• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
10761499275_ce40c29e2b_o.gif

And this too

iCN1aDlLuSfb.gif

Good stuff Wes

phaze

Who would buy him? I'd take him at Arsenal, but I doubt Wenger would do it and I'm not sure he'd want to come back to England. Arsenal really is the only elite European club that needs a striker in Jan.

Urgh we don't need his antics in the dressing room. Milan won't sell and Wengie won't buy so thankfully it's a moot question.

That feint Zebra site is glorious.

Just how shit of a performance does Nolan have to put in for Sam to ever consider dropping him? Or even subbing him earlier than 85 minutes into a match?

Abysmal. We need Carroll back, now. Which is a real shame, as I doubt he'll be back before the new year. I'm reminded of the season we went down with Avram. Too many draws, not enough goals.

Edit, nice to be reminded every so often how easy it is to despise the barcode cunts. Do one.

bjaelke

Bendtner had a meltdown in front of a journalist which resulted in a damn fine article with the headline "Nicklas Bendtner: You can't get to me".

I love that bastard.

Suen

Because it is. Madrid are miles ahead of smaller clubs in Spain. The fact that the top 2 or 3 never changes is a testament to this. It's like Madrid get bullshit penalties to keep them close at the top in order to keep excitement to what is a boring league otherwise. Because being honest if Madrid and Barca are not close to one another then the entire league falls apart which is not good for viewers or growing ratings.

Ref made a stupid decision today, ref knew straight away, but the pl is much more open to excitement because at the top you have 6 teams.

I think its a joke because of the absolute financial disparity between the big two and the rest of the league that isn't born out of oligarchs or achievements but because the league is legitimately fucked in the way its set up. Atletico are a breath of fresh air not only because they are a great side to watch but because they're actually challenging.

I like watching a fair few teams in the league. But I don't like the league. The way its organised gives teams no impetus to spend a few money and try and challenge like Spurs have, or even teams like Southampton and Norwich have done to try and better a mid table finish.
and to believe this is absolutely fine and the arguments about how the league is fucked up and kills much excitement due to Barca/Madrid monopoly on the league is quite true. This is not to say that the other teams in La Liga suck, many of them are decent and even strong sides as shown in EL and CL. In terms of having exciting results and being more challenging I prefer BPL more, and Serie A more than it. I know people joke, I know people troll....and this is why I joke back when similar incidents happen to them. I'm not trying to show Lol Liga as some bacon of justice and BPL as some shit league, especially since I follow both leagues.

Wilbur

Banned
OT9| lol Liga, bacon of justice

Man that Ronaldo free kick is sublime. Stunning player. Been the best in 2013 I think, sorry Ribery xoxoxo fuck Bayern

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Suen, you're usually cool headed and always joking around, what's wrong?
KuGsj.gif

edit:

Bacon of justice

fainting-lady-o.gif

Sloane

Banned
Also funny how Klopp claimed the ref was against Dortmund, saying that this wasn't the first match like this under him.
People, possibly sometimes including Klopp, need to realize that we are competing with Leverkusen and Schalke, not Bayern, because Bundesliga isn't a one team league, it is the one team league. Spain at least got Real and Barca roughly on the same level, PL's got a bunch of teams at the top, but Dortmund's budget and squad compares to Bayern's about the same as Aston Villa's does to Arsenal's.

The surprising thing here isn't that we can't always compete with Bayern but that we sometimes can or could, which is still more than anyone should expect really.

This season, we are sadly not playing at the same level as last year or the year before, mostly due to the loss of Götze and Gündogan, which shows especially in the CL, but we are still a pretty good team and should be able to get second or third place at the end -- in an admittedly not very strong Bundesliga.

But expecting us to compete with Bayern just because we somehow managed to play incredible football for two years in a row is weird when you look at our squad and theirs.

