• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

Guinness

Neo Member
Oh Mamadou you glorious bastard. More of the same pls.

@people who watched the France match, how was Sakho's defensive performance?
As good as his offensive one. He saved us two or three times during the second half. I am really glad for him, he deserves to play in a good club and in national team.

Beside, I hope Sakho's performance will definitely keep Abidal away from the starting XI. Abi is a nightmarish centre-back.

GorillaJu

The Guardian says Liverpool's coaches were let go because the club wants to restructure its youth system.

I read that but my best educated guess is that they're just interpreting the changes over the past two years as being 'restructuring' and assumed the two latest firings were a part of that.

I'm not sure they are, to be honest. Firing two coaches in the middle of the week, in the middle of the season? Strange one, that.

sohois

I read that but my best educated guess is that they're just interpreting the changes over the past two years as being 'restructuring' and assumed the two latest firings were a part of that.

I'm not sure they are, to be honest. Firing two coaches in the middle of the week, in the middle of the season? Strange one, that.

Yep, if that was the case then why was Borrell promoted when Rodgers came in? Why wasn't this change implemented at the beginning of the season?

edit: and it should also be mentioned that the guardian are just repeating vague quotes from the Liverpool Echo, they don't know anything. The Times & the Mirror are probably the only national newspapers to really have connections inside lfc.

As good as his offensive one. He saved us two or three times during the second half. I am really glad for him, he deserves to play in a good club and in national team.

Beside, I hope Sakho's performance will definitely keep Abidal away from the starting XI. Abi is a nightmarish centre-back.

Thank you brother

Hope we keep him long enough to iron out the kinks even if its a rocky road, ala De Gea. He's got fantastic attributes, that much is obvious.

His passing is surprisingly good, it doesn't look too comfortable, but they get to their mark the vast majority of the time

GorillaJu

Thank you brother

Hope we keep him long enough to iron out the kinks even if its a rocky road, ala De Gea. He's got fantastic attributes, that much is obvious.

His passing is surprisingly good, it doesn't look too comfortable, but they get to their mark the vast majority of the time

He actually looks physically strained every time he passes the ball. It really is weird, isn't it. His passes are weighted well, they're accurate, and he has a very good range, but somehow it looks like he's going to crumple every time he goes to kick the ball. Definitely unorthodox.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJidmxj6-28

rvy

Banned
Forza's 5 crowed

PVp0oTL.jpg

I laughed

fgdfgdfg2zqal.gif

Horror is a lead Twitch admin who happens to be a gay furry. He made his boyfriend’s fursona into a global twitch emote which pissed a lot of people off because it is considered inappropriate for twitch (the created emote for the fursona is also underage btw).

Reading this in the General Gaming made me feel like I´m a hundred years old. Kids these days...

He actually looks physically strained every time he passes the ball. It really is weird, isn't it. His passes are weighted well, they're accurate, and he has a very good range, but somehow it looks like he's going to crumple every time he goes to kick the ball. Definitely unorthodox.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJidmxj6-28

Yeah. Skrtel is similar, but he trusts his ability far less and the passes are less consistently accurate

sohois

Ryse once again proving that Beat-em-Ups are the worst genre in the industry.

Viewtiful Joe 1+2 are the only good games that exist in it.

Ryse is not a beat 'em up. God Hand is a beat 'em up. Yakuza is a beat 'em up. Ryse, hell, it's closer to Heavy Rain and Beyond than to any beat 'em up.

They pick the shittest has-been English players (Cole was never a 'been' though) whose relevance has diminished as Xbox One promoters? Standard. They got fuck all else to do so it makes sense to ask them.

In other news my FIFA 14 and AC4 PS4 copies have been dispatched. Thanks Amazon but WHAT DO I PLAY THEM ON.

Paying to be associated with... SWP, Bent and Carlton Cole.... That's just weird, could get some crackwhores to get XBONE tattooed on their forehead and just stand outside all day for much cheaper and it would no doubt be better than fucking SWP.

Yeah, I don't understand their choices either. Bradley Johnson was there too, apparently.

I wonder why those stupidly rich footballers who were paid even more money to say those things didn't mention the terrible value of the Xbone compared to the PS4, which is $100 cheaper and more powerful.

Surely there's no value in having footballers that don't play for top clubs do that sort of thing. Zlatan is a big deal but otherwise having Darren Bent makes no sense.

lololololol

Make it clear you're being paid, or try and make it sound natural you cunts

Carlton Cole is the worst. He ran out of space then realised he needs to mention NFS too.

Ryse is not a beat 'em up. God Hand is a beat 'em up. Yakuza is a beat 'em up. Ryse, hell, it's closer to Heavy Rain and Beyond than to any beat 'em up.

But saying it isn't, instantly elevates it above all Beat'em ups, which I don't think it deserves.

It's a mindless button
Singular. 'X'
masher that makes the player look like a baby trying to play whack-a-mole. Or as I like to call them, beat'em ups.

LTWheels

I'm really scared about what's going on. It seems so strange. I honestly think that it must be some kind of misconduct. It seems like a stupid decision to sack them as they have done a great job with our youth.

