• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

Wilbur

Banned
G2xoNJt.gif

Adnan pulling Arnie lips and Tony having a fucking root

Gorgeous gif, Sal. Bookmarked.

Good. Won a few quid at the dogs, went club and got pretty mangoed, had a hot dog and slept for an hour.

Now on my way to change a shirt and then home to sleep until the next solar eclipse.

How was your night my beautiful clog wearing cunt
My night consisted out of watching Quiche and Cola miss a penalty during a FIFA cup match. It was hilarious.

Salazar

sportingintelligence ‏@sportingintel 49s
Sky had a plan code-named 'Project Purple' to "strangle at birth" BT Sport.

Involuntarily visualising an engorged penis.

Also, baby-strangling is not a frightfully good metaphor to circulate.

Arnie

No early PL game?

:(

Probably for the best.

Got a mate staying this weekend and we're gonna trawl the Southbank post-brekky. Gives me a bit of breathing room to envelop myself in London shit before the 3pm two pints and a scream at some innocent television.

If Brendan the redeemer plays three central defenders against Fulham I'll slip a disc.

Suen

This was stunningly funny :lol

3 clubs

One hasn't won anything since before Boudicca's hymen broke

One isn't even second in a two team league

One is so past the point of relevancy you might as well have Judge Reinhold playing for you

Giving shit out works if you can stick to one club and they're mildly successful baby. Can't go flicking to barbs about mid table when your precious Parmesan don't even know what the top of the table looks like. Might well be a fucking field of gargantuan cocked unicorns delivered to your shitty training complex when you get there. They'll never know.
:looool Wilbrrr your posts are amazing <3

One has a chance of winning the league

The other will bounce back and win the league

The third one is held back by a fat fucker and a shitty manager.

One big club went down to a midtable position just after a change in a manager. One small club has had their manager changed 18 times since they were somewhat sucessful and are, for now, surviving in the top league. I can only imagine where United would be if it went through that many changes, you wouldn't even be playing in the sunday league then!

It's Arsenal's time, it's Madrid's time
Parma is being purified
, it's City's time.

Wilbrrr pls understand.

Probably for the best.

Got a mate staying this weekend and we're gonna trawl the Southbank post-brekky. Gives me a bit of breathing room to envelop myself in London shit before the 3pm two pints and a scream at some innocent television.

If Brendan the redeemer plays three central defenders against Fulham I'll slip a disc.

If one of them is Agger, I can deal with it. Johnson is back as well, so it may be a good oppurtunity to further refine the formation and player roles before making our way to Goodison in a fortnight.

How will you be watching the match then, one of those pubs with a foreign satellite stream?

Why are certain next gen game sizes so big? I get it for the ones with loads of content and great texture details/audio/cutscenenes/languages etc, but CoD:G at 49gb? Is that padding to make it look next-gen, or is it merely lazy, bloated file management?

Either way, it will max out the hard drive at some disappointingly near point unless it stops. They're decently sized now, but they're not big enough for data management to cease being an annoyance

Suen

We're closer to second than you are lol
oh shit this is true I checked it now :looooooooooooool. Madrid truly is the Spanish Moyes Boys. Atletico and City shining like bright stars, United and Madrid being the turd inside the turd on the street.

Wilbur

Banned
Arse - United is tomorrow? Bummer, I thought it was today for sure.

I'm working 12-5, 6-10. Get to watch the second half innit. Long fucken day. Chicken. Why

Got told today they're opening one up in gatwick that'll be open 22 hours a day, closes for 2 hours to be cleaned and then opened again. Shit is nuts.

Asked if anyone's interested in working there. Please no, Nandos

oh shit this is true I checked it now :looooooooooooool. Madrid truly is the Spanish Moyes Boys. Atletico and City shining like bright stars, United and Madrid being the turd inside the turd on the street.

If City are shining, what the fuck are Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs and Liverpool doing? :p

What would make you buy an Xbox One now?
Exclusive games?

