• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

Wilbur

Banned
I found Rome highly overrated and stopped after the first five (six?) episodes. It's good and entertaining, but I don't get why it receives so much praise.

dc this is the guy who doesn't really like arrested development
and supports bayern
and thinks moyes will win the title

please discard his opinion

Timurid

Topo thinks that Catching Fire is the 2nd best film of the year. :lol

I <3 you. #FuckBVB #MiaSanMia

GJ Kharma and Arnold.

dc89

BZnffhnIgAAoEvJ.jpg:large

Our Queen is at Xbox One launch party.

Salvadora

At the Belfast one, Kharma? Lots of lovely people there.

The consultants told me when they applied, PWC hired actors to use in the recruitment process. Hope you didn't have to go through that.

kharma45

Congrats, kharma. Only fitting to have received a job offer from PCW. Which store will you be based at?

:lol

I'll be in Belfast.

At the Belfast one, Kharma? Lots of lovely people there.

The consultants told me when they applied, PWC hired actors to use in the recruitment process. Hope you didn't have to go through that.

Yep I'll be in there fro March onwards. The people I've met so far (the receptionists, a partner, an HR person and two other senior fellas) all seemed dead on.

Thankfully they didn't do anything like that for me, or if they did they fucking knew their stuff lol. It was just two senior members of the consulting team, can't mind their names though. Didn't you say you work for them too in Belfast?

Wilbur

Banned
All 3 of them?

Think so. I think you're only able to resit separate modules in the same academic year. Need to read further.

I remember getting mostly Bs and Cs in modular exams and then just fucked up on a case study we did in class, and didn't finish it. Got a G for that and then a D overall. I don't think I'll be able to just redo the single module.

Pushes my plans back a year. Fuckkkk

Think so. I think you're only able to resit separate modules in the same academic year. Need to read further.

I remember getting mostly Bs and Cs in modular exams and then just fucked up on a case study we did in class, and didn't finish it. Got a G for that and then a D overall. I don't think I'll be able to just redo the single module.

Pushes my plans back a year. Fuckkkk

Damn. Sounds similar to my IT result, completely fucked thh coursework and ended up with an E. Gonna have to either redo the GCSE somewhere or get a further qualification, its a massive gap on my CV, with no experience to make up for it

Can you redo the Science one online?

Salvadora

Yep I'll be in there fro March onwards. The people I've met so far (the receptionists, a partner, an HR person and two other senior fellas) all seemed dead on.

Thankfully they didn't do anything like that for me, or if they did they fucking knew their stuff lol. It was just two senior members of the consulting team, can't mind their names though. Didn't you say you work for them too in Belfast?
Yeah, until fairly recently when I left to re-enter education.

Can't say I ever had a problem with anyone who worked there, lovely bunch of people. Although it was awful, awful work depending on the project you were on. You'll have a great time, I imagine. Best of luck.

Wilbur

Banned
Damn. Sounds similar to my IT result, completely fucked thh coursework and ended up with an E. Gonna have to either redo the GCSE somewhere or get a further qualification, its a massive gap on my CV, with no experience to make up for it

Can you redo the Science one online?

It's a distance learning course so you do all your study at home and submit it online, but then have to go somewhere to do the exams.

I'll still have an English degree in May of course so it doesn't stop me from applying for jobs that aren't teaching of course, but I'd like to do this. Won't even look to start this Science retake until May anyway, because I have to retake an additional uni module next term anyway.

Bit lost at sea now.

Scum

:lol

I'll be in Belfast.

Congrats, again. Find out everything you can about Salva when you get there. :p

For Kipless

I'll be asking a fuck-tonne of questions when I get my hands on Pokemon btw, so prepare yourselves :p

Starting with this one

Does everyone who got Pokemon X get the same special Torchic, or is there some difference between them?

Can't wait :D

Do 3DS games ever get patched?

sorry

edit: Holy fuck, 2.3m people waiting on PS4s from a single retailer in the USA :O

Linius

Code? Torchic was a mystery gift in the first month I think.

And Nintendo is actually improving on the patching thing. They patched an annoying bug out of Mario Kart 7 for example. There was this track where you could do a cheat that allows you the basically skip half the course and it was really game breaking online since everyone voted for that track.

Meier

How do I redeem this torchic code for Pokemonz? Someone explain

And yes they do have patches/updates hitch. Pokemon has one.

It should only require you to just pick Mystery Gift when you boot the game up (prior to loading). I guess it could be different elsewhere though. Have you tried that method?

I can see it happening, today a game like this could do with just being a PSN release and even pricing it at half the price of a normal disc game.

Holy fuck, 2.3m people waiting on PS4s from a single retailer in the USA :O

I'm really interested to see how well the Xbox does in the first 24 hours. I wonder if MS would even bother announcing that. Theoretically it could do better since it's launching in many more countries.

