• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

The only thing that's archaic is your sudden realization that you've been living in a cave, dimly lit by your PSP XMB since you never even got to crack open the UMD slot because it has no games

pls understand, DS is videogame GOAT

Eugh. Don't talk about the PSP. Got my brother to buy me one imported from Korea for nearly £300, and to pay him back I had to help him do a paper round every Sunday morning for all the betting shops in Northwest London for nearly half a year.

Only played the cunting thing for about 50 hours. LocoRoco is the only game I played on it that wouldn't have been far better on a console

3DS account stuff does seem archaic though

pulga

Banned
Eugh. Don't talk about the PSP. Got my brother to buy me one imported from Korea for nearly £300, and to pay him back I had to help him do a paper round every Sunday morning for all the betting shops in Northwest London for nearly half a year.

Only played the cunting thing for about 50 hours. LocoRoco is the only game I played on it that wouldn't have been far better on a console

Lumines was hnnnnnngggg though. PSP GOAT

I've also fond memories of WipeOut, Syphon Filter and BbS <3

Lightning

Banned

I play Crisis Core, KH BbS and Valkyrie Profile on my PSP. I love those games.

pulga

Banned
This is the first time I've had to go to the second page of the Comm. OT to find the thread

good job lightning, you killed footygaf

Lightning

Banned
This is the first time I've had to go to the second page of the Comm. OT to find the thread

good job lightning, you killed footygaf
It needed a rest. Building up for the frantic PL action this weekend!

Arsenal vs Southampton, Liverpool vs Everton, Man City vs Spurs. Some great games this weekend!

jeffownedvwpcj.gif

This fucking game, man

What did he do wrong?

Batigol lol, you better come here and explain this. Birmingham City ladies team played a Russian team in the UEFA women's champions league and on the match programme it appears as if they put the Russian team's names through google translate.

1453387_627444157302497_214459596_n.jpg

FAITH WOODPECKER, known to friends and family as Vera Djatel

Lightning

Banned
Do I think them swapping jersey's actually means anything? No.

Do I think Arsenal have a shot at getting Draxula? Sure. Why not?
Do we really need Draxler? He would cost a fortune and we have Ozil now. Surely spending that money on a quality striker should be more important.

I will be kinda annoyed if Draxler is our next signing. Great player but I can't see him getting us that many more goals than we already get. If Santi leaves then I could see the need but not right now imo.

wedward

Do we really need Draxler? He would cost a fortune and we have Ozil now. Surely spending that money on a quality striker should be more important.

I will be kinda annoyed if Draxler is our next signing. Great player but I can't see him getting us that many more goals than we already get. If Santi leaves then I could see the need but not right now imo.

One doesn't rule out the other.

He can play on the left as well. I would rather have Santi and Draxler as our options on the left. Our current options our Santi and Jack. Not ideal. This team needs depth in every position except CM and LB.

If presented with the chance to sign a potential world class player we are not currently in a position to be turning these players down.

Why would Arsenal even want Draxler? He's a great young player and would start no matter what, but it's a lot of money for player that plays in a position that is well stocked. You already have Ozil and Cazorla. A striker should be the priority.

wedward

Why would Arsenal even want Draxler? He's a great young player and would start no matter what, but it's a lot of money for player that plays in a position that is well stocked. You already have Ozil and Cazorla. A striker should be the priority.

Again, I don't see how a striker being the priority rules out signing other players. Is it likely? No. Is it possible? Maybe. I don't know what the war chest looks like.

Lightning

Banned
I can see it now.

We buy Draxler and Giroud gets injured..

Walcott, Ozil, Draxler
BENDTNER

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh won't we look clever 100€m later.

Again, I don't see how a striker being the priority rules out signing other players. Is it likely? No. Is it possible? Maybe. I don't know what the war chest looks like.

You can sign more players after Draxler, but he's expensive and I can't see you guys spending a lot more after that.

wedward

You can sign more players after Draxler, but he's expensive and I can't see you guys spending a lot more after that.

I don't disagree, but I'm not going to rule it out entirely. The interest was obviously there. If the signing of Ozil killed off that interest then so be it, but all signs point to Arsenal still being interested.

I think all of our transfer business this winter/summer will be based on getting a striker first. It all depends on the price of who we bring in.

Lightning

Banned
Is there a new rule coming into effect that says you can only sign one player per transfer window?
We won't have the money for Draxler plus another top signing.

Besides, Reus would still be the better buy than Draxler imo if we wanted a player for that position. Draxler's price is ridiculous for the player he is. Great player but not that great...

Highly doubtful we get either anyway unless Ozil gets in their ear. Snap to it Podolski, Mertesacker and Ozil!

wedward

We won't have the money for Draxler plus another top signing.

Besides, Reus would still be the better buy than Draxler imo if we wanted a player for that position. Draxler's price is ridiculous for the player he is. Great player but not that great...

Highly doubtful we get either anyway unless Ozil gets in their ear. Snap to it Podolski, Mertesacker and Ozil!

You don't know how much money is available. Nobody does. With new deals coming up and more money going to CL qualification it's hard to determine how much will be available to Wenger. And I think Wenger knows his window is closing and will be more likely to spend big if the player is available.

Reus is going to cost 30+, Draxler is going to cost 30+. I think Draxler's ceiling is higher and he is 4 years younger.

Ozil and Mertersacker are already in Draxler's ear.

"Of course I sometimes speak to Mesut or Per about the team, about the club, and they always have good words and they tell me nice things."

What did he do wrong?

Slight spoiler, so I'll leave it marked because it'd be better if you experienced it without knowing

If you attack that particular enemy type (Balder Knight with Rapier) when he has his shield raised, he can sometimes parry your attack and riposte with an unblockable critical attack

Feorax

Tony Barrett confirming the Borrell/McParland rumour is true.

We better have a fucking good plan going forward to justify this...

Top Bottom