• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

Sloane

Banned
Sarr €0.5m 18 y/o
Gunter €0.5m 19 y/o

They must be screwed if they get another injury.
Not really. When Hummels and Subotic started for us in 2008, they both were about 18 years old and pretty unknown, too. Günter has a lot of potential and should be strong enough to compete in the Bundesliga and the same is probably true for Sarr who looked pretty good in pre-season and in our U23. But Günter should get the open seat on the bench for now.

Had to Google that guy, thought you meant Papadopoulos at Schalke. Apparently Sokratis came from Bremen.

According to Transfermarkt values:
Hummels €26m
Subotic €20m
Sokratis €10m
Sarr €0.5m 18 y/o
Gunter €0.5m 19 y/o

Screwed sounds worse than it really is. Sarr and Günter are huge talents and this shitty injury might even help them to make the next step. I wouldn't worry about them playing a few Bundesliga matches, matches against Bayern/Leverkusen/etc. might obviously be too early for them, though. And if they both aren't ready yet, we could still play Bender as CB.

Elchele

Had to Google that guy, thought you meant Papadopoulos at Schalke. Apparently Sokratis came from Bremen.

According to Transfermarkt values:
Hummels €26m
Subotic €20m
Sokratis €10m
Sarr €0.5m 18 y/o
Gunter €0.5m 19 y/o

I'd say Sokratis is better than Subotic and maybe even better than Hummels in the long run.

They have another CB in the reserves, he was on loan at some 2.Bundesliga side a couple of seasons ago. And Gunter is supposed to be a huge talent.

Sloane

Banned
I'd say Sokratis is better than Subotic and maybe even better than Hummels in the long run.

They have another CB in the reserves, he was on loan at some 2.Bundesliga side a couple of seasons ago. And Gunter is supposed to be a huge talent.
Not sure who you mean, Sobiech and Koch are both gone.

Manager

Not really. When Hummels and Subotic started for us in 2008, they both were about 18 years old and pretty unknown, too. Günter has a lot of potential and should be strong enough to compete in the Bundesliga and the same is probably true for Sarr who looked pretty good in pre-season and in our U23. But Günter should get the open seat on the bench for now.

Screwed sounds worse than it really is. Sarr and Günter are huge talents and this shitty injury might even help them to make the next step. I wouldn't worry about them playing a few Bundesliga matches, matches against Bayern/Leverkusen/etc. might obviously be too early for them, though. And if they both aren't ready yet, we could still play Bender as CB.

Thanks, didn't know about their talents. Will remember Günter then for the future.

I don't doubt Hummels or Sokratis, just meant that if they get another injury on one of them they'll have issues in the CL playoffs, for example, if they get there. But I didn't know about Bender as CB so I guess he could cover then.

Wilbur

Banned
Alright I'm out until half time. Hope it's a good line up, hope it's a good 45 mins. Enjoy fellow United fans and Arsenal fans. Will be shitting myself.

Probably not best to be around food really.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
So, Galliani will leave at the end of the season and Barbara Berlusconi will rebuild the board.

As much as I hated the Gold Tie during some transfer windows, I'm really sorry to see him leaving Milan, especially considering how much we won with him as our CEO: 8 Scudetti, 1 Coppa Italia, 5 Champions League, 5 European Supercup, 3 Club World Cup and 6 Italian Supercup. Sure, he also went to Spain the summer we sold Sheva only to come back with Ricardo Oliveira, but in the end I think I'll remember only the good stuff (Ibra and Balo were two great transfers financially speaking, Kakà too).

We're going to have so many bad years now, I can feel it. Barbara can't be trusted and she's still unexperienced to manage a team like Milan by herself.

Whoa, getting rid of Galliani FIRST would be a gigantic fuck up. He bought some awful players in the last two years but he was operating on a shoestring budget (and possibly under the directions of Allegri).

LTWheels

We need to make a cheeky bid for Cabaye in January.

Don't think he's a priority.

We need a big atheletic defensive midfielder as an alternative to Lucas. We lack depth in that area.

The Arsenal game showed that against some teams we can't have two passengers in midfield.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Llorente on his facebook "Today winning is not important.....it's the only thing that matters!!! Forza Juve!!"

tumblr_mvx1hjziam1r30r4xo1_500.gif

If he scores the winner tonight I might die on the spot

Two things, not surprised, we just need to go for it today. Spurs aren't scoring enough goals in the league, we need to pressure and get that early lead, then kick back and let them try and score. Counter like fuck, we have the pace.

Also, Joe, please sign Loic. Pls. Pls.

Yen

Watching DKR again. It's very good. Don't understand the hate.
Though JGL should've been called Officer Grayson or something.
I've started reading Dark Knight Returns, give it 15 years and make another Nolan/Bale film. Snyder 's Batman is going to suuuuck.

Don't think he's a priority.

We need a big atheletic defensive midfielder as an alternative to Lucas. We lack depth in that area.

The Arsenal game showed that against some teams we can't have two passengers in midfield.
I don't think Lucas is a passenger. I think his problem is having to do all the running for Gerrard.

LeleSocho

Banned
Llorente on his facebook "Today winning is not important.....it's the only thing that matters!!! Forza Juve!!"

tumblr_mvx1hjziam1r30r4xo1_500.gif

If he scores the winner tonight I might die on the spot

Sincerely for today i only hope that whoever will win it won't be because of some crazy referee decision that will create tons of controversy afterwards...

Whoa, getting rid of Galliani FIRST would be a gigantic fuck up. He bought some awful players in the last two years but he was operating on a shoestring budget (and possibly under the directions of Allegri).

Pretty much. At this point, if I have to save anybody and get rid of the rest of the board/team, I'd pick Galliani, rebuilding a team with him would be much easier. Basically everybody has the same idea, except for the Berlusconis: I would've expected that from Barbara because it's pretty clear what her final objective is, but seeing Silvio agreeing with her on this left me speechless.

mellz

YES YES YES just noticed TV3(Swedish channel that like everyone has) is showing Spurs, City and United - Arsenal today.

L1NETT

Watching DKR again. It's very good. Don't understand the hate.
I've started reading Dark Knight Returns, give it 15 years and make another Nolan/Bale film. Snyder 's Batman is going to suuuuck.

You da best Yenrot.

And yeah, Man of Snore 2 ft every DC hero is going to be a horror show. Snyder is dreadful, his films have the depth of a tablespoon and largely consist of mind numbingly boring action.

--

Anyways footy. Remy is proper good.

GorillaJu

If Spurs fans want their team to be buoyed by their chants, they should maybe not try putting them to sleep? It's so fucking languid.

Top Bottom