• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

pulga

Banned
pulga are you getting the ps4 this year?

Maybe. Depends if I get my car money this year.

Madrid and Chelsea both benefit from referee calls more so than small clubs.

When it happens in La Liga, we say fucking cunts Madrid because they're getting penalties unjustly because they are Madrid.

What's incorrect about that?

Because you deluded neanderthals don't call out Madrid, you go "LOLiga" "Shit league" "Joke league" etc etc

When the same shit happens in your league. But we don't get to go "BPLol"?

Double standards do you punks have em

Lightning

Banned
I'm not talking about people shitting on clubs, by that measurement United would come out at the top and nothing is incorrect about that. I'm talking about people who dismiss the entire league by calling it a joke, how is that fair?
Because it is. Madrid are miles ahead of smaller clubs in Spain. The fact that the top 2 or 3 never changes is a testament to this. It's like Madrid get bullshit penalties to keep them close at the top in order to keep excitement to what is a boring league otherwise. Because being honest if Madrid and Barca are not close to one another then the entire league falls apart which is not good for viewers or growing ratings.

Ref made a stupid decision today, ref knew straight away, but the pl is much more open to excitement because at the top you have 6 teams.

Wilbur

Banned
I'm not talking about people shitting on clubs, by that measurement United would come out at the top and nothing is incorrect about that. I'm talking about people who dismiss the entire league by calling it a joke, how is that fair?

I think its a joke because of the absolute financial disparity between the big two and the rest of the league that isn't born out of oligarchs or achievements but because the league is legitimately fucked in the way its set up. Atletico are a breath of fresh air not only because they are a great side to watch but because they're actually challenging.

I like watching a fair few teams in the league. But I don't like the league. The way its organised gives teams no impetus to spend a few money and try and challenge like Spurs have, or even teams like Southampton and Norwich have done to try and better a mid table finish.

pulga

Banned
I'm not getting into this moronic Liga vs PL debate again

What's this about Blatter announcing the Ballon d'Or has been expanded to include 5 finalists?

Guess he's not happy only one Barca player made it into the top 3 list this year.

Yen

BYpkjJWCIAASP8P.jpg:large

Wilbur

Banned
I wish I could make all kinds of complaint/comments on international football in FM.

Still with the Ireland?

Yeah! Top of the Euro qualifying group with 10 points from 12, in a group with Israel, Poland, Portugal, Malta and Gibraltar. Gonna do Euro 2016 and then either leave them or Wednesday depending on how I did in the PL lol. If I get relegated then I'm gonna leave, the Championship's such a fucking grind. So many games, all my players low on fitness and injured and shit :(

What did Jose say about Cole?

Didn't like his performance against Newcastle and that Azpili had played great last two games or something.

Most of the players who played against Newcastle have come back in I think? I think Azpili is great, seems Jose doesn't like Bertrand which is a shame (don't think he's injured) could certainly solve a problem for us when Cole eventually goes if have Branna at RB and Azpili at lb, versatility is good.

cremino

Milan would be stupid as fuck to sell him and if they do I hope the team gets relegated. Sorry Milan-GAF, it's just a dirty thing to do, that player could be your next big star in the club and yet this is how he is treated.

Milan is in confusion lately lol.....Btw I don't think they will sell Elsha in january
There's a good chance they will sell Balotelli tough

Wilbur

Banned

What's this about Blatter announcing the Ballon d'Or has been expanded to include 5 finalists?

Guess he's not happy only one Barca player made it into the top 3 list this year.

Didn't see that. Messi, Ronaldo, Xavi, Iniesta, Zaha gonna get nominated.

Scum

Making extra room to accommodate Ramsey and Townsend.

Carbonox

Holy shit Dead Rising 3 looks absolutely terrible. Visually and gameplay-wise. Baffles me how people are impressed with it.

Barzul

Milan is in confusion lately lol.....Btw I don't think they will sell Elsha in january
There's a good chance they will sell Balotelli tough
Who would buy him? I'd take him at Arsenal, but I doubt Wenger would do it and I'm not sure he'd want to come back to England. Arsenal really is the only elite European club that needs a striker in Jan.

Expanded to fit Bale and Neymar in for the next decade.

Scum

Yeah! Top of the Euro qualifying group with 10 points from 12, in a group with Israel, Poland, Portugal, Malta and Gibraltar. Gonna do Euro 2016 and then either leave them or Wednesday depending on how I did in the PL lol. If I get relegated then I'm gonna leave, the Championship's such a fucking grind. So many games, all my players low on fitness and injured and shit :(

The fun of FM. :D

Holy shit Dead Rising 3 looks absolutely terrible. Visually and gameplay-wise. Baffles me how people are impressed with it.

It's GamingGAF. Most get excited and pissed off over anything.

Holy shit forgot that. Gibraltar is gonna make Andorra look like Pele's Brazil.

Scum

People are also impressed with Ryse.

I miss the mid-tier games from the PS1/PS2 era... atleast I have Saints Row...

This is why I don't think much of this gen. There have been a fair amount of great games, but the biggest travesty is the loss of mid-tier game development. Look at football titles nowadays. It's pretty much just fucking FIFA. :-/

Who would buy him? I'd take him at Arsenal, but I doubt Wenger would do it and I'm not sure he'd want to come back to England. Arsenal really is the only elite European club that needs a striker in Jan.

Arsenal really is the only elite European club that needs a striker in Jan.

Arsenal really is the only elite European club

Arsenal ... elite European club
lol, good one

Scum

One of the lads at work, a West Ham fan, said that Big Sam would be in all kinds of trouble if we hadn't gifted him 3pts.

Showaddy

Haha, touché. Looking forward to making it a double at WHL this season.

You realise I'll actually have to leave my job if that happens? There aren't even any Hammers fans at work but the amount of abuse I got after that result was off the scale lol

Top Bottom