• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

Scum

This generation was both phenomenal and utter horseshit, moreso than the previous one.

The amount of companies who went downhill HARD is unreal. Capcom, Konami, Square-Enix, etc. Kings of the PS2 era, they produced utter dross in this era on a regular basis.

Gonna be an interesting generation, the next one.

Those companies are just pure console devs. Then PC devs and their software/hardware ways started invading the scene. Since everything now is pretty much in the hands of these PC devs, good ol' fashioned console devs have been left behind - hence the loss of mid-tier devs and the like of Square.
I still reckon one or two devs/publishers will not make it far in a few years time. I'm expecting one out of Capcom, Konami, Square-Enix and Namco to be a completely different company and one out of EA, UbiSoft, Rockstar/Take2 and Activision to fuck up big, financially.

It started great, went downhill a couple of years later. Specially if you owned an Xbox 360.

Dead Rising, Gears of War,
Viva Piñata,
FIFA with actual good gameplay, etc were the key moments.

Oh, don't get me wrong, there are plenty of great games to enjoy, but the whole gen just stank off bullshit business practices.

Thinking about the shit Konami has done this gen makes me angry.

They're dead to me.

K1LLER7

It's a new dev trying to imitate the old games, good luck enjoying it if you didn't like the actual good ones. :p

Its the combat I hated. Same issue I had with Ass Creed.

Capcom have done okay this gen imo. Resi 5 and Street fighter 4 are probably both my most played games this gen.

Then they had the Monster Hunter games and Dragon Dogma!!!

Elchele

Why don't we have players icons in the OP anymore?

because you changed. for the worst

ifZlWMafe4JeS.png

(kind of looks like Lewa)

Clegg

Started watching Gangs of New York. Only seen it once and that was 5 or 6 years ago. First hour of the movie has solidified my opinion that Daniel Day Lewis is the best actor I've ever seen.

This generation was both phenomenal and utter horseshit, moreso than the previous one.

The amount of companies who went downhill HARD is unreal. Capcom, Konami, Square-Enix, etc. Kings of the PS2 era, they produced utter dross in this era on a regular basis.

Gonna be an interesting generation, the next one.

Japanese developers are dead.

With people hating on great games like Knack I'm not surprised.

Started watching Gangs of New York. Only seen it once and that was 5 or 6 years ago. First hour of the movie has solidified my opinion that Daniel Day Lewis is the best actor I've ever seen.
Probably the best actor now, yeah. Such a shame Pacino and De Niro are in terrible stuff now :/

Wilbur

Banned
dean why cant my playstation find the ip address, i just want to watch netflix

how the fuck can the ps3 not find it but my computer can that doesnt even make sense

come fix it

Showaddy

Read the November Confessions thread.

There's even one about a lad with a foot fetish so bad that he wanks on his sleeping roommates feet and then licks up the cum from his mates toes.

Why? Why would someone do this? Why would someone then tell people about it on the internet?

I just can't...

Clegg

Why? Why would someone do this? Why would someone then tell people about it on the internet?

I just can't...
It's an anonymous confession. You send it to Ronito's email address and he posts it. No names, no fuss. Although I think this particular confession might just be made up. A lot of them are pure fantasy.

Arnie

Love playin Fulham

Been buzzing my tits off since 3

Absolutely on one in dalston

Just copped it with some TALL AS FUCK blondy.

Batigol

Banned
Gaming side is very pro Sony right now I've noticed. Lot of the Microsoft threads just get shit up. Or if there is a positive thread about XBone it just gets turned into negative. It's crazy over there

Scum

Gaming side is very pro Sony right now I've noticed. Lot of the Microsoft threads just get shit up. Or if there is a positive thread about XBone it just gets turned into negative. It's crazy over there
People don't play games over there. Plus most of them are young and only grew up with PS2s. Better to hide in here lest get banned over there.

To be fair Microsoft has had shitty PR for last few months. It all just adds up.

Also like everyone said, just stay away from those threads. It's not worth it.

Showaddy

The One really has just been bad news after bad news after bad news though. The biggest reaction to Microsoft trying to fuck people over was always going to be on the internet.

Anyway fans of Xbox should be thankful, a huge amount of the shit that caused MS to do their big 180 was stirred up by either Sony or Sony fanboys. Yeah it sucks but Xbox fans have got a better console out of it.

Barzul

To be fair Microsoft has had shitty PR for last few months. It all just adds up.

Also like everyone said, just stay away from those threads. It's not worth it.

It's actually not as bad now, I started lurking on GAF right during the DRM stuff. This is like cupcakes compared to then.

Scum

Microsoft might have buggered up but it goes beyond that though. It just feels like there are far too many people on here nowadays that are looking/fishing for something - a tag, to be the first, to be the most quoted and to ruin the first two pages of most threads.
Many decent threads are lost or screwed up by people spamming memes left, right and centre.

@3Sixty - Throw in Shaw and you've got a deal.

Top Bottom