• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

Not to take anyhting away from Ronaldo, but I've never seen a team play into his hands in a high profile game as badly as Sweden did. High defensive line with huge gaps between centrebacks and fullbacks, one centre back deeper than the other so he doesn't even have to think about staying onside, defensive midfielder getting caught well ahead of the ball

Wonder if this will be considered a golden age of football, with 2 of the GOATs playing at the same time, in the same league, at similar ages and with similar team roles.

Xbox One seems a promising bit of hardware, I just wish they'd made it more powerful. Even by raising the clock speed of the GPU a few hundred megahertz like they did with the CPU would've made a big difference.

Comparatively or on its own? Because compared to the PS4 it wouldn't have made any significant difference.

Anyway, why does the clock speed matter? Just play the damn games.

Jesus Sweden

Ronaldo seems to have had 11 shots, 4 on target, 3 goals, including about 6 one-on-ones with Isaakson. If he was truly on form, he'd have had a double hattrick. Obviously there;s only so much you can do to stop him, but they didn't even seem to have a gameplan for him.

Wilbur

Banned
lance please victor was hotter than you

Just seen Ronnie's goals. Looooooool Hitch is right, what the fuck is that defence doing? Why are they playing so high?

kharma45

Comparatively or on its own? Because compared to the PS4 it wouldn't have made any significant difference.

Anyway, why does the clock speed matter? Just play the damn games.

Both. GCN GPUs overclock well and it'd helped alleviate it's hardware deficiencies. It still wouldn't have had the outright power of the PS4 but it would've bridged the gap in the only way possible. I was surprised to see it happen on the CPU part and not the GPU.

And of course it matters, don't be so silly Sleepy.

Jesus Sweden

Ronaldo seems to have had 11 shots, 4 on target, 3 goals, including about 6 one-on-ones with Isaakson. If he was truly on form, he'd have had a double hattrick. Obviously there;s only so much you can do to stop him, but they didn't even seem to have a gameplan for him.

Lustig the talentless Rosenborg cunt left his side completely open, all the time. Even when Sweden was in the lead he would not be near his position, fucking embarrassment. How can Sweden not have a better right back than that.

Lustig the talentless Rosenborg cunt left his side completely open, all the time. Even when Sweden was in the lead he would not be near his position, fucking embarrassment.

Yeah, his positioning for Ronaldo's second is a joke with 20 minutes left to find a single goal

No Scandinavian presence at the World Cup :(

Both. GCN GPUs overclock well and it'd helped alleviate it's hardware deficiencies. It still wouldn't have had the outright power of the PS4 but it would've bridged the gap in the only way possible. I was surprised to see it happen on the CPU part and not the GPU.

And of course it matters, don't be so silly Sleepy.

Well even if they had done that let us not forget even most of the power it can offer today is lost on kinect, their TV stuff and their weird multitasking system.

I agree it matters for multiplatform games, if an Xbox lands on my desk today I wouldn't buy a single 3rd party game on it but I don't think it really matters for exclusives.

There is nothing as tedious as the mind-games in the buildup to a big boxing match

but what about romance?

post-13432-Boxer-lightens-the-mood-with-a-0RcJ.gif

kharma45

Well even if they had done that let us not forget even most of the power it can offer today is lost on kinect, their TV stuff and their weird multitasking system.

Only Kinect out of that requires any power and I'd imagine CPU usage is in the single digit percentages.

Edit - Kinect 2 has it's own CPU so probably really low CPU use in the grand scheme of things.

What's weird about the multitasking? Snap seems ace just like on Windows.

Wilbur

Banned
these genuinely blow my mind. the universe is fascinating.

I try not to even think about space because it offers no answers and when I read up about it I genuinely feel overwhelmed about the fact I'm just a hairless boy floating on a rock in what could be infinite space :lol

L1NETT

Bradford (apparently) up for team of the year in the old Sports Personality of the Year Award.

Some of our staff and players have been invited, we better fucking win.

Chances are its gonna go to the South Africa..I mean England cricket team.

The Earth could fit into VY Canis Majoris, the largest known star, eleven quadrillion six hundred sixty six trillion one hundred ninety two billion eight hundred thirty two million times.

SPACE.

Only Kinect out of that requires any power and I'd imagine CPU usage is in the single digit percentages.

Edit - Kinect 2 has it's own CPU so probably really low CPU use in the grand scheme of things.