Wilbur

Banned
People, possibly sometimes including Klopp, need to realize that we are competing with Leverkusen and Schalke, not Bayern, because Bundesliga isn't a one team league, it is the one team league. Spain at least got Real and Barca roughly on the same level, PL's got a bunch of teams at the top, but Dortmund's budget and squad compares to Bayern's about the same as Aston Villa's does to Arsenal's.

The surprising thing here isn't that we can't always compete with Bayern but that we sometimes can or could, which is still more than anyone should expect really.

This season, we are sadly not playing at the same level as last year or the year before, mostly due to the loss of Götze and Gündogan, which shows especially in the CL, but we are still a pretty good team and should be able to get second or third place at the end -- in an admittedly not very strong Bundesliga.

But expecting us to compete with Bayern just because we somehow managed to play incredible football for two years in a row is weird when you look at our squad and theirs.

Very good post. Think people are expecting too much of Dortmund sometimes; they're an absolutely fantastic side with a fantastic manager, but even the fact that they're able to go to Arsenal and win and then be the favourites in the home game is such an achievement considering how meteoric their rise has been.

Gotze is a huge loss, Lewandowski wants to leave, Hummels and Subotic out now right? Gundogan out. They're overachieving considering where they've been; an accumulation of fantastic players with the right coach that, like you say, should really be targeting second. No shame in coming second behind a team of Bayern's riches and stature.

Blablurn

u won the german championship 2 times in a row, dfb pokal, u were in the CL final, beat Madrid like this, and u spent over 50m in the transfer windows. of course u compete with us.

Wilbur

Banned
u won the german championship 2 times in a row, dfb pokal, u were in the CL final, beat Madrid like this, and u spent over 50m in the transfer windows. of course u compete with us.

Think you're missing the point, Blablurn. The fact that they even won everything you said, beat Madrid and got to the CL final (and then spent over 50m in the transfer window as a result of you buying Gotze for so much) is a fantastic achievement, and that people are disappointed when they lose as if a great giant has been toppled is a tad harsh when they've got to where they are so quickly.

bud23

Maybe. Depends if I get my car money this year.

Because you deluded neanderthals don't call out Madrid, you go "LOLiga" "Shit league" "Joke league" etc etc

When the same shit happens in your league. But we don't get to go "BPLol"?

Double standards do you punks have em

Pulga, that lovely Juve fan; People see what they want to see, PL fans and self-delusion have an interesting relation. The Premier is more overrated than Kate Upton. And? It´s fine. Let them dream, they are as harmless as their teams in the Champions. Nothing to worry about.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
OT9| lol Liga, bacon of justice

Man that Ronaldo free kick is sublime. Stunning player. Been the best in 2013 I think, sorry Ribery xoxoxo fuck Bayern

Messi is still the better player.

It should go to the top goalscorer imo. fake edit: Wait Cristina scored more? Alright then, it should go to the best dribbler in the world, Messi.

Sloane

Banned
Gotze is a huge loss, Lewandowski wants to leave, Hummels and Subotic out now right? Gundogan out. They're overachieving considering where they've been; an accumulation of fantastic players with the right coach that, like you say, should really be targeting second. No shame in coming second behind a team of Bayern's riches and stature.
Subotic is probably out for the season with what seems to be a torn ACL according to Klopp. Nobody knows when Gündogan will return but chances are very high he's leaving in summer anyway, my best guess is for Madrid. Lewandowski will obviously go to Bayern.

Hummels seems to be fine at least, played today although not especially well, got very close to being sent off.

Wilbur

Banned

It should go to the top goalscorer imo. fake edit: Wait Cristina scored more? Alright then, it should go to the best dribbler in the world, Messi.

Messi is the better player, Crissy has had the better 2013.

Like Adnan has had a better 2013 than Messi

K1LLER7

It should go to the top goalscorer imo. fake edit: Wait Cristina scored more? Alright then, it should go to the best dribbler in the world, Januzaj.
Fixed :D

Anyone played the new batman? Is it better than the first 2?

Top Bottom