• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

ShogunX

I believe this is more about Shogun's complete and utter disdain for Chelsea than anything that ever happened on GAF.

Not even GAF can contain this one.

I actually don't mind Chelsea (well I like Mata and Ivanovic) but shit like that today just sends me over the top. Watching it back on that gif makes it look like a brown envelope special. Cant handle seeing Mourinho's smug fucking face when in reality he's been pretty shit since his return.

In a somewhat predictable comment - If that had been Suarez there would be calls for him to be deported, ''Sir'' Alex would be out of retirement, Thatcher risen from the dead and 666 in full meltdown.

Wilbur

Banned
So tmrw we will gain at least one place and if we are very lucky maybe another if either Spurs or City slip up.

City are playing Sunderland though so despite their awful away form they should be winning at least 3-0.

Spurs however might struggle although they'd have to lose for us to leapfrog them which is probably a big ask.

But yeah at least we can go above Everton and then I can start ripping into faridmon.

Genuinely have no idea how it's going to go tomorrow. Something's telling me we're going to get the win but Arsenal are gonna be well up for it.

Gutted I can't watch the whole thing and then take part in the post match discourse here.

City will win tomorrow. Aguero's in the form of his life, no way O'Shea keeps him quiet lol.

He's right about the blatant free kick leading to the west brom goal though.

No doubt.

So how does he fix it? Would we have played better with Torres? (I know he's injured, hopefully he'll be back for West Ham)

Need another striker and someone else to go in the pivot, its clear Mou doesn't fancy Essien or Mikel there. January will be very interesting for us.

H13

Still, what a difference of our defense compared to last season,many holes and not like a fortress like it used to.

Damn and Cech getting rusted.
We kinda deserve to lose :(

Mourinho need to change Chelsea Defense on the Jan transfer windows ,imo.

Lightning

Banned
So tmrw we will gain at least one place and if we are very lucky maybe another if either Spurs or City slip up.

City are playing Sunderland though so despite their awful away form they should be winning at least 3-0.

Spurs however might struggle although they'd have to lose for us to leapfrog them which is probably a big ask.

But yeah at least we can go above Everton and then I can start ripping into faridmon.
you aren't gaining shit. Ozil and Ramsey going to end you. You're going to join Dortmund

anything less than 0-3 would be a major disappointment for me
4cxflBg.png
bud I hope you have some older women on speed dial for 6pm tmrw.

I actually don't mind Chelsea (well I like Mata and Ivanovic) but shit like that today just sends me over the top. Watching it back on that gif makes it look like a brown envelope special. Cant handle seeing Mourinho's smug fucking face when in reality he's been pretty shit since his return.

In a somewhat predictable comment - If that had been Suarez there would be calls for him to be deported, ''Sir'' Alex would be out of retirement, Thatcher risen from the dead and 666 in full meltdown.
You've let yourself down, Shogun.

Genuinely have no idea how it's going to go tomorrow. Something's telling me we're going to get the win but Arsenal are gonna be well up for it.

Gutted I can't watch the whole thing and then take part in the post match discourse here.

City will win tomorrow. Aguero's in the form of his life, no way O'Shea keeps him quiet lol.
We're gonna win, 2-1. Trust.\

Btw I didn't write that article, sorry :(

you aren't gaining shit. Ozil and Ramsey going to end you. You're going to join Dortmund
lol you shut the fuck up

Marc

If the BBC attempted to get CL rights, I'm sure the Tories would have all BBC executives executed.

True, should be a rule that terrestrial channels get a package of Premier League, Champions League, Internationals etc.. Have one set of games to be bid for between the terrestrial channels, having the pinnacle of football only available to people with enough money is a bit shit.

Wilbur

Banned
We're gonna win, 2-1. Trust.

Btw I didn't write that article, sorry :(

2-1 is my gut feeling as well. We'll play shit but win, dunno, something is making me say it. Delicious.

Don't worry about it baby. Would love you to write it when you get the time because you're a good writer, but no rush or worry if you don't think you will!

I'll get doicare on it

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Chelsea have a lot of CAMs but very little quality in deeper positions. Maybe they will sell Mata and Luiz and buy a quality CB and a CM.

ShogunX

You're aware he's actually been knighted and he's not a thirteen year old boy who thought it would be funny to call himself Sir Shits A Lot on his nectar card application right

"Luis" Suarez

I am but I also having a hard time accepting that the drunken old bastard has a knighthood.

Can't be too hard on Cech for that shocker he has been mostly great this season so far so a little mistake like that won't draw much ire from me.

I can handle any curry with ease below the vindaloo level and yet somehow I still won't pucker up the courage to try a vindaloo. I think I fear I won't handle it and then it would be a waste of money. :lol

I'm ordering a biryani as well, eating half then start on the vindaloo that way at least I've had half a meal.

Can't forget the keema naan either.

So how does he fix it? Would we have played better with Torres? (I know he's injured, hopefully he'll be back for West Ham)

Need another striker and someone else to go in the pivot, its clear Mou doesn't fancy Essien or Mikel there. January will be very interesting for us.

Need a striker that can play the target man role better, the only option for whoever plays out wide is to try and cut in in every match, which results in the opponents just playing real narrow like west brom today, loaning out Lukaku was such a terrible fucking decision. Now I don't think there's anything to do but wait it out until the rest of the season with useless Ba, Eto'o who only scores pure gifts and Torres who is... Torres. Will prefer Torres to start but it's not good enough for Chelsea.

Disappointed to see Van Ginkel not getting any chances, he looked good during pre season I thought, what could fix the midfield I really don't know, can't even see any obvious players to buy.

