• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today Galliani confirmed Poli, and said he will be training with the squad on Monday. Great news.

He also said some other interesting things:

Gold Tie said:
I see Honda as a trequartista. We will sign a striker to replace Robinho. The striker that could replace Robinho will also be young. We will definitely not sign a 32-33 year old striker.

So Honda is NOT coming in as the Robinho replacement. This all but confirms we will sell Prince IMO. And I wonder who we will replace Robinho with (or if we even need to; we still have five strikers after he leaves.)

I wish Galliani would show some more interest in signing a CB.

Edit: In unrelated news, LUCA TONI signed with Hellas Verona. Gonna be great seeing him play every week.

GorillaJu

Palkin himself said that Shakhtar wanted €30m for Mkhitaryan and they had already rejected a €25m offer... what's changed since last week?

Well, Palkin is full of shit, so I wouldn't say his word means anything in this case, but it would surprise me if this was true.

LTWheels

The story in Bild says Henrikh has chosen Dortmund and agreed terms but a transfer fee just needs to be agreed between the clubs...

There is so many stories going around, no one knows what to believe.

I imagine Shakthar are happier to see Henrikh go to a big club like Dortmund and appreciate he really wants it, therefore accepting a slightly smaller fee than they had hoped for.

Feorax

Watzke and Zorc on the way to Ukraine according to German Sky Sports News.

Heinrich is ours

I've also seen quotes today from Watzke saying that BVB won't be buying Mkhitaryan under any circumstances. Not sure of the veracity.

Basically, yet again, no-one knows what's going on so shit is being made up left, right and centre in Germany, Here, Russia, Ukraine and Armenia.

It's quite frightening the way sports media react when they aren't in the loop.

Palkin himself said that Shakhtar wanted €30m for Mkhitaryan and they had already rejected a €25m offer... what's changed since last week?

There's this €22m "penalty" release clause (for Heinrich to break his contract). Maybe Heinrich only wants to join Dortmund and an agreement at 25m is better for everyone involved?

We still haven't signed anyone yet, Viva.

Are you feeling alright?
Well. It's a pretty sad state of affairs. Fortunately some other things which were pending in my life have been cleared up so I'm doing okay.

Next week though, I expect 2 players.

sohois

I imagine Shakthar are happier to see Henrikh go to a big club like Dortmund and appreciate he really wants it, therefore accepting a slightly smaller fee than they had hoped for.

I think your emotions are getting in the way of rational thinking. Shaktar, among the toughest negotiators around, letting a player go for less just because the player can move to a champions league club? Replace the clubs with, say, Real Madrid instead of Dortmund and Monaco instead of Liverpool. Do you still come to the same conclusion?

Yes, he will definitely get a nickname if he joins us. I still have trouble spelling Kuba's and Pische's names. Both of them got two "z"s... but the rest of name? Pure guessing.

Blaszczykowski and Piszczek, it's pretty easy once you've understood the sz-cz thing.

I've also seen quotes today from Watzke saying that BVB won't be buying Mkhitaryan under any circumstances. Not sure of the veracity.

Basically, yet again, no-one knows what's going on so shit is being made up left, right and centre in Germany, Here, Russia, Ukraine and Armenia.

It's quite frightening the way sports media react when they aren't in the loop.

Stop reading Liverpool papers lol, that's just made up.

A fact is that Zorc and Watzke are gone since today and most likely in Ukraine (I trust the Sky reporter there, they are with our team the whole time, I'm pretty sure they noticed where the two went). That Ukraine article might be bullshit but expect it to happen soon.

Salvadora

yessssssssssss.

Toral is supposed to be good as well, isn't he?

They are both meant to be absolutely top class. Unfortunately we won't see Bellerin in pre-season as he's off at some European football tournament for the Spanish national team.

Really, really excited to see them in the future.

GorillaJu

I wonder who we will turn our attentions to now? Maybe Erikson again?

Not sure. Eriksen isn't a goalscorer, while Mkhitaryan is. If we're looking for an attacking midfielder to add to 10+ goals to our yearly tally, then Henrikh would fit the bill much better than Eriksen. The club will have other targets, but damn I'd love it if we could get the Armenian.

I think your emotions are getting in the way of rational thinking. Shaktar, among the toughest negotiators around, letting a player go for less just because the player can move to a champions league club? Replace the clubs with, say, Real Madrid instead of Dortmund and Monaco instead of Liverpool. Do you still come to the same conclusion?

He trollin, dude.

There's so many small touches in the OP that you guys should check it. Click on Clegg's name or check out Liverpool on the members list!

horse.gif

this should be in the op of every thread

done, thus making this the best OP in any FootyGAF thread.

