• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

I've found Bacon's alt. Someone tell a mod.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/member.php?u=194204

I still can't believe someone received a tag HERE! NFL, NBA, or NHL GAF? Sure, it happens. But FootyGAF?

I believe it's the same mod who tagged Bacon. Same style etc.

ibxty9pOwXB3vR.gif

Amazing!

Blablurn

And Bayern have Javi Martinez. My dream midfielder. I would give my ballsack for him to be an Arsenal player.

I could see Schweini going to Arsenal in the future. I don't think he will last much longer under the Pep system. Schweini, Özil, Giroud. Could work.

Barzul

I got really drunk tonight and there was moment as I reached my height of wastedness, I saw it. In one moment of clarity, I saw it. Arsenal 5 - Man United 0. And the Old Trattford faithful wept.

tumblr_m40dt7ZR6n1rw559co1_500.jpg

tumblr_m447lmVAji1rw559co1_500.jpg

Goodnight GAF. And fuck Spurs.

Suen

We could totally buy Adnan if we wanted. But we don't want him.
Adnan is preparing for his move to Real Madrid in the future. United fans know it, we have a special intimate relationship with them.

and even when they sell their best players to us we still won't win La Decima. Perez plz

Lightning

Banned
Fuck Arsenal fans talking about "the problems United have"

You haven't won a fucking fluffy animal yet

So keep it down
Its only an opinion you arrogant twit. If you can't handle any opinions on your club you should shut the fuck up about other clubs.

Being a United fan doesn't give you special entitlements.

GorillaJu

Arsenal fans are just on vacation from their abusive dad. The longer they're out, the more that first spanking is gonna hurt.

Daddy Moyes is oiling up his biggest leather paddle as we speak.

Suen

Its only an opinion you arrogant twit. If you can't handle any opinions on your club you should shut the fuck up about other clubs.

They do have a special entitlement to talk about midtable clubs now though.

PaulLFC

Just been confirmed on BT, they have all Champions League and Europa League matches from 2015. Finals and some other matches will be free.

True, but I hope United aren't the ones that give them it.

We've been out of the loop for far too long to let club rivalry dictate our wants imo. 2 points from top approaching the end of November would make some nice reading. Assuming we beat Fulham. Which we'd fucking better do.

If Arsenal's title challenge is going to wobble, I want it to happen sooner rather than later, as it would keep us reasonabl close to the top in the short term, and give us a better chance of 4th over the rest of the season. Man Utd will have plenty of other games where I can hope they lose, without it putting us at a disadvantage :p

A draw tomorrow would satisfy my brain and my heart though :p

The football package is Sky's greatest asset. It'll be interesting to see how their prices react when BT begins to offer CL football with some PL games.

Bumhead

Banned
BT are pretty serious about this whole football thing, aren't they..

2015 at least gives them time to get some fucking fibre optic laid where I am.

Walshy

We've been out of the loop for far too long to let club rivalry dictate our wants imo. 2 points from top approaching the end of November would make some nice reading. Assuming we beat Fulham. Which we'd fucking better do.

If Arsenal's title challenge is going to wobble, I want it to happen sooner rather than later, as it would keep us reasonabl close to the top in the short term, and give us a better chance of 4th over the rest of the season. Man Utd will have plenty of other games where I can hope they lose, without it putting us at a disadvantage :p

A draw tomorrow would satisfy my brain and my heart though :p
A draw is what I want as well. Arsenal beed to play City and Chelsea still, so I'd prefer them thrashing Arsenal rather than United if I got to have a choice.

We should beat Fulham, I'd be angry if we didnt and would be a waste of a trip to Anfield for me, especially since Anfield is a fucking nightmare to get out of due to the shitty transport links all around the ground.

I hope Allen starts today. I'd have 4-3-3 with Agger getting a game again too.

Not going to happen.

This increased competition is really shit for the consumer. I want all my sport I one place. I don't want to pay multiple subscriptions.

On the one hand, monopolies are bad for competition. On the other, competing for exclusive rights is bad for the consumer. Shit.

The Olympics were so simple, give everything to the BBC :p

Sky have the red-button exclusive when it comes to football, don't they? If so, can you imagine BT broadcasting all these live games in HD over the internet? The amount of lag and buffering? Ugh. Even though fibre services will expand by 2015, I still can't see a smooth broadcast coming through the wire with the amount of traffic it will undoubtedly get, especially those who will clog up the network by streaming it for others

Wilbur

Banned
Fuck Arsenal fans talking about "the problems United have"

You haven't won a fucking fluffy animal yet

So keep it down

This was stunningly funny :lol

They do have a special entitlement to talk about midtable clubs now though.

3 clubs

One hasn't won anything since before Boudicca's hymen broke

One isn't even second in a two team league

One is so past the point of relevancy you might as well have Judge Reinhold playing for you

Giving shit out works if you can stick to one club and they're mildly successful baby. Can't go flicking to barbs about mid table when your precious Parmesan don't even know what the top of the table looks like. Might well be a fucking field of gargantuan cocked unicorns delivered to your shitty training complex when you get there. They'll never know.

can't wait for Arsenal to pull a Benfica. we were 1 match away from winning EVERYTHING.

1 match away from winning the League
1 match away from winning the EL
1 match away from winning the Cup

Killzone Mercenary is so fucking fantastic that I wonder what all the reviewers are on about.

Granted it isn't perfect but it's fun and the gyro aiming works like a dream.

Wilbur

Banned
Good. Won a few quid at the dogs, went club and got pretty mangoed, had a hot dog and slept for an hour.

Now on my way to change a shirt and then home to sleep until the next solar eclipse.

How was your night my beautiful clog wearing cunt

Bumhead

Banned
I've gone a bit loopy this weekend with the accas. Have about 28 teams across 3 slips with about a grand to play for. Some duplicated fixtures too.

Only need 1 to come in though for some nice prrrrrrofit.

They'll bide their time until BT run out of money, just like ITV Digital :p

BT made half year profits before tax of almost £1bn, they aren't running out of money any time soon. If anything when the EPL rights come back up for sale I could easily see them going for an extra pack of top games.

Top Bottom