• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

dc89

BZ2tgxqIYAAl6d1.jpg:large

Serious question...

On Cardiff's 1st goal, look at the pass made for the assist and how quickly that pass was made after receiving the ball. Did you have a central midfielder on the pitch today that plays passes like that on a consistent basis?
I think the point was that it's not a burn, it's just a truth that everybody knows by now.

Tc91

Serious question...

On Cardiff's 1st goal, look at the pass made for the assist and how quickly that pass was made after receiving the ball. Did you have a central midfielder on the pitch today that plays passes like that on a consistent basis?

What's a central midfielder?

Clegg

Serious question...

I think the point was that it's not a burn, it's just a truth that everybody knows by now.

Yep.

Our midfield hasn't been good enough since 2008.

doicare

Because it is what matters.
Lol nope, if you can't discuss what happens in a game and why it happened then that's pretty sad. Having a bunch of morons act in denial and talk shit about one club who then turn a blind eye to everything that contradicts what crap they say and proves them wrong is just pathetic.

No idea, but it's great so far. A draw away at Everton is a good result, although it did feel like a loss.

Next five games are all winnable, expect to see the squad rotated a lot during December with the amount of games.

Still 2nd and a loss for Spurs and a draw for United.

Yep. Better teams than us will drop points at Goodison

Hull away next, fuck knows which Hull will turn up. Hopefully yesterday's Hull.

Salvadora

Fuck this, you're all gonna cry when United comes back and plunges Arsenal fans into despair. It's all part of their plan to make the EPL look less like the one-team-league it really is.

Like Wii U sales, it's gotta be any moment now that they take off.
david-moyes.gif

Lightning

Banned
What a fantastic weekend.

Liverpool got screwed Lolerpool style, Spurs got their pants pulled down, United last minute blooper, England crash out of the RL World Cup last minute, Ireland choke against the AB's, Australia urinated on England in the Ashes first test.

And most importantly Arsenal won.

Blablurn

What a fantastic weekend.

Liverpool got screwed Lolerpool style, Spurs got their pants pulled down, United last minute blooper, England crash out of the RL World Cup last minute, Ireland choke against the AB's, Australia urinated on England in the Ashes first test.

And most importantly Arsenal won.

Dortmund lost.

ShogunX

Lol nope, if you can't discuss what happens in a game and why it happened then that's pretty sad. Having a bunch of morons act in denial and talk shit about one club who then turn a blind eye to everything that contradicts what crap they say and proves them wrong is just pathetic.

Ahhhh you'll get over it kid.

Messi

Ive never seen you come here and claim united deserved to lose. Why is that? Why do you only show up with bitter incendiary comments?

Marc

So United-GAF, barring signings and you can recall loans if you want... what would your XI be to save your season? Or at least prepare for next season.

I would go mostly technical and youth with:

De Gea

Rafael Smalling Jones Buttner

Carrick Powell

Nani Kagawa Zaha

RVP

Walshy

Yep. Better teams than us will drop points at Goodison

Hull away next, fuck knows which Hull will turn up. Hopefully yesterday's Hull.
It holds a lot more importance for us in comparison to the Everton game, I still go along with the theory that there is about seven or eight really good teams in the league and the rest is more than beatable. By being flat track bullies, we can seriously rack up the points against the likes of Hull, Cardiff and Fulham by beating them home and away.

United won the league off it last season, they didn't drop a point against the bottom eight teams last time around.

So United-GAF, barring signings and you can recall loans if you want... what would your XI be to save your season? Or at least prepare for next season.

De Gea

Carrick Powell

Nani Kagawa Zaha

RVP
Are you serious?

Buttner?

Nah, you're not being serious.

De Gea

Carrick Powell

Nani Kagawa Zaha

RVP

I would buy good central midfielders, to make up for the fact that we haven't done so for the better part of a decade.

De Gea

Carrick Powell

Nani Kagawa Zaha

RVP

Januzaj over Zaha too.

It holds a lot more importance for us in comparison to the Everton game, I still go along with the theory that there is about seven or eight really good teams in the league and the rest is more than beatable. By being flat track bullies, we can seriously rack up the points against the likes of Hull, Cardiff and Fulham by beating them home and away.

