• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

Manager

What's the amount of PL goals Spurs have scored outside of penalties? 5-6 in 9 matches?

edit:
Soldado 3 penalty goals, 9 total team goals.

Yen

You da best Yenrot.

And yeah, Man of Snore 2 ft every DC hero is going to be a horror show. Snyder is dreadful, his films have the depth of a tablespoon and largely consist of mind numbingly boring action.

--

Anyways footy. Remy is proper good.
I watched Man of Steel and Dawn of the Dead on Friday. I'm sad that for the next decade (presumably) the Batman films will be helmed by Snyder. MoS wasn't particularly. Jor-El was the best part of the film. Would've much rather watched a a Jor-El film.
Edit: in under the impression Snyder is directing Bats film too.

bjaelke

YES YES YES just noticed TV3(Swedish channel that like everyone has) is showing Spurs, City and United - Arsenal today.

Viasat secured the PL rights this season (in Denmark), so I cancelled my tv subscription and bought Viaplay. Really great with all the football they're offering.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Sincerely for today i only hope that whoever will win it won't be because of some crazy referee decision that will create tons of controversy afterwards...

LOOOOOOOOOOOOL no kidding.
KuGsj.gif

May the best side win!
3AQmK.gif
or the shitty one, if it's us

There's mutual respect between Rafa and Conte, at least.

Manager

Viasat secured the PL rights this season (in Denmark), so I cancelled my tv subscription and bought Viaplay. Really great with all the football they're offering.

It seems to still have that incredibly annoying (small) lag though? Maybe not in Denmark.

Feorax

Spurs are lacking that magician that a great side needs. They have a lot of techically gifted and competent players, but no-one who can step up when things aren't going well.

Ironic really.

Linius

Spurs are lacking that magician that a great side needs. They have a lot of techically gifted and competent players, but no-one who can step up when things aren't going well.

Ironic really.

About three years from now Eriksen will be that player. Then he leaves.

Arnie

Spurs are so slow in possession. All their players look more worried about sticking to a position than actually playing football. Walker gets the ball and moves about a yard before an AVB-shaped warning light springs to life in his head, telling him to stop and pass it on.

Manager

Not after they launched the latest beta. Have 3 concurrent HD streams running.

I remember, and lately heard, that when the ball is crossed or camera moved there is a constant small lag. Like, a very small stutter, like as if the framerate is a bit lower than regular TV/Youtube. It was really annoying, if they've fixed that I'm probably getting it asap and cancelling my Viasat.

edit
Looking at forums, seems like the lag is still there here at least.

Arnie

Today could be a top day.

This game
Arsenal vs United
Gravity IMAX 3D
Curry and Ambassadors finale.

I'm so jealous.

Gravity is sold out at the BFI Imax for over a week. Don't know whether to wait or whether to just go and watch it 2D at the cinema down the road.

Linius

I'm so jealous.

Gravity is sold out at the BFI Imax for over a week. Don't know whether to wait or whether to just go and watch it 2D at the cinema down the road.

I feel so privileged when reading about you guys and your IMAX reservations and stuff. Usually I just go to the cinema and buy my ticket at the spot, no sweat :p

Zabojnik

Pretty much. At this point, if I have to save anybody and get rid of the rest of the board/team, I'd pick Galliani, rebuilding a team with him would be much easier. Basically everybody has the same idea, except for the Berlusconis: I would've expected that from Barbara because it's pretty clear what her final objective is, but seeing Silvio agreeing with her on this left me speechless.

Galliani must be fucking gutted. I mean, sure, Barbara is Berlusconi's daughter, so it makes sense that the old pervert would favour her, but still. Adriano's been at Milan forever.

Feorax

He will. Lamela is class, just needs time to get used to the league and the team. Some players take longer than others.

Hopefully, I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do.

Wonder if it will be the same for Soldado? Don't get me wrong, he's hardly Andy Carroll levels of crap, but at near enough £30 million you'd be expecting much more than a penalty taker.

bjaelke

Premier League @premierleague
Remy’s goal was his 13th in the #BPL since January. Only Sturridge, Benteke, Suarez & Van Persie have scored more in that time #TOTNEW

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Salernitana-Nocerina derby: Nocerina forfeits match on purpose because they received death threats from their ultras

First Nocerina refused to get on the pitch, only Salernitana warmed up, so the match was delayed an hour by the referee

WHAT THE FUCK

Pretty much. At this point, if I have to save anybody and get rid of the rest of the board/team, I'd pick Galliani, rebuilding a team with him would be much easier. Basically everybody has the same idea, except for the Berlusconis: I would've expected that from Barbara because it's pretty clear what her final objective is, but seeing Silvio agreeing with her on this left me speechless.

#FreeMilan

GorillaJu

Hopefully, I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do.

Wonder if it will be the same for Soldado? Don't get me wrong, he's hardly Andy Carroll levels of crap, but at near enough £30 million you'd be expecting much more than a penalty taker.

Soldado is crap because his service is crap. He's not a "score wonder goals out of nothing" player, which is at the moment the type of player Spurs need for the way they're playing. They just can't find his feet with a pass in the areas it matters.

Manager

My mum is 80% blind with one eye so she can't see 3D either. Must be a bummer if you love cinema.

I used to work as TV salesman and for some reason I can't see 3D (my eyes are otherwise good). Had to read impressions to understand how I would explain 3D to customers.

Top Bottom