• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

FootballFan

i11SCQW2Nhpkh.gif

Olic legend

ohhhh shit!! beautiful.

Sloane

Banned
Think you're missing the point, Blablurn. The fact that they even won everything you said, beat Madrid and got to the CL final (and then spent over 50m in the transfer window as a result of you buying Gotze for so much) is a fantastic achievement, and that people are disappointed when they lose as if a great giant has been toppled is a tad harsh when they've got to where they are so quickly.
Yeah. Also, we didn't really "spend" 50 million, we got about 40 million Euros for Götze alone, so the actual deficit is 10 million or something. And Bayern pays 150 million Euros or something in wages this season, we expect to pay less than 70, that's hardly the same level.

pulga

Banned
Messi is still the better player.

It should go to the top goalscorer imo. fake edit: Wait Cristina scored more? Alright then, it should go to the best dribbler in the world, Messi.

I can't wait for Vidal to join Zidane and Cannavaro in
my heart's
Hall of Fame and wrap the blanca on

FootballFan

Messi is still the better player.

It should go to the top goalscorer imo. fake edit: Wait Cristina scored more? Alright then, it should go to the best dribbler in the world, Messi.

tbf before Messi got injured he had 2 goals more than Ronaldo and 1 more assist.....i think.

Injured, slow start back from injury, but now he is back and it's only a matter of time until he catches cr7s numbers.

La Pulga. GOAT.

Wilbur

Banned
I was only kidding, Messi is barely in the top 100 in 2013.

someone say something

guys

-6 penalties = 18

and -tap ins?

Really, he's not that much better than Welbeck.

:lol

Vidal is penalty king lets take away his goal against Madrid you lost 2-1

FootballFan

Messi has 14 in 15 this season, Ronaldo has 24 in 17.

Yes but Ronaldo had 4 extra La Liga games and 1 extra CL game, 5 games where Messi would score at least 8. lol

from whoscored(yurt's fav)
Messi 12 (1)appearances 14goals 4assists
Ronaldo 17 (0)appearances 24goals 5assists

Messi will catch him, you'll see.

Wilbur

Banned
Yes but Ronaldo had 4 extra La Liga games and 1 extra CL game, 5 games where Messi would score at least 8. lol

But Ronaldo's only played two more games than Messi :S

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
:lol

Vidal is penalty king lets take away his goal against Madrid you lost 2-1

I like dis game

let's take away their imaginary offside penalty

1-1

And by Galliani's logic, if you take away our red card, we basically won the game.

edit: I'm not even playing it right.
KuGsj.gif

BigBoss

You can also add the fact that Madrid has been given a billion penalties this season while Barcelona only has been given 1 in La Liga so far.

conspiracy lol liga etc etc

Should have had another one against Barca as well

I think its a fair point when Ronaldo scores penalties he's played little part in winning, not sure how many of those there have been this season though. And Messi's had his fair share of those over the last 4 seasons as well :p

Wilbur

Banned
I think its a fair point when Ronaldo scores penalties he's played little part in winning, not sure how many of those there have been this season though. And Messi's had his fair share of those over the last 4 seasons as well :p

Ehh, he's scored 6 pens right? Still 18 goals by November that aren't penalties. Phenomenal stats regardless.

Fergie

Banned
Soon Sleep and FF. Count me in.

km7HdtR.jpg

If anyone wants to see that Ibra hat trick, BT sport are going to show it after the break. HD baby.

Suen

damn Cardozo with a hat trick already.

Guys I don't know if anyone of you watched Bilbao - Levante but Aduriz scored the winning goal for Bilbao on the 84th minute and then got a red card 8 minutes later for fighting.

bjaelke

Infostrada Sports @InfostradaLive
FT EAG 0-0 LOSC: Lille keep a clean sheet for the 8th consecutive time in Ligue 1, 3 shy of the all-time record of 12 by Bordeaux (1993).

Roma who?

Jezbollah

So my home town of Bishops Stortford get their 15 minutes of fame tomorrow when they play Northampton Town in round 1 of the FA Cup. The game is being shown live on ITV1.

Funnily enough, I'm going back to the town tomorrow to see my folks. It's going to be surreal as fuck to see Woodside Park on the TV when the game is going on not half a mile away.

The whole argument about Ribery deserving it more than Ronaldo is because a super charged Bayern owned the CL. Not because of Ribery, but who cares.

Clegg

I've actually been quite impressed by Phil Jones this season. Looks more solid defence and has even put in a couple of decent shifts in midfield. Maybe he might actually start living up to the praise Fergie lavished on him.

Wilbur

Banned
I've actually been quite impressed by Phil Jones this season. Looks more solid defence and has even put in a couple of decent shifts in midfield. Maybe he might actually start living up to the praise Fergie lavished on him.

He needs to start playing alongside Evans as much as possible now to be honest.

Top Bottom