Clegg

Well. It's a pretty sad state of affairs. Fortunately some other things which were pending in my life have been cleared up so I'm doing okay.

Next week though, I expect 2 players.
I genuinely expected a new signing to be made by the time of Moyes' unveiling.

Now we're in the same position with Thiago as we were 2 weeks ago.

Very frustrating for a transfer muppet.

Tegris

Well, Palkin is full of shit, so I wouldn't say his word means anything in this case, but it would surprise me if this was true.

Yeah I know, but with the amount of rubbish being spouted by "journalists" over this saga, I'll take an actual quote over speculation by "Ukraine sources."

Try harder :lol

There's this €22m "penalty" release clause (for Heinrich to break his contract). Maybe Heinrich only wants to join Dortmund and an agreement at 25m is better for everyone involved?

That isn't bad logic to be fair, but I imagine Henrikh's agent would be pushing for Dortmund to allow him to break the contract; €3m more for the transfer fee means that there's less money available for agent fees.

They are both meant to be absolutely top class. Unfortunately we won't see Bellerin in pre-season as he's off at some European football tournament for the Spanish national team.

Really, really excited to see them in the future.

Hopefully we'll see them in the Carling Cup/FA Cup.

Also would like to see Eisfeld more.

Mastadon

Banned
Not sure. Eriksen isn't a goalscorer, while Mkhitaryan is. If we're looking for an attacking midfielder to add to 10+ goals to our yearly tally, then Henrikh would fit the bill much better than Eriksen. The club will have other targets, but damn I'd love it if we could get the Armenian.

He trollin, dude.

Can't think of many other players who can score that amount of goals, be within budget and want to come to us :(

Meier

Just seen my first ever video clip of Erik Lamela.

We must sign this guy.
Yeah he's a beast. In FM 2011 I had him and Iturbe tearing it up together for Porto in an Argentine connection. Dunno why Iturbe hasn't made the jump yet. Porto needs to give him more first team minutes this season.

Carbonox

Dortmund lineup muppetry?

WEEDLEFELLA

PISSCECH
HUMMER
SUSANBOYLETIC
SMELLHER

BENDER
GUNGAN
MIDICHLORIAN

BLAZYFICOSGHJDKTIKKKSKI
AUBERGINE
ROY

I can see Lewandowski playing a big role still. I mean, if I wanted to push for a transfer so bad but couldn't leave but another year, I'd still wanna play the best football I can and show the world my talents. Plus any personal goals involving goals scored, etc. I hate players who refuse to play cos they don't get a move though I'm not saying Lewi is refusing to play. If he's on point again, his goals will go a long way for Dortmund again.

That isn't bad logic to be fair, but I imagine Henrikh's agent would be pushing for Dortmund to allow him to break the contract; €3m more for the transfer fee means that there's less money available for agent fees.

I don't think it's in anyone's interest to break the contract. Donetsk will get less money, Dortmund and Heinrich problems with taxation. And let's face it, we're talking about Mino, that contract would long be broken if it had benefits for him/Heinrich.

I think we need to go back to the previous OP. It feels like we're in the Championship level of FootyGAF threads. To be fair, the horse punching does raise the level considerably.

GorillaJu

On a 1-10 scale, how untrustworthy is AgentUEFA on twitter.

9/10. First of all, he has Agent in his name, which would mean that he's an agent of someone or something, so he probably has some inside info. UEFA would mean that he's probably tied to Uefa in some kind of official capacity. Two big giveaways there that he's the real deal.

Salazar

Now we're in the same position with Thiago as we were 2 weeks ago.

Very frustrating for a transfer muppet.

Nah. Things are moving. Barcelona just needed to chirp up a bit today because it's Moyeses' day and they don't want the initiative to slip, or appear to slip, totally away.

Rangers kit 13/14

http://www.passionemaglie.it/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/rangers-home-2013-2014.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://www.passionemaglie.it/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/rangers-away-2013-2014.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://www.passionemaglie.it/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/rangers-third-2013-14.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Blackthorn? As in....the cider?

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahahahahahahahahahhahaha

Tc91

What do you want in a phone?

btw Kharma is a fanboy.

I'm not too sure, my iPhone 4 just feels so out dated and sluggish. I've been looking at some Youtube videos of the S4 and it looks so smart.

Is there much difference in the apps? I guess you can get the majority of them on Android.

I've got an iphone and my wife has an S4. I'd swap phones with her in a heartbeat.

Well that could of sealed it for me.

O2: 600 mins
Unlimited texts
750MB data

£37.00
per month

Handset is free. That would do me I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom