• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

Wilbur

Banned
Is it okay to dislike Call of Duty and Knack?

Or by shunning 'bright, original inventive platforming' i have to like dudecunt shooters

Elchele

Is it okay to dislike Call of Duty and Knack?

Or by shunning 'bright, original inventive platforming' i have to like dudecunt shooters

Call of Duty and pretty much all the FPS are shit. They over did them this gen, ruined the genre for me.

Knack looks 'ok', but yes it looks like a tech demo. It should be a free launch game, like Wii Sports. It could end up being fun, at least.

Only fun part of GTA V is fucking around with friends online. So overrated.

Fucking loved the heists and pretty much all Trevor stuff, even the obnoxious missions with him were fun just for the dialogue.

But it does get too tedious halfway through with stupid ass "go pick up xxx and go to xxx" that you have done 50 times already and have no real value at all.

Timurid

i8J8aFx453RCC.gif

lol

K1LLER7

Still not finished GTA V. I know i'm near the end though.

Got the new Batman from a friend today, hope it's better than the first 2.

The reason I'm buying Knack is because I miss platformers and am looking forward to support and play one.

Also because other than Killzone: Shadowfall there's nothing else on the PS4 I'm interested for..

Yen

I don't know when it would ever be appropriate to use that AVB gif, but gosh, I'm saving that.

Started Twin Peaks. On ep4 now. It's good so far. Cooper is brilliant.

Scum

Gaming this gen was shite. Konami make it to the top of my fucking list of shitty dev/publisher these last few years.

Carbonox

Gaming this gen was shite. Konami make it to the top of my fucking list of shitty dev/publisher these last few years.

This generation was both phenomenal and utter horseshit, moreso than the previous one.

The amount of companies who went downhill HARD is unreal. Capcom, Konami, Square-Enix, etc. Kings of the PS2 era, they produced utter dross in this era on a regular basis.

Gonna be an interesting generation, the next one.

Elchele

It started great, went downhill a couple of years later. Specially if you owned an Xbox 360.

Dead Rising, Gears of War,
Viva Piñata,
FIFA with actual good gameplay, etc were the key moments.

This generation was both phenomenal and utter horseshit, moreso than the previous one.

The amount of companies who went downhill HARD is unreal. Capcom, Konami, Square-Enix, etc. Kings of the PS2 era, they produced utter dross in this era on a regular basis.

Gonna be an interesting generation, the next one.
The east is dead

AAA dudebro420x games are the future.

Tegris

Finished watching the game - we were fantastic today, but Fulham at home will probably be the easiest match we'll play all season. The success of our midfield entirely depends on how well the opposition presses them, and Fulham are probably the laziest side in the league - Gerrard, Hendo and Coutinho had so much time to pick out passes. I'm glad we've finally scored from a corner too.

Thrilled that West Ham lost - Fat Sam deserves that for Reid's "injury."

Top of the Fantasy league too, boom.

Fucking loved the heists and pretty much all Trevor stuff, even the obnoxious missions with him were fun just for the dialogue.

But it does get too tedious halfway through with stupid ass "go pick up xxx and go to xxx" that you have done 50 times already and have no real value at all.
The heists were the best part. Too bad there's like 5 of them and even then half of them are rubbish. Especially the Merryweather one. What a waste of time that was.

Carbonox

Capcom did good with Dead Rising (1) and Lost Planet (1), then they fucked everything

Devil May Cry 4 is still one of the best action games around so I'd say after that point. They couldn't recapture the magic of RE4 with 5 despite delivering a fun co-op title and THEN they produced nothing but shovelware-tier wank since.

Lightning

Banned
Devil May Cry 4 is still one of the best action games around so I'd say after that point. They couldn't recapture the magic of RE4 with 5 despite delivering a fun co-op title and THEN they produced nothing but shovelware-tier wank since.
DMC4 is shit compared to the much better DMC3. Capcom went backwards the whole gen aside from Dead Rising which was fun.

Aside from MGS4 I didn't like much of what they did. Square Enix the same, very disappointing from them last gen.

Silent Hill went from my favorite franchise to complete garbage, made by talentless western devs while Konami scattered team silent to everything from their pes team to mobile phone dating Sims.

OK well at least we will always have the good old sh games, but they even managed to release a HD collection that was broken and pissed on, all while they started throwing shit at the creative team behind the original.

Oh and pes.

Fuck you Konami.

Lightning

Banned
Silent Hill went from my favorite franchise to complete garbage, made by talentless western devs while Konami scattered team silent to everything from their pes team to mobile phone dating Sims.

OK well at least we will always have the good old sh games, but they even managed to release a HD collection that was broken and pissed on, all while they started throwing shit at the creative team behind the original.

Oh and pes.

Fuck you Konami.
Silent Hill 2 is my favourite horror game. That game was so awesome, SH3 wasn't bad but it's gone all down hill since then for the franchise, in my opinion. I was never a big fan if PES but I used to prefer it to FIFA but not anymore.

Carbonox

DMC4 is shit compared to the much better DMC3. Capcom went backwards the whole gen aside from Dead Rising which was fun.

Aye it's not as good as DMC3 but its combat engine was still well-crafted. Unfortunately the game was plagued by poor design choices everywhere else. The backtracking, etc.

I liked Dead Rising. Dead Rising 2 was bad-to-average and Dead Rising 3 looks crap. Capcom Vancouver are pony devs. No surprise Capcom bought them.

Silent Hill 2 is my favourite horror game. That game was so awesome, SH3 wasn't bad but it's gone all down hill since then for the franchise, in my opinion. I was never a big fan if PES but I used to prefer it to FIFA but not anymore.

Silent Hill 2 blew me away. Superb horror game. Silent Hill 3 was a good game too but yeah the series dropped off a cliff after that.

Top Bottom