Ozil and Ramsey are beasting. I think we have a very small chance of winning.

Unless of course, Fellaini steps up and our defenders stops being shit.

Wilbur

Banned
Chelsea have a lot of CAMs but very little quality in deeper positions. Maybe they will sell Mata and Luiz and buy a quality CB and a CM.

Ramires, Lampard and Mikel is an utterly dogshit centre midfield that I would argue is worse than ours. Absolute nuts for Mourinho to have a side so lacking right through the spine of the team.

I am but I also having a hard time accepting that the drunken old bastard has a knighthood.

Please read his autobiography and find out how xoxo

Suen

You are genuinely a fucking moron.
I'm not the one bitching about leagues here whenever some ref of a joke does a shit mistake in La Liga. It's mostly BPL cunts, or did you grow so much hair on your eyeballs that you missed all the "Lol Liga" comments? Here allow me to explain the process for you:

1. Ref favors Madrid/Barca and give them some advantage based on a stupid mistake
2. Mostly BPL goes "Lol Liga" "Joke League" "Shit League" etc.
3. La Liga posters shit back on BPL
4. United can't even beat Sociedad

Can't take it? Don't play it. Fuck off.

Luiz will go I think, he won't change his game for Mou seemingly. I think Cahill would have been off but for how Luiz has played.

Mata won't go anywhere, we'll get a CM, striker is a bigger problem for us.

Also, still can't believe how casual that penalty was from Hazard. Think he's probably got a bit of cheek celebrating it like he did though.

Need a striker that can play the target man role better, the only option for whoever plays out wide is to try and cut in in every match, which results in the opponents just playing real narrow like west brom today, loaning out Lukaku was such a terrible fucking decision. Now I don't think there's anything to do but wait it out until the rest of the season with useless Ba, Eto'o who only scores pure gifts and Torres who is... Torres. Will prefer Torres to start but it's not good enough for Chelsea.

Disappointed to see Van Ginkel not getting any chances, he looked good during pre season I thought, what could fix the midfield I really don't know, can't even see any obvious players to buy.
Injured?

I always do when it comes to football. It's the reason I let you skinny jeans/espadrilles wearing students to have nice banter between you. I get a bit too nasty :)

I miss Kermit. He was a cunt too.
SLIM not skinny.

Skinny jeans are scary. My skin needs oxygen.

Well MvG is out with a cruciate ligament injury and when he played earlier in the season I thought it was a bit much for him.

Need someone quality in that CM role, Lampard and Rami are fine against certain teams but when we need some quality in that position it doesn't really happen. As much as he's a legend I think Frank is playing too often. Can see us spending some money in January for sure now. The squad isn't broken, they just need to buck up their idea and fill in 2/3 positions.

Interesting to see Jose's comments about Cole too, think Azpili could be a born again left back.

bud

She thinks it was some guy named "mustapha kemal" around 35 years ago.

Help me find my lost father.

Mustafa Kemal Atatürk (pronounced [musˈtäfä ceˈmäl ätäˈtyɾc]; 19 May 1881 (conventional) – 10 November 1938) was a Turkish army officer in the Ottoman military, revolutionary statesman, and the first President of Turkey. He is credited with being the founder of the Republic of Turkey. His surname, Atatürk (meaning "Father of the Turks"), was granted to him in 1934 and forbidden to any other person by the Turkish parliament.[1]

Atatürk was a military officer during World War I.[2] Following the defeat of the Ottoman Empire in World War I, he led the Turkish national movement in the Turkish War of Independence. Having established a provisional government in Ankara, he defeated the forces sent by the Allies. His military campaigns led to victory in the Turkish War of Independence. Atatürk then embarked upon a program of political, economic, and cultural reforms, seeking to transform the former Ottoman Empire into a modern, secular, and democratic nation-state. Under his leadership, thousands of new schools were built, primary education was made free and compulsory, while the burden of taxation on peasants was reduced.[3] The principles of Atatürk's reforms, upon which modern Turkey was established, are referred to as Kemalism.

9GUCptO.jpg

how old is your mom? this is beyond gilf territory, bruh.

kinky as fuck.

would. definitely.

Wilbur

Banned
Lallana goal today.

Sooooogooooood

It was absolutely brilliant.

I'm not the one bitching about leagues here whenever some ref of a joke does a shit mistake in La Liga. It's mostly BPL cunts, or did you grow so much hair on your eyeballs that you missed all the "Lol Liga" comments? Here allow me to explain the process for you:

1. Ref favors Madrid/Barca and give them some advantage based on a stupid mistake
2. Mostly BPL goes "Lol Liga" "Joke League" "Shit League" etc.
3. La Liga posters shit back on BPL
4. United can't even beat Sociedad

Can't take it? Don't play it. Fuck off.

You are legitimately, genuinely a fucking braindead moron.

This stems from Pulga who calls out a PL referee, one which a thousand fucking posters called out just previous to his post, and then one or two saying Elche, me included.

For some bizarre reason I can only assume is intrinsic to your plan to keep up this bizarre curtain of cuntery and confusion that you have about you, you start railing on PL fans for repeatedly calling out the Elche decision as if it renders any decision today null and void. Even more mystifying is it comes after every single poster said the ref's had a shocker. It also implies that you don't think there was anything wrong with the penalty Madrid were given against Elche if you shit through irrational fury the moment anyone mentions it.

In the end Susan, you're confused once again. Don't worry about it. I would be too if I couldn't keep track of all my fixtures on football manager when I'm managing eleven different clubs.

Top Bottom