United won the league off it last season, they didn't drop a point against the bottom eight teams last time around.

I'm a bit worried we'll do what we did earlier in the season and look at the next 3 games as 'should wins' leading us to play complacently and fuck up at the first hurdle. With Suarez and Sturridge, we should always be able to score enough to beat teams in the bottom half. Just need to defend competently in theory. Could do with Coutinho getting a settled role as well so he can creep back into form.

Messi

De Gea

Carrick Powell

Nani Kagawa Zaha

RVP

Rooney has been maybe the biggest reason united arent in much deeper shit.

Tc91

Yeah, our best player today as well. Scored the first, assisted the second, set Bambi up for a good chance and could of won the game.

Shame he's a cunt though.

Marc

Are you serious?

Buttner?

Nah, you're not being serious.

Well the alternative is Evra... sooooo....

I forgot about Januzaj, but he hasn't offered much width when I have watched him. Is his best position on the wing then? I thought Moyes was just sticking players wherever like he usually does.

LabouredSubterfuge - You tried that in the summer though, and you ended up with Fellaini for 30 mil... who knows... you will probably end up with Tiote or someone next time for 40 mil. :D But yeah, united have needed a CM for like 5-8 years it seems like. Just not hopeful of them getting anyone decent, who is there left really?

I mean when Moutinho was going for 30 million, not a peep? He would have been perfect, obviously wages come into play but its cheaper in the long run than throwing 30 million down the drain with Fellaini.

Clegg

I know Moyes said not to expect signings in January, but we need at least one. A new midfielder is the priority. Our options right now are Giggs, Clev, Anderson and Fellaini. That's atrocious for a club of United's stature.

Walshy

I'm a bit worried we'll do what we did earlier in the season and look at the next 3 games as 'should wins' leading us to play complacently and fuck up at the first hurdle. With Suarez and Sturridge, we should always be able to score enough to beat teams in the bottom half. Just need to defend competently in theory. Could do with Coutinho getting a settled role as well so he can creep back into form.
Definitely share your feelings, but that comes with four seasons of mediocrity and like Feorax said, having no real identity. You never knew under Rafa's final season, Roy's reign and Kenny's second stint what Liverpool was going to turn up, we are routinely beating the likes of Hull on a regular basis by a hefty scoreline as well. I would of been more worried going into the next game if we lost against Everton.

We need to get Toure or Sakho back in the squad, I don't rate Agger-Skrtel as a pairing at all. Flanagan has to start vs Hull too.

doicare

Ive never seen you come here and claim united deserved to lose. Why is that? Why do you only show up with bitter incendiary comments?
Because most of the time United don't deserve to lose, they're the better team who play the better football but they've been fucked over by either huge injury lists, random bad luck in the game or bad refereeing. Instead of people just being honest and talking about that, all you get are endless posts of trollolololololol United are shit, United only win because they are lucky, refs are baised towards United, fuck injuries, fuck Man United. Anybody that says any different is a just delusional nutter and should be mocked, when the reality is it's just an endless stream of uniformed football fans or bitter fans from other clubs jealous of United's success.

pulga

Banned
Because most of the time United don't deserve to lose, they're the better team who play the better football but they've been fucked over by either huge injury lists, random bad luck in the game or bad refereeing. Instead of people just being honest and talking about that, all you get are endless posts of trollolololololol United are shit, United only win because they are lucky, refs are baised towards United, fuck injuries, fuck Man United. Anybody that says any different is a just delusional nutter and should be mocked, when the reality is it's just an endless stream of uniformed football fans or bitter fans from other clubs jealous of United's success.

but United have been playing shit football for a while now

doicare pls

Marc

He has been their best player, true. He is also on ridiculous wages which no doubt the rest of the team are ecstatic about, meanwhile threatening to leave every 5 minutes and kicking people like a wild animal. I don't think him playing well on his own is worth sacrificing the team playing well. Personally it comes down between him and RVP and for me RVP is the better option to get the team behind. And Rooney as a bench option is pretty damn good, as opposed to Welbeck or someone.

Who would you pick to play btw?

Clegg

You know doicare is just posting the exact opposite of what actually happens in United games.

Why are people still biting?

Top Bottom