FootballFan

Code? Torchic was a mystery gift in the first month I think.

And Nintendo is actually improving on the patching thing. They patched an annoying bug out of Mario Kart 7 for example. There was this track where you could do a cheat that allows you the basically skip half the course and it was really game breaking online since everyone voted for that track.

So I missed the moment to get my torchic? :'(

FootballFan

It should only require you to just pick Mystery Gift when you boot the game up (prior to loading). I guess it could be different elsewhere though. Have you tried that method?

Didn't try any methods yet lol. Ill give that a go next time I use the 2ds.

Thanks though.

FootballFan

I thought I had to sign up from club Nintendo and all that.

What is club Nintendo and what are the advantages of making an account/signing up?

/hitcher

Meier

What is club Nintendo and what are the advantages of making an account/signing up?

/hitcher

You can input codes for all the 1st party games/systems/etc. you buy. You can then trade the points you get for doing a survey after registering the game for some swag.

Here's an example of some of the rewards in the past:

club_nintendo_oldies.jpg

I've got that SMB cart case for the DS (I can squeeze 3DS games in the holder slots too), the Animal Crossing playing cards, a tote bag, etc. Based on your level per year (depends on how many points you earned that year), you get a free gift as well.

Linius

/hitcher

Club Nintendo is the place where you register your purchases to collect stars. These stars are used to buy random Nintendo stuff they have for sale. I used my stars on some New Leaf notebooks this year :p

Also, if they do promotions like the European Too Many Games promotion you need to register your games there to receive a free copy and stuff like that.

Tomorrow[/i]

That pic is from a gameshop, they had it in shops today. I ordered my Zelda copy elsewhere and they can't deliver before saturday :O

And I don't have the money to buy a Vita right now :(

FootballFan

You can input codes for all the 1st party games/systems/etc. you buy. You can then trade the points you get for doing a survey after registering the game for some swag.

Here's an example of some of the rewards in the past:

club_nintendo_oldies.jpg

Thanks.

Hmm that swag isn't that great tbh lol.

Who is going to the Xbox one launch party!? Seeya there.

TeddyBoy

Thanks for the information, a shame that Borrel and McParland left, I hope they bring in good replacements for them :)

If anyones curious, the game at Wembley yesterday was amazing, the atmosphere was something special, the crowd was great.... until Germany scored >.>

England's performance was really dire, the team looked really disjointed, no one knew what anyone else was doing. Playing 442 won't work Hodgson, no matter how many times you try :(

I'm also really angry at some England supporters booing the German national anthem, total lack of class from them, there didn't seem too many people doing it, probably about a thousand or so in the hole stadium, but they should of been thrown out the stadium for me.

Scum

Build a bridge

Tie a noose

Jump

edit: No Netflix at launch wtf

Oh no. Now I have to use the other crapton of devices lying at home for Netflix instead.

That pic is from a gameshop, they had it in shops today. I ordered my Zelda copy elsewhere and they can't deliver before saturday :O

And I don't have the money to buy a Vita right now :(

Midnight download, it is then.

I wonder what Forza will have to do to become equal with Gran Turismo in the general view of sim racers. GT just seems to have an aura about it which Forza doesn't, though that could well be due to the fact that NeoGaf lives in a bit of a bubble

edit: My avatar makes it look like Bats is naked between the cowl and the waist

L1NETT

Forza is great. GT is great. Both good racing series, but it is only a racing game after all.

Last time I really enjoyed one was Forza Horizon.

And more importantly,

Burnout > the lot.

Forza is great. GT is great. Both good racing series, but it is only a racing game after all.

Last time I really enjoyed one was Forza Horizon.

And more importantly,

Burnout > the lot.

Fuck the direction Burnout took after Revenge :(

'I need sunshine in the morniiiiiiiiiiing, headed for the open roaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad'

I wonder what Forza will have to do to become equal with Gran Turismo in the general view of sim racers. GT just seems to have an aura about it which Forza doesn't, though that could well be due to the fact that NeoGaf lives in a bit of a bubble

edit: My avatar makes it look like Bats is naked between the cowl and the waist

Good question!

The problem with Forza is it doesn't feel sim enough, the driving is not good for a game touted as a sim racer. It needs a better tyre model, the one they have currently is pretty bad at portraying when you're losing grip and just doesn't feel right at all.

Cars have very different feel to one another but one that doesn't actually make sense or a difference. Like driving a Lamborghini Aventador in GT5 is very different to driving a Ferrari 458. They are both are conceptually different cars with completely different characteristics and they feel that way in Gran Turismo. In Forza it seems like most cars come up from the same 'source' like all super high end cars in that game are from the same spec sheet just different acceleration time or top speed.

There's also a huge inherent problem with the Xbox is that it doesn't allow any third party wheel, the ones that work with it that are good are extremely expensive so you can't get the G27 hooked up to it which works on the PC and PS3.

Top Bottom