Well nothing really, only Dead Rising 3 looks interesting but not enough to pay that much for the Xbox.

Forza's version of F1 is graphically impressive but steering wheels that work on the Xbox generally don't work on the PS4 and the only game worth getting a steering wheel for is on the PS3/PS4.

Suen

jzKLsXg.gif

Like what, Suen ?

MF0c5TG.gif

Like what.

VGKTfSv.gif
Salazar pls let me enjoy this moment, let me enjoy the hope we have. If we lose tomorrow it will be a black spot that will never disappear and United fans will remind us of it for years to come.

If City are shining, what the fuck are Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs and Liverpool doing? :p
Let's not compare them to the successful clubs, that would be embarrassing
don't kill me Panty!

Hixx

"At least one match involving each participating British team for free every season"

So they are only obligated to show 4 games + the final for free. ITV currently show one game every match-week.

"The contract, priced at £299m a season, is worth more than double the current arrangement, which could mean significantly more money for clubs in the two European competitions."

That's exactly what football needs.
e5YuU.gif
The rich to get richer.

Wilbur

Banned
If City are shining, what the fuck are Chelsea, Spurs and Liverpool doing?

but but spurs don't deserve to be in the top four

Fuck it. They may not be scoring many but they're conceding even less. All they need is for Erik Cantona to turn up in the league now and they'll be fine

Wish we bought him.

What am I saying? He'd be ostracised like Zaha-aha

Arnie

If one of them is Agger, I can deal with it. Johnson is back as well, so it may be a good oppurtunity to further refine the formation and player roles before making our way to Goodison in a fortnight.

How will you be watching the match then, one of those pubs with a foreign satellite stream?

There's a Liverpool supporters pub in London called Ruse that I'm going to. Never been before but apparently it's packed with reds. Conscious of delving into that Pig n Whistle mentality, tho.

No substitute for the match. Need to get myself some tickets sorted.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Why are certain next gen game sizes so big? I get it for the ones with loads of content and great texture details/audio/cutscenenes/languages etc, but CoD:G at 49gb? Is that padding to make it look next-gen, or is it merely lazy, bloated file management?

Either way, it will max out the hard drive at some disappointingly near point unless it stops. They're decently sized now, but they're not big enough for data management to cease being an annoyance

Probably has some HD movies. Uncharted 3 was absurdly huge because the cutscenes were all pre-baked.

Wilbur

Banned
"At least one match involving each participating British team for free every season"

So they are only obligated to show 4 games + the final for free. ITV currently show one game every match-week.

"The contract, priced at £299m a season, is worth more than double the current arrangement, which could mean significantly more money for clubs in the two European competitions."

That's exactly what football needs.
e5YuU.gif
The rich to get richer.

So the 2015/16 qualifying teams break further away

Jake humphreys you cunt what have you done

Jeff have a word

Uncompressed audio, video, textures, button prompts, etc

Wilbur

Banned
Why the hell there are no PL games starting before 3 pm? Son I'm disappoint.

Out of respect for the nap I so desperately need

Feel a cracking poo coming on as well. Can tell it's gonna be one of those shits when you mistake airy farts for the screams of a pained asshole.

C'est manifique

K1LLER7

Well nothing really, only Dead Rising 3 looks interesting but not enough to pay that much for the Xbox.

Forza's version of F1 is graphically impressive but steering wheels that work on the Xbox generally don't work on the PS4 and the only game worth getting a steering wheel for is on the PS3/PS4.
I think I'll grab one in the future, towards the end of the next gen.

I really want a Wii U too. Need to play that Wind Waker HD and Smash.

WJD

Out of respect for the nap I so desperately need

Feel a cracking poo coming on as well. Can tell it's gonna be one of those shits when you mistake airy farts for the screams of a pained asshole.

C'est manifique

I was so drunk the other night I forgot how to poo. Couldn't push from the right place so just had a wank instead.

Top Bottom