• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

His highlight of the day

defl12sdc.gif

His game today was a lot like Januzaj's against West Brom. Looked threatening, but also had a lot of :lol moments.

isnXLspYt0EX7.gif

I'm naked in bed too. Just had a shit that looked like coffee. Watching Netflix and slowly jerking just enough so that I won't cum but it feels nice

Jerking without Cummington is just wrong..
Fuck auto correct.

I'm just in bed wondering if I actually showered today, I feel greasy

Lightning

Banned
Also Everton played well today in the second half especially but they were VERY lucky to still have 11 players on the field because Mirallas was a stonewall red card for me. That was dangerous, high studs, late and no ball.

Also Everton played well today in the second half especially but they were VERY lucky to still have 11 players on the field because Mirallas was a stonewall red card for me. That was dangerous, high studs, late and no ball.

And then he elbowed Henderson as well. So many shocking decisions in our derbies

Kuyt double footer, booked
Carragher drags Lescott down, nothing given
Rodwell tackle (barely a foul), red
Suarez onside by a yard, given offside
Mirallas thigh high studs nowhere near ball, yellow
Gerrard leading elbow, foul, no booking
Mirallas flung elbow, foul(?), no booking

Sloane

Banned
Still, just a fit Hummels could have changed the game.
You think Hummels would have scored a goal?

I thought we did pretty well, too, but you only get so many chances against Bayern and we wasted them poorly. Lewandowski seemed as "nervous" as in the last few games against his new team, and Kuba, Reus, and Micky are just trying to do way too many things before taking a shot at the goal. Hate to admit it, but we are really missing a player like Götze or Shinji because we're incredibly limited in our style of play without someone who can play their role.

That's still enough to beat most Bundesliga teams, hopefully including Leverkusen, but it's not enough to really compete in the CL. (Although we've probably reached the next round in any other group.)

lol right, title race was over when Hummels (and Schmelzer) got injured.
I don't think Hummels is that important to us at this point. He hasn't played all that well for the last 1.5 years, partly because of stupid mental mistakes, party because other teams have figured out how to defend him by now. His creative role has become really minor, usually Sahin has to drop back and do what Hummels did from 2010 to 2012. Give Friedrich a couple of matches and it won't make that much of a difference.

As for Schmelzer, he has played way too many games over the last few seasons, and Durm is doing a great job replacing him. Might even have a shot at taking over the position eventually.

But, yeah, the title race is obviously over. I wouldn't even be surprised if Bayern made it without a single loss through the season.

Jack cw

Hurts more than it should to be honest. I was expecting a Bayern win and was even afraid of a high win, with our defense but the way the game went, it feels bad. Bayern wasn't really better, was shaky in defense, we could have won and that's what hurts. Still, just a fit Hummels could have changed the game.

lol right, title race was over when Hummels (and Schmelzer) got injured.
We will never know. With a fit Ribery we might have won 0:6... Fact is, you lost this game at home for several reasons that came together in this match. Missed chances. Luck wasn't on your side this time and Neuer was phenomenal. The most crucial thing was Dortmund losing to many balls in offensive midfield resulting in 3 goals conceded. The lack of a plan b even if your a goal behind is what killed you in the last weeks. I have the feeling that the longer the game lasts and you still haven't scored, the more fatigue plays against you. Basically if you don't score early the harder it gets to win against an opponent that knows how to play possession.

Your defence was good, sokratis was incredibly strong and Lewandowski showed why he is the best forward right now. It was an open game until the 65. min. After that it was just a recap of the CL final.

Now focus on CL. Dortmund out would even make me sad.

Lightning

Banned
And then he elbowed Henderson as well. So many shocking decisions in our derbies

Kuyt double footer, booked
Carragher drags Lescott down, nothing given
Rodwell tackle (barely a foul), red
Suarez onside by a yard, given offside
Mirallas thigh high studs nowhere near ball, yellow
Gerrard leading elbow, foul, no booking
Mirallas flung elbow, foul(?), no booking
It cost Liverpool 2 points last season and today imo it cost Liverpool another 2 points. 2-1 down when that incident took place and I don't think Everton can open up Liverpool like they did if they only have 10 men.

Hypothetical but that was a game changer from the ref in my view.

Now focus on CL. Dortmund out would even make me sad.
No. Dortmund make it then there is a huge chance that Arsenal are the ones to dip out . Not making the next stage of the CL would be very upsetting.

bjaelke

MOTD highlights from the match are a wooping 20 minutes. They somehow couldn't find room for Barkley's dive and subsequent yellow :lol

Zabojnik

If Inter and Fiorentina win today they'll join Napoli in third place. Delicious. If Napoli lose in Germany ... oh boy, meltdown incoming. Delicious. Good thing De Laurentiis plans on spending 50M€ in January.

EDIT: Only Inter, actually. Fiorentina would be one point behind.

I believe in Pep. Loved the interview he held in Spanish yesterday. His German his good but it's not good enough to understand the magic behind Pep.

768px-Germany_Goldeuro_2002_Einf%C3%BChrung_Euro_Motivseite_IMG_2193.jpg

Salazar

Lucas channelled Charlie Adam quite a bit.

Commentator said some straight up filthy barges and shit were "mistimed", lol.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
It's a shame that once again, the English league and Serie A are the only leagues worth watching. -_-

Two years ago the Bundesliga was on fire, what happened?

Sloane

Banned
It's a shame that once again, the English league and Serie A are the only leagues worth watching. -_-

Two years ago the Bundesliga was on fire, what happened?
Bayern was bad two years ago and Bundesliga can only be interesting if Bayern is bad. Bad meaning they "only" ended up second or third, obviously.

Top Bottom