Linius

The shop where I ordered Zelda is mailing people Nintendo didn't deliver much copies and they will get a new batch in week 50. I bet Nintendo is doing the same bullshit as they pulled with Fire Emblem and Luigi's Mansion. Delivering little copies and forcing people to go digital if they want the play the game at launch :O

sohois

But saying it isn't, instantly elevates it above all Beat'em ups, which I don't think it deserves.

It's a mindless button
Singular. 'X'
masher that makes the player look like a baby trying to play whack-a-mole. Or as I like to call them, beat'em ups.

GAmlTdX.gif

LTWheels

Apparently a 'supposed insider' on reddit had posted that Borrell has been in talks with the new MLS (NYCFC) team for the 2015 season for a while... if true, breach of contract...

Streets of Rage shit?! Something I thought I'd never hear...

One thing I took away from this gen is that those games really are shit. All those HD remasters of 'classic' games that just proved to be...well...shit. They just don't hold up, the gameplay is beyond paperthin. I'm sure they were fun in an arcade back in the day, but now? Man. MAN, they're bad.

GorillaJu

I'm really scared about what's going on. It seems so strange. I honestly think that it must be some kind of misconduct. It seems like a stupid decision to sack them as they have done a great job with our youth.

There is some rumor circulating that they showed around some of the American Man City club scouts and showed them the setup in the youth team. Stupid if true.

GorillaJu

Manchester City were offered the teenage French midfielder in January 2012 as he entered the final six months of his Manchester United contract, but baulked at agent Mino Raiola's salary and commission demands (Read more at The National › ). By the following March, Raiola has negotiated a contract with Juventus worth over €1million a year to Pogba (Read more at The National › ). Yet such has been the player's impact in Serie A and for the France national team that the 20-year-old he is now considered underpaid.

I would have liked to have seen Pogba at Man City, just to pour salt in the David Moyes shaped wound a bit. Glad he ended up at Juve though. He's perfect for them.

One of my finest gaming memories was as a kid playing through Streets Of Rage 1 with a friend. We managed to defeat the final boss and my friend never even used a continue (while I used 2 or 3). I then proceeded to accept the boss offer and beat my friend up thus gaining the throne.

Slizz

One of my finest gaming memories was as a kid playing through Streets Of Rage 1 with a friend. We managed to defeat the final boss and my friend never even used a continue (while I used 2 or 3). I then proceeded to accept the boss offer and beat my friend up thus gaining the throne.

Same with me, playing it on my brothers Genesis.

sohois

Apparently a 'supposed insider' on reddit had posted that Borrell has been in talks with the new MLS (NYCFC) team for the 2015 season for a while... if true, breach of contract...

There is some rumor circulating that they showed around some of the American Man City club scouts and showed them the setup in the youth team. Stupid if true.

That rumour seems to only be about Borrell though, not McParland. Whilst it would make sense for Borrell, it offers no explanation for why McParland would also be removed

Pls don't compare God Hand to Ryse

pls

and God Hand isn't mindless, you godless creature.

-

Are you referring to me, or Willkiller? I would do no such thing, I brought in God Hand as an example of all that is good and true versus to cursed villainy of Ryse.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Not you sohois.<3
I would have liked to have seen Pogba at Man City, just to pour salt in the David Moyes shaped wound a bit. Glad he ended up at Juve though. He's perfect for them.

Their story is way off though. You don't leave Team A for money reasons and join Team B who's offering you even less. He left to seek playing time, that's all there's to it, I think.

Stop lying City.

Paul Pogba has conceded that without Antonio Conte, he would not be going to the World Cup next summer.

The Bianconeri youngster played in France&#8217;s 3-0 win over Ukraine on Tuesday, that saw them progress to Brazil 2014.

And the former Manchester United man has admitted that it&#8217;s the Old Lady Coach who has got him into the national team.

&#8220;It was a good game and a good performance from the whole team,&#8221; he told Sky Sport Italia.

&#8220;It&#8217;s a dream for me. I am very happy. I can&#8217;t wait to go to Brazil.

&#8220;I think that without Juve I would not be here with France. Conte trusted me &#8211; he put me on the pitch and gave me the time to play well.&#8221;

Remember that part in the Lion King where Mufasa gets Simba up on that rock so he can show him the scale of his responsibility etc etc, then Simba enquires about the elephant's graveyard but Mufasa tells him how dangerous it is 'you must never go there'?

Sunrise.jpg

Ok, so Mufasa is a brilliant player offering advise to a very gifted youth player, Simba.

He's explaining that one day, the world can be his. He can be the name on everybody's lips, the name on the back of their shirts, the name on the front page of every newspaper in the world.

Unless. He goes to that dark shadowy place, Manchester City, where youth players go to die. If he goes there he will be the name at the foot of the page, the butt of the joke, a 'Jack Rodwell'. A place where his soul will be slowly ripped away, his potential evaporated, his belly fatter 'Michael Johnson'. Truly, a graveyard.

Top Bottom