• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

Wes

venison crêpe
If Bacuna's goal had been scored by someone in a top 6 side people would be jerking off their eye stems in ecstasy.

Wilbur

Banned
If Bacuna's goal had been scored by someone in a top 6 side people would be jerking off their eye stems in ecstasy.

It was brilliant but Lallana's >

We should have been up by like 5 goals and now we're losing 2-1 at halftime. Fucking Spartak.

Thanks Hulk.

Oh dear. Who scored your first?

Does Spalletti still have that absurd moustache? Maybe he should shave it and you'll become powerful again.

Plasma

Banned
KKUtG4l.png

Premier League @premierleague
Suarez? Snodgrass? Sessegnon? Vote for your favourite #BPL goal on Saturday by heading to premierleague.com pic.twitter.com/5MvIcTz5U6

Bacuna looks a lot like Sessegnon apparently.

WJD

Feeling surprisingly calm about today. It's nice being able to go into a game as underdogs for once - just want to see some proper ballsy performances, that's all.

Movsisyan with a hat trick. He's killing Zenit loooool. Just as God Phantast2k intended.

It's okay, he's off injured now. That's what happens when you score that many against god's team. Phantast will still be pleased though because his boy Lucas Barrios came on as a sub.

Suen

It's okay, he's off injured now. That's what happens when you score that many against god's team. Phantast will still be pleased though because his boy Lucas Barrios came on as a sub.
:lol Sviato for the pens Hulk miss he makes them up with goals and ass.

Wilbur

Banned
Alright. I'm in two minds about how I want us to line up today. In terms of our best players and ones I want to suck until they cum dust, then Januzaj and Kagawa are the wingers I want. In terms or nullifying Arsenal's threat Valencia's probably a given as well as one of Young or Nani. Dunno.

Assuming Carrick isn't fit, I think we'll see

DDG; Smalling, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra; Valencia, Jones, Fellaini, Januzaj; Rooney, RVP

Gonna have to be quick on the counter, let Koscielny press RVP high and isolate Mertesacker against Rooney.

Manager

Friedel; Walker, Vertonghen, Dawson, Chiriches; Paulinho, Dembele, Eriksen, Sigurdsson, Townsend, Soldado
Gomes, Kaboul, Lennon, Lamela, Holtby, Defoe, Sandro

Krul; Debuchy, Williamson, Yanga-Mbiwa, Santon; Sissoko, Tiote (c), Cabaye, Gouffran; Shola Ameobi, Remy
Elliot, Coloccini, Anita, Obertan, Sammy Ameobi, Ben Arfa, Cisse

Splatt

Who will be back-up? Good/bad?

Their starting CB's are going to be Papastathopoulos and Hummels, but I'm not sure who's going to be back-up.

Looking at their defense players at soccerway, the only candidates are Koray Günter and Marian Sarr.

Wilbur

Banned
Friedel; Walker, Vertonghen, Dawson, Chiriches; Paulinho, Dembele, Eriksen, Sigurdsson, Townsend, Soldado
Gomes, Kaboul, Lennon, Lamela, Holtby, Defoe, Sandro

Krul; Debuchy, Williamson, Yanga-Mbiwa, Santon; Sissoko, Tiote (c), Cabaye, Gouffran; Shola Ameobi, Remy
Elliot, Coloccini, Anita, Obertan, Sammy Ameobi, Ben Arfa, Cisse

Spurs are going to concede today, Brad's looking all shaky nowadays. Newcastle really should be starting Anita. And I think it's silly Lamela's on the bench, silly bedding in and rotation excuses will only get you so far but unless he's too tired (which he shouldn't be), then he should be in the team after his performance on Thursday.

Want our team to be:

Chesney; Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscienly, Gibbs; Arteta, Ramsey; Rosicky, Ozil, Cazorla; Giroud.

Flamini to come off the bench.

So, Galliani will leave at the end of the season and Barbara Berlusconi will rebuild the board.

As much as I hated the Gold Tie during some transfer windows, I'm really sorry to see him leaving Milan, especially considering how much we won with him as our CEO: 8 Scudetti, 1 Coppa Italia, 5 Champions League, 5 European Supercup, 3 Club World Cup and 6 Italian Supercup. Sure, he also went to Spain the summer we sold Sheva only to come back with Ricardo Oliveira, but in the end I think I'll remember only the good stuff (Ibra and Balo were two great transfers financially speaking, Kakà too).

We're going to have so many bad years now, I can feel it. Barbara can't be trusted and she's still unexperienced to manage a team like Milan by herself.

Thank god nobody was watching that game. I wouldn't be able to bear having to see a gif of that 4th goal in this thread. Eredivisie level defending.

WJD

Can't see Carrick starting today unfortunately. Fellaini+Jones/Cleverley+Jones looks more likely and infinitely more worrying.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On another note, does anybody know where I can get my hands on a 1 month PS+ code?

spidye

Oh yeah I forgot Lahm was a midfielder now lol

he's now an AM
:lol

pep's crazy hipster tactics make me laugh my ass off

really sucks for subotic. even though his antics against robben and bayern were shitty and the other players are much classier than him he still didn't deserve this.

I hope he has more luck than badstuber

Salazar

one of Young or Nani.

Both need to produce scrotum-tingling genius for the next 1,000 minutes of league and CL football for me to start respecting them on a human level. That kind of species fellow-feeling will take some time to recover.

Still fucking bus-trips away from giving a fuck about either as a footballer.

bjaelke

On another note, does anybody know where I can get my hands on a 1 month PS+ code?
The PS4 will include such a code. They don't stack on top of existing memberships, so you can probably get one from the launch thread next week. A lot of gaf members are already subscribed to PS+, so they'll be giving them away for free.

Manager

Their starting CB's are going to be Papastathopoulos and Hummels, but I'm not sure who's going to be back-up.

Looking at their defense players at soccerway, the only candidates are Koray Günter or Marian Sarr.

Had to Google that guy, thought you meant Papadopoulos at Schalke. Apparently Sokratis came from Bremen.

According to Transfermarkt values:
Hummels €26m
Subotic €20m
Sokratis €10m
Sarr €0.5m 18 y/o
Gunter €0.5m 19 y/o

They must be screwed if they get another injury.

WJD

The PS4 will include such a code. They don't stack on top of existing memberships, so you can probably get one from the launch thread next week. A lot of gaf members are already subscribed to PS+, so they'll be giving them away for free.

Ah good point. Hopefully the EU PS4's have them included too.

Wilbur

Banned
Both need to produce scrotum-tingling genius for the next 1,000 minutes of league and CL football for me to start respecting them on a human level. That kind of species fellow-feeling will take some time to recover.

Still fucking bus-trips away from giving a fuck about either as a footballer.

Agreed. But I mean theoretically - and as Moyes is a man of science - Young would defend a left flank better than Kagawa and Januzaj. Do I want to see us defend a left flank more than we attack it?

No.

But my darling Sal, we have to prepare for inevitability.

Top Bottom