What's weird about the multitasking? Snap seems ace just like on Windows.

Around 10% of the Xbox One’s GPU time is dedicated to functions on the operating system level, particularly Kinect tracking. This percentage of GPU resources is inaccessible to developers. So, it’s not that the Xbox One is significantly underpowered, it’s that developers cannot use the whole of the console’s resources because they’re reserved for functions other than games.

Multitasking is kind of broken, I read that the Xbox might drop a game out of memory if you mess around with apps like IE or the TV long enough. At least the Vita and PS4 give you a warning screen.

bud

I try not to even think about space because it offers no answers and when I read up about it I genuinely feel overwhelmed about the fact I'm just a hairless boy floating on a rock in what could be infinite space :lol

you have more hair on your taint than i have on my chest. ;_;

Wilbur

Banned
you have more hair on your taint than i have on my chest. ;_;

I have more hair on my taint than I have on my chest or face ;_;

Damn just seen the new Disney film is getting great reviews. I thought Tangled was okay, Wreck It Ralph was pretty good and Princess and The Frog was well good, but I walk past the stand in the cinema for Frozen and thought it was some shitty fox animation or something

But it's supposed to be the best since Beauty and the beast/Lion king. Damn.

I need a fucking Wii U to play SM3DW, But I won't be able to afford one until well into next year.

Help.

Please. I've never wanted a game so much.

Dc send me yours and I'll suck your cock while calling you Aguero

I need a fucking Wii U to play SM3DW, But I won't be able to afford one until well into next year.

Help.

Please. I've never wanted a game so much.

I don't know what is it with those games but 3D Land made me buy a 3DS. I was twitching at some point to get it.

Some Nintendo games are like crack.

I haven't seen much of the new Mario game but it's probably a step back from galaxy

NO
DICE

I fucking love the Galaxy games, but I didn't want another one. For whatever reason this game just seems to be the Mario game I dreamt of when imagining HD Mario.

With Multiplayer sounding incredible I know I'd vastly prefer it to Galaxy!

qindarka

Banned
Damn just seen the new Disney film is getting great reviews. I thought Tangled was okay, Wreck It Ralph was pretty good and Princess and The Frog was well good, but I walk past the stand in the cinema for Frozen and thought it was some shitty fox animation or something

But it's supposed to be the best since Beauty and the beast/Lion king. Damn.

Be careful of raised expectations. Always best to assume the worst.

Seriously though, while I expect the film to be very good, the comparisons to Lion King/Beauty and the Beast are lazy soundbites. Really just folks focusing too much on early 90s Disney.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
The skill gap between best and second best has never as close as it is between Messi and Ronaldo imo (obviously ith the caveat that I wasn't following wider football really until 2006)

I know we all like to pretend (as football romantics) that Messi and Ronaldo are close to each other.

But they really aren't. A fully fit Messi is just leagues better than Ronaldo, as much as it pains me to say it.

CR7 is GOD tier, NQAT, but Messi is undoubtedly one of the GOATs of football.

Here's one for your Wilbs. If the universe is truly infinite, there is a version of the entire Galaxy where everything is exactly as it is here, except you are covered from head to toe in thick ginger hair

@Yurt, I'd agree completely but Messi's role is becoming a little one-dimensional and I can see Ronaldo getting closer as Messi's unrehabilitated injuries catch up with him

Wilbur

Banned
Ronaldo will go down as one of the greatest of all time as well, with the caveat that he was never the best of the era.

Here's one for your Wilbs. If the universe is truly infinite, there is a version of the entire Galaxy where everything is exactly as it is here, except you are covered from head to toe in thick ginger hair

@Yurt, I'd agree completely but Messi's role is becoming a little one-dimensional and I can see Ronaldo getting closer as Messi's unrehabilitated injuries catch up with him

noooooooooo not ginger

I like to think there's worlds out there that have followed the exact same evolutionary process as Earth did; not alternate worlds where there's another me, but a world where water and DNA and shit got there eventually. Maybe they're at the dinosaur period now or something you know? And maybe an asteroid never hits there so maybe dinosaurs sick around for a different period of time due to different climate or surroundings, but obviously if one little cell turned into everything on our planet, that can theoretically happen on another hospitable planet somewhere. That shit just... it gives me boner

Ronaldo's role is similar to Messi's, but Messi has vision and can tear a defense up with his passing.

Top Bottom