• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

Yen

Two out of a trio that Benitez put in charge of the academy and are recognized as doing good work. The third (Pep Segura) was fired last year.
Because he expected to become the DOF under Rodgers and was pissed when that never came.
Iirc, Barça tried to resign Borrell when Pep was still in charge. Wouldn't be surprised to see him end up there (wouldn't be surprised if he eventually managed their first team)

Will be interesting to see who replaces them.

sohois

Two out of a trio that Benitez put in charge of the academy and are recognized as doing good work. The third (Pep Segura) was fired last year.

Segura wasn't fired, he quit as he was originally going to move up to a DoF like position until Rodgers came in.

Can't say I'm particularly surprised by McParland, since it wasn't really clear what he ever did. He was brought in to oversee the changes and appoint new men to take the academy forward, but once Segura and Borrell came in it seems like he was mostly just an administrator or something. Borrell is the strange one since it suggests the club will once again overhaul their approach to youth development unless the new director is fairly similar.

GorillaJu

Because he expected to become the DOF under Rodgers and was pissed when that never came.

Will be interesting to see who replaces them.

Well, that was a rumor that was floated around (that he'd be technical director) but afaik there was never any real indication that it was true.

Salvadora

"I have always said English teams are very big clubs and Arsenal is of course one of them. We'll see what happens this summer."
"Of course I sometimes speak to Mesut or Per about the team, about the club, and they always tell me nice things."
"You never know what happens in the summer but Arsenal is a very, very nice team."
"They always have very young players, they play attractive football and that’s what I like."
These were Draxler's quotes.

Sounds like a done deal.

You'd think Arsenal fans would be happy just to be first in the PL but nope, they're even worse at dreaming of new players. Hope you get relegated, babes.

Carbonox

Hah, Adam Sessler murdered Ryse in his review:

1jSunqa.png

Wonder if this is a sign of things to come...

GorillaJu

I wonder if Alex Inglethorpe will get promoted to Borell's now vacant position?

Wondered that myself.

"I have played only two games this season and I tried to do my very best for the team. But it is very hard when you only play a small part now and then," he told the Manchester Evening News.

"But I am not unhappy. I am enjoying it and I know I will be ready whenever the manager picks me.

"I haven't spoken to David Moyes about my situation because I think I have a good situation at the moment. I love this club and I have been here for over six years.

"I am only 25 years old and I have about seven years football left in me. So I have time on my side and I am happy at Old Trafford.

There you have it. Nothing to worry about here, United fans, Anderson is happy and enjoying his paycheck.

sohois

I wonder if Alex Inglethorpe will get promoted to Borell's now vacant position?

Wondered that myself.

There you have it. Nothing to worry about here, United fans, Anderson is happy and enjoying his paycheck.

Critchley, the u-18s coach is more likely as he held a similar position at Crewe. I doubt either will be promoted though, seeing as both were only recently hired to be managers.

That you took that seriously reveals a lot.

Sorry but I don't have time to analyze every post by Arsenal-GAF creaming over players they could sign/play for a national team/etc. It wasn't only directed at your post, there are more than a few guys here that really think so.

Eggs, Milch. Eggs, all of them.

It's Liverpool's year and you're going to fucking like it.

You can be sure I'd like it. I'd take Liverpool over City in the CL everyday.

Slight spoiler, so I'll leave it marked because it'd be better if you experienced it without knowing

If you attack that particular enemy type (Balder Knight with Rapier) when he has his shield raised, he can sometimes parry your attack and riposte with an unblockable critical attack

Okay thanks! I won't read it though :p

Feorax

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Who plays on the right if Johnson plays left? Kelly apparently can't play more than 30 mins, Flanagan is no long term solution, and McLaughlin is way to young and inexperienced.

Didn't Flanagan already start a league game this season? I can't remember how he did but you could always play Toure there if you had to.

LTWheels

Fuck, it's true that those two have been sacked. Mainstream media is reporting it saying LFC have declined to comment why. That plus Enrique, fuck...

sohois

Who plays on the right if Johnson plays left? Kelly apparently can't play more than 30 mins, Flanagan is no long term solution, and McLaughlin is way to young and inexperienced.

I fully expect to see Cissokho against Everton, but with the easier fixtures after that there's an opportunity for Rodgers to try a few experiments. Sakho has filled in at LB before this season and I believe Ilori played there for Sporting on occasion. Meanwhile at RB there are the 3 you mentioned, plus moving Henderson or Stirling back there again.

And even if Robinson isn't available, there's still the possibility of Brad Smith getting his chance at LB from the youth teams, he was supposedly in line before a bad injury anyway

McLaughlin is ready for 'easy' home games I think, at least to play the Wisdom role of being trusted for a while, getting some good experience and then moving back into the youth setup. Or go back to 3-5-2 and play Henderson or Sterling there. Or pray to Suso that Kelly is fit enough to last 70 minutes :p

Or as sohois said, give Brad Smith a go at LB. He's been in great form for the U21s apparently

edit: Infamous and Destiny preorders cancelled by Sainsbury's. Cunts.

edit2: Tyson Fury is pathetic

Messi

Watching Barcelona vs Madrid from 2010. The 5-0, probably the finest performance of peps era (I will hear arguments for the cl final that year vs man unuted). Pep is gone, Messi is broken

FOOTBALL IS DEAD

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Watching Barcelona vs Madrid from 2010. The 5-0, probably the finest performance of peps era (I will hear arguments for the cl final that year vs man unuted). Pep is gone, Messi is broken

FOOTBALL IS DEAD

Is that the one where Madrid had like 15% possession?

Carbonox

Unprecedented partnership

They pick the shittest has-been English players (Cole was never a 'been' though) whose relevance has diminished as Xbox One promoters? Standard. They got fuck all else to do so it makes sense to ask them.

In other news my FIFA 14 and AC4 PS4 copies have been dispatched. Thanks Amazon but WHAT DO I PLAY THEM ON.

Top Bottom