• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

GQman2121

Banned
I can't believe how terrible we've been, yet we're still right there near the top. This won't last if something doesn't change.

Wes

venison crêpe
Lpbr5XO.gif

Wilbur

Banned
A Chelsea side with the poorest centre backs and centre midfield I can remember them having are still only four points off the top in November.

Lets not go overboard lads. Anyway, moot point. Moyeezus is coming.

jtb

Banned
wouldn't mind Liverpool in the top 4, as long as it means Arsenal win the title. that's a faustian pact I can live with.

D_prOdigy

On a serious note, can't wait for Mourinho's sanctimonious sack of condescending shite in his interview about how he thought West Brom deserved the win.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

There was no way that a wimp like Marriner wouldn't give that. He'd rather give them a soft one and get some stick for that than potentially cost them a point by not calling it at all. That's just the way it goes at the big teams.

Something ironic about a Liverpool fan telling Chelsea we have no class and are shameful. Seems some people have very short memories.

I suppose he was outraged when Branna got bitten by Suarez last season then scored a late equaliser.

Just have to ask yourself, would West Brom have been given that at the other end? Fuck no is the answer you'll come up with if you have a jot of sense, and that is the great problem with English officiating. Unforgivably shit decisions every fucking week, and its the same 8 or so teams who benefit every time

bjaelke

#LFC 4 - 0 Fulham
Possession 68% - 32%
Shots 32 - 4
On target 10 - 1

We should probably have netted a few more. Henderson was fantastic today. Easily motm for me.

And that's a pathetic dive by the young Ramires.

Suen

Cristiano hattrick (FK included)
BaleGOD managed to make Khedira score with an assist
Benzema 1 assist, 1 goal

Pretty satisfied, apart from Pepe's fuck up that led to Sociedad's goal.
Looks like Ancelotti is still using that dumb formation and that our defense is still shit. Fuck our defense either need to sort out their problems or we should kick out each one and bring in a whole new defense. Perhaps Ramos will do better as RB but Pepe has never been a stable variable in central defense. I'm not going to judge Varane yet and I'll give Carvajal more time (let's not forget how long time it took for Modric to get used to the team). But yeah defense is our biggest weakness now...it needs loads of improvements and if none are made we should invest in some new players in January.

I'm glad Khedira turned out to be useful for one game at least. Benz seem to do better these days but I am not convinced, let's see if he can keep this up. If he does, great keep using him. If not then Morata/Jese pls.

Also Isco not starting again.......Ancelotti must be one of our worst managers when it comes to line ups. Fucking use him already, him on the pitch brings much more creative play than what it does with fucking Khedira there, if he's going to go with his stupid 4-3-3 at least use:

Illara - Isco - Modric
CR7 - Morata/Jese
/Benz
- Bale

Fuck I get so irritated that Isco has become a benchwarmer. I thought he was going to explode this season :'(

Arnie

wouldn't mind Liverpool in the top 4, as long as it means Arsenal win the title. that's a faustian pact I can live with.
Deal m8

Rather Arsenal win it than United or Chelsea.

Although those two have been shite this season and look far from any sort of league winning consistency.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Just have to ask yourself, would West Brom have been given that at the other end? Fuck no is the answer you'll come up with if you have a jot of sense, and that is the great problem with English officiating. Unforgivably shit decisions every fucking week, and its the same 8 or so teams who benefit every time

It's not something exclusive to England. Bigger teams get more decisions in their favour, it happens in every competition.

Also Cech was terrible today. Get Courtois in next season and let them fight it out.

It won't be much of a fight. I thought Cech had been playing well recently, and then he does that. Such a basic error.

Need a world class striker and a someone else for the pivot. I think Jose only players Lampard and Ramires so often because he doesn't have anyone else.

Top Bottom