• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

[Fugo]

Brazil is going to destroy this WC, such a good squad they have, they might be missing a true organizer in midfield or a pure and world class 9 (Diego Costa would've been this 9) but do they even need them? Brazil plays a counterattacking football so all they need are speedy forwards (which they have) and players with good long ball pass (which they also have). GK is probably their weakest point, Julio Ceasar is prone to a howler or 2 which against a really good team you can't afford, so we'll see.

To me they are favorites, though.

They're so favourites hell will break loose when the Maracanaço 2 happens

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
First I hear of this 5-day rule. Livorno - Juve is looking more and more like a draw or 'surprise' defeat match for us. I don't really care right now, to be honest. All that matters is beating Woodenhaven.

Lichtsteiner and Marchisio are missing the game too. -_-

So we're looking at:

Ashton Kutcher--------------Isla
-----Peluso--Chiellini--Caceres-----

Fucking horrible, but it's Livorno, so I'm not too fussed about it.

Ronaldo will go down as one of the greatest of all time as well, with the caveat that he was never the best of the era.

We should add Gabriel Batistuta too then!

RIGHT [FUGO]?
your brackets ruined it

Batigol

Banned
Lichtsteiner and Marchisio are missing the game too. -_-

So we're looking at:

Ashton Kutcher--------------Isla
-----Peluso--Chiellini--Caceres-----

Fucking horrible, but it's Livorno, so I'm not too fussed about it.

RIGHT [FUGO]?
your brackets ruined it

Pffft, Batistuta is Messi and
fat
Ronaldo is Ronaldo in this case!

First I hear of this 5-day rule. Livorno - Juve is looking more and more like a draw or 'surprise' defeat match for us. I don't really care right now, to be honest. All that matters is beating Woodenhaven.

Pls. Daniel Braaten - the chubby king of Scandinavia, is going to take care of business.

iCOlMnkgqTZyW.gif

i3wHRSXXy46eZ.gif

ibdl87TPZ3cTC5.gif

[Fugo]

RIGHT [FUGO]?
your brackets ruined it

;_; I still miss him after so many years.
In some sense he's still unrivaled, in the way he forced his way through to score.... other might have had more talent overall but he was unique,l and I dare to say no current player resembles him

Scum

Pale Blue Dot - You are here.

PaleBlueDot.jpg

Forgive me Kaz for I have sinned

PYO4XWA.jpg

Do GAME give you the Reward points when the items are dispatched?

Will buy Zelda on Friday or Saturday from Sainsburys

The Last of Us The One of Us

I haven't seen much of the new Mario game but it's probably a step back from galaxy

NO
DICE

Wilbur, pls.
Sales = Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 > Super Mario 3D World
Everything else = Super Mario 3D World > Super Mario Galaxy

Scum

Why though? What's different about it

Wilbur, Wilbur, Wilbur.
You play a fair share of games from the dev Gods at Nintendo to know by now that reading about and staring at screenshots and .gifs do no justice.

I can't make a list. Just play the damn thing if, and when, you get the chance to.

Scum

Can you imagine what would happen if Argentina beat them in the final? I mean it's not going to happen, but just think about it for a second. Imagine Messi scoring the decisive goal in the last minute.

All after beating Portugal at some point in the tournament as well.

Forza reviews all over the place. Metacritic is becoming more and more useless as reviewers start to factor in their genre preference and priorities into their scores

edit: :(

Portugeezer

Damn dat sexy PS Vita just arrived. Ready for that PS4 remote play goodness.

So far I am not seeing what is special about an OLED screen, looks nice but people hyped that shit to death.

Wilbur, Wilbur, Wilbur.
You play a fair share of games from the dev Gods at Nintendo to know by now that reading about and staring at screenshots and .gifs do no justice.

I can't make a list. Just play the damn thing if, and when, you get the chance to.

He doesn't play enough games tbf, still more than Khamra probably.

Salvadora

Playing Spyro 2 on my Vita, this game is much better than Spyro. Also have the fire and horn attacks mapped to the R and L buttons respectively :D
I'm fully serious in saying that my desire for a Vita stems from wanting to play the Spyro trilogy.

Games like that don't get made anymore, 3D platformers in general outside of Nintendo have died. Gaming is dead.

Last question for the hour:

Is there a way of hooking the 3DS up to a TV to play it on a larger screen? (not necessarily fullscreen)

edit@Wooden, I'll fucking burn Atlus down to the ground if it's that. It's been like 6 years since P4

Hixx

Last question for the hour:

Is there a way of hooking the 3DS up to a TV to play it on a larger screen? (not necessarily fullscreen)

edit@Wooden, I'll fucking burn Atlus down to the ground if it's that. It's been like 6 years since P4

Isn't the 3ds like 240p

why would you do that?

Wouldn't Ryse getting 7s result in more meltdowns considering the slant of the board and backlash against the game?

If it gets 9s - meltdown, crow-eating, bans everywhere, Gies-abuse, Polygobsession
If it gets 5s - lols galore, bans everywhere, Crytek-abuse
If it gets 7s - meh on both sides

Ideal scenario - 5s across the board except for an 8 from Gies :p

@LTWheels, yeah :(

Starting to feel like the developers themselves think that P4 was lightning in a bottle (though I have no idea how popular P1-3 were)

Scum

PS4 exclusive. Master race forever in next gen shadow. Be happy with shitty EA ports locked to 30 fps and Ubisoft games with shit ton of bugs and crap performance.
Get bent. Have fun pissing away full price for a half arsed manufactured tripe from EA.

I don't get the obsession over meltdowns. You guys are horribly mean, espcially when Scum says it. God damn Nintendo fanboys.

tumblr_mfq0biyTFK1qgb7q2o1_500.gif

Elchele

Can you imagine what would happen if Argentina beat them in the final? I mean it's not going to happen, but just think about it for a second. Imagine Messi scoring the decisive goal in the last minute.

I would like that to happen, can't image how crazy it would get here

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Kipless said:
I don't get the obsession over meltdowns. You guys are horribly mean, espcially when Scum says it. God damn Nintendo fanboys.

YOATR8E.gif

PS4 exclusive. Master race forever in next gen shadow. Be happy with shitty EA ports locked to 30 fps and Ubisoft games with shit ton of bugs and crap performance.

The-Witcher-3-Wild-Hunt-6.jpg

consoles will melt

tears will be shed (and licked)

Dibbz

Get bent. Have fun pissing away full price for a half arsed manufactured tripe from EA.

You mean like what you master race guy are already doing? LOL 6GB to even run CoD:Doge edition. BF4 crashes. Have fun trying to run games through uplay and origin.

The-Witcher-3-Wild-Hunt-6.jpg

consoles will melt

tears will be shed (and licked)
Ahhh Witcher 3. I can't wait to play it on PS4 then continue it on Vita in bed :)

witcher%203%20vita.jpg

arkon

There's a load of games coming out for PC in the next year or so that sound fantastic. A shit-ton of old school RPGs and such. They will keep me occupied for months and months. None of this watered-down-for-consoles shit. It'll be like the late 90s/early 2000s all over again.

Can't wait.

Top Bottom