• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Watching the City goals again...Kaboul had a shocker. When he's 100% he would have stopped at least 4 of them, apart from the first and sixth he was in a position to intercept or block all of them. Still a long way from his best, to be expected when starting his 1st league game for 15 months.

doicare

but United have been playing shit football for a while now

doicare pls
United are not as good as they used to be, on paper they have a worse team then they did in the Beckham or Ronaldo era but they're still a good team. You don't have to be a spectacular team that wins 4-0 every game to be considered not shit. If you look back over recent years at most of the games United dropped points in, the reason why that happened was not because United are just shit trolololol, it's because they were screwed over by a horrendous injury list or the team they played against got a bit lucky with decisions going their way.

pulga

Banned
Prove me wrong using todays game as an example please.

image.php

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Arsenal's midfield partnership Wilshere-Cazorla-Ozil.
United's? Cleverly and Fellaini

I think i've spotted the problem.

(correct me if I'm wrong)

They were never reliant on their midfielders though. An even worse midfield pairing won them a title (possibly two?) with SAF.

Their play used to be all about wingers, and now their wingers are dead.

Elchele

They were never reliant on their midfielders though. An even worse midfield pairing won them a title (possibly two?) with SAF.

Their play used to be all about wingers, and their wingers are dead.

They should sign Khedira and use him as winger

Tc91

Their play used to be all about wingers, and their wingers are dead.

Bingo.

I read once that United "bumrush the wings and hit and hope into the box until they score" that shit doesn't even work with Valencia cause he doesn't know how to take a man on.

Stupid cunt. Should have sent him off. Hope he gets retroactively punished.

That's a really stupid thing to hope for, I can't tell if you're being serious or not.

That would do us more harm than good, I've got no doubt in my mind that Rooney is a cunt but he's a fucking good player too, arguably our best.

If you're inclined to think that way for justice then we might as well report Fellaini as well for the punch.

Stop acting like you care about United and go back to Charlton.

My tv is doing some odd shit...

Say I'm watching E4 and I wanna listen to the radio channels ill press the button to switch straight over (no menu navigation)

So now I'm listening to Kisstory then I say ok ill switch back over to E4 by pressing button once again... but instead of taking me back to E4 it take me to the GAY CHAT CHANNEL.

Try explaining that to your girlfriend.

Feorax

My tv is doing some odd shit...

Say I'm watching E4 and I wanna listen to the radio channels ill press the button to switch straight over (no menu navigation)

So now I'm listening to Kisstory then I say ok ill switch back over to E4 by pressing button once again... but instead of taking me back to E4 it take me to the GAY CHAT CHANNEL.

Try explaining that to your girlfriend.

A likely story...

Salvadora

apparently. he's had quite a few smaller injuries this season already.

maybe it's moyes' jurassic park. maybe rvp is turning into glass again.

hope he's fully fit to perform in brazil at least.
Luckily for United they don't compare with his Arsenal injuries pre-2011/12.

Wee niggling injuries. He always seems to recover by the next game.

Ushojax

SPUUUUUUUUUUUUURS. lol, wtf happened?

Lloris forgot how to kick the ball and everybody else soiled themselves as a result. We gifted City the game after 14 seconds and then bent over for further punishment.

Arnie

Just seen the score. Hmm.

Doesn't really surprise me that we drew there but letting in another last minute goal?

More worrying is your lack of control in the game, and just how poorly a £30 million midfielder is playing during a period when you need to rack up points.

Clegg

We're still creating chances, but we're not scoring. Welbeck, god bless him, works extremely hard but he just isn't a top level striker.

We need more quality in the starting xi. We should've brought it in during the summer and I think it's getting to the stage where we need to have a big January.

Elchele

We're still creating chances, but we're not scoring. Welbeck, god bless him, works extremely hard but he just isn't a top level striker.

We need more quality in the starting xi. We should've brought it in during the summer and I think it's getting to the stage where we need to have a big January.

Clegg you sound like last season's Clegg

Messi

That's a really stupid thing to hope for, I can't tell if you're being serious or not.

That would do us more harm than good, I've got no doubt in my mind that Rooney is a cunt but he's a fucking good player too, arguably our best.

If you're inclined to think that way for justice then we might as well report Fellaini as well for the punch.

Stop acting like you care about United and go back to Charlton.

Shots fired.

I eagerly await Saint Wiburs rebuttal

Feorax

I don't know if you can solve enough of United's problems in January. To get United to the standard they should be at, you need at least one winger, at least one fullback, a central midfielder, and probably at least one striker given that Welberg isn't good enough and Rppney will probably be looking to fuck off.

That's a massive ask there, even for a club having a big January.

Clegg

I don't know if you can solve enough of United's problems in January. To get United to the standard they should be at, you need at least one winger, at least one fullback, a central midfielder, and probably at least one striker given that Welberg isn't good enough and Rppney will probably be looking to fuck off.

That's a massive ask there, even for a club having a big January.

It's not possible to bring in all the players we need to in January. By "big" I mean bringing in at least one quality player and having him slot straight into the first team.

The real rebuilding job will have to happen next summer. I hope to fuck our scouts have done their homework and Woodward is willing to spend what is required.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Cunte on Vidal's performance in the heart of the defence “He made me angry at the end with a slightly complacent move, but overall he did brilliantly. It might even be his best role! That’ll solve my problem of having so many great midfielders, I’ll just play Vidal at the back!”

haha-no-o.gif

SACK HIM BEFORE ITS TOO LATE

ruining Asamoah's career wasn't enough apparently -_-

Scum

Fuck knows how I'd react after such a drubbing.

I wouldn't be posting on here, certainly.

It's was a fucking horrible performance and result, but "Fuck it!". Nothing I can change about it. Shit's happened. :'(
Hopefully we score next weekend even though I see us losing against United.

Ushojax

Hopefully we score next weekend even though I see us losing against United.

If we pick the right team we can get something. Enough of Paulinho he hasn't done enough against the big teams.

Lloris
Walker Dawson Vertonghen Naughton
Sandro Dembele
Lennon Lamela Townsend
Adebayor

That team can cause United a lot of problems, if we can get three points next week it could kick-start our season. Of course they will be dangerous but today's result is a freak, there is no way we will have another game like that this season.

Suen

SPUUUUUUUUUUUUURS. lol, wtf happened?
People are acting surprised over this result. I'm more surprised that it took this long for the real Spurs to appear. Soldado come to Arsenal, you will never settle down in that shit team but if you want to be the beast you were in Valencia then Arse will help you. Pls.

Not the kind of wood I was hoping to achieve.

What is it with Antipas. He will either dribble through a whole defense (or well run through them somehow) just to miss an open goal or he will have an actual nice shot for once like just now and hit the crossbar.

Guess a draw is ok too, Midtjylland will have their meltdown in January when Copenhagen buys half of Scandinavia.

Scum

If we pick the right team we can get something. Enough of Paulinho he hasn't done enough against the big teams.

Lloris
Walker Dawson Vertonghen Naughton
Sandro Dembele
Lennon Lamela Townsend
Adebayor

That team can cause United a lot of problems, if we can get three points next week it could kick-start our season. Of course they will be dangerous but today's result is a freak, there is no way we will have another game like that this season.

I don't think it's a freak result, to be honest. We asked for trouble from the get go and got buggered for it. I've written of the game against United as well. Call me a pessimist, but we're in for a shitty season.
Not a bad lineup.

Top Bottom