the national team shouldn't be there. Well, except Rooney. After this World Cup, sling 'em all.
"Second string" players from most national teams will walk into English national team in a blink of an eye. I hope England NT get exposed for the backwards arse footballing nation they are. Hopefully by Capello's Russia.

tumblr_mfq0biyTFK1qgb7q2o1_500.gif

I'll tell what would have been better. But that change should have happened 5 years ago when Engerland failed to qualify for Euro '08. All these usual suspects we see time and time again for the national team shouldn't be there. Well, except Rooney. After this World Cup, sling 'em all.
"Second string" players from most national teams will walk into English national team in a blink of an eye. I hope England NT get exposed for the backwards arse footballing nation they are. Hopefully by Capello's Russia.

You are my favourite poster.

In Andres' absense.

Timurid

tumblr_mfq0biyTFK1qgb7q2o1_500.gif

such a good film.

I hope Portugal gets trash in the world cup and that baby bitch ronaldo starts crying.

Wilbur

Banned
Hodgson:

The manager was dismissive when it was pointed out England had not managed a single shot on target. "What about Townsend's shot that hit the post?" he asked. "Is that not on target? I rest my case.

I can't breathe

Well one thing is sure, this is shaping up to be one awesome World Cup.

I've been following them closely since 1998 and I don't remember there ever being so many competitive teams, average quality seems through the roof this time around. South American teams will especially be very tough to handle.

Anyway, do we really need four teams from North America? Seems way too many. Same for Africa imo. I understand it's a matter of representing different areas of the world but it's a shame not to see Ibra in Brazil to watch Costa Rica get their 5-0 beating against Germany.

arkon

Well one thing is sure, this is shaping up to be one awesome World Cup.

I've been following them closely since 1998 and I don't remember there ever being so many competitive teams, average quality seems through the roof this time around. South American teams will especially be very tough to handle.

Anyway, do we really need four teams from North America? Seems way too many. Same for Africa imo. I understand it's a matter of representing different areas of the world but it's a shame not to see Ibra in Brazil to watch Costa Rica get their 5-0 beating against Germany.

This is where my patented World Cup league would have had great benefits.

Anything can happen, that´s the beauty of football. Who, in 2002, expected that the previous World Cup winners, France, would be beaten in the opening match by a Senegal side who was full of unknowns at the time?
Sure it´s a shame that Ibra won´t be in Brazil but his team had two chances to qualify and they failed both times. Ibra was completely invisible in the match in Portugal, he just didn´t do enough.

Yen

Anything can happen, that´s the beauty of football. Who, in 2002, expected that the previous World Cup winners, France, would be beaten in the opening match by a Senegal side who was full of unknowns at the time? .

Salif Daio
El-Hadji Diouf
*cries*

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
Just watched the Sweden - Portugal game. Great stuff. Messi has deserved player of the year the last few but I wouldn't debate that it belongs to Ronaldo this time around.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Lets be fair, though, Portugal should've finished 1st in group. They were in a really weak group, good players don't just show up in playoff ties they show during the group stage too. Ronaldo was fairly anonymous during the group stage.

Sweden defense was garbage during this playoff tie, the amount of space they left behind was ridiculous specially considering that when the 2-1 was scored there were at least 20 more minutes to go, plenty of time for Sweden to look for 3-1 in a more calm way.

Still good match from Ronaldo, but hardly worth a balon d'or. Still the most in-form player in the world right now.

Lets be fair, though, Portugal should've finished 1st in group. They were in a really weak group, good players don't just show up in playoff ties they show during the group stage too. Ronaldo was fairly anonymous during the group stage

Portugal is a similar level team to Russia. It's not really a surprise that Portugal finished 2nd.

Wilbur

Banned
He did. or are you so salty about his talents?

Haters gonna hate.

What a shit post :lol

Salty and haters gonna hate in one post, Jesus.

He said the World Cup is not worth watching because he isn't in it, that a World Cup without Zlatan is one he will not be following. Am I 'salty' that Zlatan is salty?

The only salty thing here is Zlatan having to guzzle infinite amounts of Ronaldo's thick cum

feel

He said the World Cup is not worth watching because he isn't in it, that a World Cup without Zlatan is one he will not be following. Am I 'salty' that Zlatan is salty?

The only salty thing here is Zlatan having to guzzle infinite amounts of Ronaldo's thick cum
Seems like some Zlatan style humor to me, I wouldn't take it so seriously.

Wilbur

Banned
Seems like some Zlatan style humor to me, I wouldn't take it so seriously.

Oh I'm not taking it too seriously. But there's enough evidence to know he believes it.

Like I give a dildo what Zlatan thinks haha. But "bloody legend he CLAPPED" is a tad far when he proves himself a wank tart both pre and post game.

Lightning

Banned
Overall the best teams went through and that's how it should be.

Come World Cup time only Netherlands results matter. Everyone else can do one. I just wanted the best players at the World Cup , Portugal aside since their a team of cunts, but oh well. I hope Portugal draw Brazil, the twats.

faridmon

Well this tells more about you than anything else really.
Zlatan is personality and its not really worth to get upset by anything that he may find it humorous by saying it.

Even, if he meant it, so fucking what? He is a great player and he has the right to say whatever he wants because he earned it.

Like I said, Too bad Sweden is shit, or He would have done much better at international level.

Top Bottom