• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

Manager

Thank you journalists for such HQ photos from the conference (also filters)
BYjWjsKIMAAfAKl.jpg

He oozes class.

One full season in 10 years!

2003 Everton 4 matches
2004 Everton 7
2005 Everton 15
2006 Everton 1
2007 West Ham/Southampton 8
2008 Ipswich 46
2009 Ipswich 12
2010 Sheffield 2
2011 Ipswich 1
2012 City 0
2013 City 0

edit
Oh thought you meant Wright

William Carvalho was called up for the national squad that´s facing Sweden in the play-offs next week. What a dream season he is having.

Salvadora

Really looking forward to the Utd match on Sunday.

Very confident of getting a result there, more than I've been in the past anyway :p
Me too.

Although I feel like we play better when we're the underdog. United have generally lacked urgency under Moyes, which will work to our advantage. Just need to nullify Rooney and we should be sweet.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Silva out for 4 weeks? Hopefully he misses the match against us, City always seem to get players back sooner than they originally expect.

Meier

Silva out for 4 weeks? Hopefully he misses the match against us, City always seem to get players back sooner than they originally expect.

Unfortunately that has not been the case this season. I figured a month may not be that bad but then I forgot how fucking congested it gets at the end of the calendar year. For a few weeks in a row, there are at least 2 or 3 games per 7 day period. I would think he'll be back for Soton or Bayern.. and then Arsenal are a few days later!

Manager

Unfortunately that has not been the case this season. I figured a month may not be that bad but then I forgot how fucking congested it gets at the end of the calendar year. For a few weeks in a row, there are at least 2 or 3 games per 7 day period. I would think he'll be back for Soton or Bayern.. and then Arsenal are a few days later!

You think City should go for it at Bayern? Let's say City beat Plzen. Then I guess City must win by three goals against Bayern to get first spot, but then there's the Arsenal match a few days later.

Try for like 4-1 and field best team against Bayern, or let Milner, Rodwell & Lescott go CL and the best rest for Arsenal?

Meier

http://www.abload.de/img/awwwyisd9zd1.png[IMG]

'ave it[/QUOTE]

Nice work -- I got a 9. Went with glut over raft and warchest over locker. Had no clue what they meant by the plough/furrow analogy. Never heard the nosebleed one.. narcolepsy felt more accurate since half the time a defender trying to score slips and falls.

Scum

ozG6ouW.gif

Lamela looked hungry last night, worked his arse off and after the goal he scared the shit out of those Sheriff defenders. He must have been fouled 7 or 8 times. His family coming over seems to have perked him up a bit.
I want to him start this weekend.

Hixx

Nice work -- I got a 9. Went with glut over raft and warchest over locker. Had no clue what they meant by the plough/furrow analogy. Never heard the nosebleed one.. narcolepsy felt more accurate since half the time a defender trying to score slips and falls.

Ploughing a lone furrow - doing something alone ie one striker

Eh?

Wasn't that game in Hong Kong?

Yeah

Meier

You think City should go for it at Bayern? Let's say City beat Plzen. Then I guess City must win by three goals against Bayern to get first spot, but then there's the Arsenal match a few days later.

Try for like 4-1 and field best team against Bayern, or let Milner, Rodwell & Lescott go CL and the best rest for Arsenal?

If Bayern don't lose to CSKA (and how could they), then no, I wouldn't even try it. We probably can't beat them anyway, let alone with so many games in such a small amount of time. I am looking at Bayern's fixture list, and the Bundesliga doesn't include so many freaking midweek games in November and December despite the fact they take a 6 week break. Bayern will be well-rested and will be playing in their house. I'd give us very little chance of winning that match.

L1NETT

Yeah. Bunch of geniuses put the Premier League Asia trophy tournament during middle of the monsoon rains.

Money Money Money :)

---

Watched that Giant Bomb Xbox One thingy.

Dead Rising 3 actually looks like a lot of fun, but nothing else really stood out for me. I am studying the Romans/Franks for a module in my degree, but to be honest the books I have to read look more interesting than Ryse :/

Manager

If Bayern don't lose to CSKA (and how could they), then no, I wouldn't even try it. We probably can't beat them anyway, let alone with so many games in such a small amount of time. I am looking at Bayern's fixture list, and the Bundesliga doesn't include so many freaking midweek games in November and December despite the fact they take a 6 week break. Bayern will be well-rested and will be playing in their house. I'd give us very little chance of winning that match.

But imagine Lescott & Javi Garcia against Robben and Ribery. I bet Pep doesn't even need to rest anyone with such weak league. It's gonna hurt

Will be interesting to see if Nastasic or Demichelis is seen as the main defender with Kompany by then.

Meier

But imagine Lescott & Javi Garcia against Robben and Ribery. I bet Pep doesn't even need to rest anyone with such weak league. It's gonna hurt

Will be interesting to see if Nastasic or Demichelis is seen as the main defender with Kompany by then.

Nasta apparently has a minor knock too and could miss this weekend. Hopefully it truly is minor and not a four week issue. So ready for Kompany to get back! I'm glad Belgium didn't call him up and set back his recovery.

Just been in the body paint thread. Fantastic tits, weird as fuck midsection and below.

Just noticed the CGI books in the Alonso pic. How hard could it have been to find a stock photo of a professor to photoshop Xabi's face on to? :D

Not like Marca don't have any experience doctoring images

@3Sixty, same, the 'torrid time' one did me in, I answered
4th officials

pulga

Banned
CRonaldo vs Messi thread in OT is glorious

People...people finally see Ronaldo for the fantastic guy that he is ;_;

My work here is done GAF, it's time to return to my home planet

Top Bottom